Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do girls really get put off by over-interested guys? Serious question

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 in_a_twist

n1, thanks. Best advice yet. I think i'll be seeing her later tonight or tomorrow. So i'll have a chat if we get a chance. Thanks for your help guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Spot on WhiteWashMan. People behave differently all the time and the best way (although not the most subtle) is to ask the other person straight out what they're thinking because there is no other way to find out for sure. Don't wreck your head by leaving it too long either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

lazydaisy wrote:
    "I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member."

Nail. On. The. Head. Seriously. I kind of copped this fact when I was 16 and was unceremoniously dumped by my then girlfriend. I've been trying to explain it to my mates ever since, but it doesn't really sink in for them.

You know what the really sad thing is? I'm now like that myself. Just about any girl that shows an interest in me is a bit of a loser, in my book. :(

[edit:] Which, incidentally, seems to only make them chase all the harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Argh. And women say men are impossible to figure out. How is the population of the planet so high when a womans interest level fluctuates all over the place like this?
    that is the sixty four million dollar question!! :p

ah it would be so much easier if i like somone they like me, we are both keen, and wham, we are together!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

You know what the really sad thing is? I'm now like that myself. Just about any girl that shows an interest in me is a bit of a loser, in my book. :(

[edit:] QUOTE]

Wow. That's really pathetic. Hate yourself much?

yeah you're right. so much easier. but i guess we're all a bit more complicated than that.

i saw the girl out last night and we scored again. It seemed more intimate this time which may indicate that she does have feelings for me, and is willing to take it a little furter. I'm not gonna rush into anything just yet, see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

thats good, thumbs up for getting with her ;) but yes it does sound like she's interested, dont underestimate yourself

in a twist wrote:
    I'll try keep this brief.

So i met a really nice girl at a dinner party (we're both 19, the dinner was just an excuse to have a laugh and a few glasses of wine) and we got on great. We talked for ages and got on great. We slept in the same bed that night but i didn't make any move cause i was quite drunk and didn't want to do anything stupid and screw things up. Anyway the next day i heard from her friend that she really liked me.

This was good cause i obviously liked her too. I texted her over the nest few days, just casual stuff.

She came out with a few friends from the dinner party to a collge night in town and we ended up scoring. I found out she lived on the same road as me, kinda wierd but not a problem i don't think. We chared a taxi and scored again outside her house for a while.

That was wed night.. Thursday didn't really text her but saw her friday morning and suggested we go see a movie that night. She seemed genuinely interested so i thought all was good.

Anyways later that day my good friend, who is going out with one of this girl's best friends texted me. Basically he said that he heard that i seemed too keen (through the obvious line of people) and that this girl wasn't really sure about it all. I was fairly supprised considering she seemed up for goin to the cinema.

So at the cinmea i didn't really make any moves at all, we just talked and had a laugh, bit flirty but advances of any kind, we didn't even hold hands. getting out of the car later as i was dropping her home she said she had a great time and that we should do it again.

Sorry this is way long,

random texts the next few days etc etc. sat night i was out with friends, one of which met one of this girl's friends. This morning goin into college, he told me the same thing as my first friend. i seemed to eager according to the friend.

So what's the story? Do girls really get freaked out when i guy seems too interested? What am i doing wrong? I really don't want to mess things up cause i really like her.

Thanks a sorry for long post.

i suppose different strokes for different folks. Some people think you dont value them if you dont spend every living second with them, others think your too pushy if you make the odd effort.

from what i read she made the same equal effort as you.

if i were you id get your game going with some other girls and let her come to her own conclusions. she might appreciate you a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Laguna wrote:
    I can't understand why we're supposed to play by these stupid 'rules' when we're interested in someone, for example don't ring for 48 hours, play hard to get even if you don't want to, treat them mean to keep them keen?... wtf?!:confused:, have we become so ****ed up by the society we live in we have to go through all this bull**** pretence to start having a relationship with someone?, when animals go to find a mate, do they play the hard to get routine?, not communicate with a potential mate for 48hrs to add an air of mystery and keep them guessing?, try and make their potential mate jealous by hanging around with another animal?

What's the point of that?, who invented dating practices like this?, people who stay bachelors?. Maybe I'm just 'old school', if I like a girl - I tell her, if they start to show signs of 'playing the game', they're immature and I move on.

well said

• Advertisement

Argh. And women say men are impossible to figure out. How is the population of the planet so high when a womans interest level fluctuates all over the place like this?

Tell me about it..birds are seriously confusing,it's all a bit too much :rolleyes:

jonny68 wrote:
    Tell me about it..birds are seriously confusing,it's all a bit too much :rolleyes:

cant live with em! cant live without em

cant live with em! cant live without em
    Tis true mate;)

lazydaisy wrote:
    Wow. That's really pathetic. Hate yourself much?

In ways. At times. Why are you being so callous about it? Or do you find it funny? :confused:

Because you were judgemental of these girls by calling them losers, which is unfair so I was sharp with you.

You are at risk of choosing someone who will validate all the low opinions you have of yourself by either walking all over you, or abusing you. You need to ask yourself what you get out of hating yourself. Its servicing you in someway, and you should really think about how because this can go nowhere good.

I dont know how that grin got to the top of my last post. Please do not think I put it there intentionally. I dont know how to get rid of it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I reckon it got there because you're a shiny happy person.... secretly

lazydaisy wrote:
    Because you were judgemental of these girls by calling them losers, which is unfair so I was sharp with you.

You are at risk of choosing someone who will validate all the low opinions you have of yourself by either walking all over you, or abusing you. You need to ask yourself what you get out of hating yourself. Its servicing you in someway, and you should really think about how because this can go nowhere good.

Look, to say I "hate myself" is a fair bit strong TBH. I have a realistic evaluation of my own particular calibre as a person. If there were a female version of myself out there, I probably would not want to know her.

Well I did say "is a bit of a loser, in my book". I never stated it as some kind of absolute truth. I stated it as it appears from my own POV. Christ, it's not like I was being big-headed or anything.

I'm "at risk of choosing some who will validate all the low opinions" ?? I'm not at risk of "choosing" anyone. Believe me. To other people in my life, I broadcast anything but a lack of esteem in myself. I seem to have given you the impression that I somehow revel in my own sense of worthlessness. This is far from true, so I apologise if I've misled you and I shall have to politely decline your advice. It does not "service" me in any way shape or form to simply know my own failings, and recognise that anyone else who would overlook them is either not very perceptive, or a bit desperate. I don't normally dwell on it, I just mentioned it in passing, seeing as you brought up the Groucho Marx quote. I don't know why you took exception to it.
    I should stop here, this is way off-topic.

We're all shiny happy people, secretly, of course :D

Ok. Fair enough. Perhaps someone would like you despite or because of your failings? Isnt it our flaws which are what make us both infuriating and loveable?

Of course its an entirely different thing if what you find repellant is someone failing to see you for who you are, no one likes to feel invisible. Or maybe you simply dont like what you attract or perhaps what that speaks to you? And we do attract what we project. No?

I find it a strange alienating device to not like someone just because they find you attractive. There are so many more valid and interesting reasons to run away from people.

And thats what advice is for - to be taken or left.

:D Yes I suppose I am shiny and happy and not so secretely. I should just go with it. :):)

so she rarely replies to my texts, and when she does it's ages afterwards. but yet she seems friendly in the texts, always in a happy mood so to speak. I don't understand it. I'm gonna get a bit tired of this whole game soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

stop texting.
    stop analysing.

start talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what ring her? yeah might do that, cause i don't see her round college much. I tried b4 but she was at work

in a twist wrote:
    what ring her? yeah might do that, cause i don't see her round college much. I tried b4 but she was at work

she was in work?

oh well then, if she was in work she obviously doesnt like you....

ring her again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

in a twist wrote:

maybe this is also the reason she doesn't reply to your texts for a while? in lectures/work she could be busy etc.
    to me she sounds interested. but then i never play games, so i wouldn't really know what the majority of women think. their motives and reasons are lost on me too.

we'll she only work part-time and isn't in lectures very often so doubt it's that. Maybe she not the texting kinda girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

Your too keen? That sounds like a load of bull to me. What you may want to find out is, does she think your too keen, or do some of her friends think your too keen?

If she does think your too keen, then I'd say she isn't ready to commit to a steady relationship with you so either; move on, or just enjoy it while it lasts, and don't be surprised if and when it ends. She might just want to have fun and not be tied down.

On the other hand, next time your out having fun with her, tell her what "he said, she said" ... and if it's true you want to give her the space she needs. U never know, she might laugh and ask who told you that sh*te. If she does, don't tell her cause you don't want to be pointing fingers and causing hassel.

i dunno i've heard from two different sources that she's saying that. I don't understand, she has no prblem scoring me when we're out, but doesn't seem to be interested any other times. I want to get away from the scoring when we're out, but she doesn't seem to feel that way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

Your best bet is to go with the flow and stop analysing everything so much. I can say this from experience cos I analyse everything even though I dont want to and just work myself up into a knot and it turns out he didnt have credit or something.

Ok I dunno what this girl is like but from experience I fu@king hate all these stupid games, there is nothing more head wreaking or childish. I was with a lad few weeks ago, we'd known eachother through a friend, were texting, met up and did some kissing and stuff and then...... BLANK. For bout 3 or 4 days he didn't write back to texts and then turned around as if nothing happened. I dunno bout other girls but I find that kinda thing really insulting and childish.

Just be straight up with her and you can do that without rushing things. And on a side note maybe if you didn't refer to "scoring" her..... Sorry don't like that word!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭rrrrr

in a twist wrote:
    I'll try keep this brief.

So i met a really nice girl at a dinner party (we're both 19, the dinner was just an excuse to have a laugh and a few glasses of wine) and we got on great. We talked for ages and got on great. We slept in the same bed that night but i didn't make any move cause i was quite drunk and didn't want to do anything stupid and screw things up. Anyway the next day i heard from her friend that she really liked me.

Mistake number one. She let you in the same bed and you didn't make a move. You should have did something like an alpha male would have. she felt rejected and although you showed a good quality in that you would stay around after the sex and sex wasn't the real reason why you were there, she will backward rationalise why you didn't have sex. girls backward rationalise all the time. If you DID have sex she would have backward rationalised the reasons why you did, "We have such a connection" " he's different to all the other guys" etc. But she probably backward rationalised why you DIDNT, "Maybe we don't have that much of a connection" etc.
    This was good cause i obviously liked her too. I texted her over the nest few days, just casual stuff.
    in a twist wrote:
    She came out with a few friends from the dinner party to a collge night in town and we ended up scoring. I found out she lived on the same road as me, kinda wierd but not a problem i don't think. We chared a taxi and scored again outside her house for a while.

Kissing means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Girls do it all the time. The alpha male is the guy who DOESN'T kiss the girl in the club and when he eventually does, he's always first to break it off, showing that he will leave and is not needy. You should have banged her at this point. It was salvagable here but you were happy "scoring" her. mistake number 2.
    in a twist wrote:
    That was wed night.. Thursday didn't really text her but saw her friday morning and suggested we go see a movie that night. She seemed genuinely interested so i thought all was good.

mistake number 3. Avoid the dating frame. Don't go on steriotypical dates because she knows what to expect. She doesn't think you are a real alpha male at this point because you have not had sex when you had the chance. She is thinking... "He just wants to date". Not interested. This is where many guys fail.

in a twist wrote:
    Anyways later that day my good friend, who is going out with one of this girl's best friends texted me. Basically he said that he heard that i seemed too keen (through the obvious line of people) and that this girl wasn't really sure about it all. I was fairly supprised considering she seemed up for goin to the cinema.

So at the cinmea i didn't really make any moves at all, we just talked and had a laugh, bit flirty but advances of any kind, we didn't even hold hands. getting out of the car later as i was dropping her home she said she had a great time and that we should do it again.

she didn't mean it. You are now 100% in the friends zone. Not alpha enough to TAKE WHAT YOU WANT AND GIVE HER WHAT SHE WANTS. Then you come on a message board.

Sorry this is way long,
    in a twist wrote:
    random texts the next few days etc etc. sat night i was out with friends, one of which met one of this girl's friends. This morning goin into college, he told me the same thing as my first friend. i seemed to eager according to the friend.

So what's the story? Do girls really get freaked out when i guy seems too interested? What am i doing wrong? I really don't want to mess things up cause i really like her.

Thanks a sorry for long post.

The problem here is a lack of progress to the next level. What type of guy SLEEPS with a girl and doesn't make a move of some sort. Even if she isn't in the mood, she will still feel good that you were ALPHA enough to go for it. Then she gives you another chance and you again display beta male characteristics by NOT SEALING THE DEAL. THEN you supplicate and ASK HER FOR A DATE and DONT TOUCH HER AT ALL on the date.

Meanwhile a skilled player like me will come along and bang her on the first night.

Main thing here is beta male tendancies. This will happen to you again before you cop out of it.

i'd prefer if u actualy gave some advice rather than rant on about my inept dating skills thanks.

rrrrr wrote:
    Mistake number one. She let you in the same bed and you didn't make a move. You should have did something like an alpha male would have.
    im sorry but thats a lame load of bullsh*t. Your post is just too pathetic for words
    He should be nobody but himself and not some hyped up randy alpha male. I notice you use the word alpha quite alot in your post as if it is "THE WAY TO GO". If he had tried to initiate sex on their first night well yeah i suppose he could of got 'laid' BUT then he could also have got a slap. It was his first meeting with this girl and you have to play it cool and that means not even going for a kiss.

Kissing means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Girls do it all the time. The alpha male is the guy who DOESN'T kiss the girl in the club and when he eventually does, he's always first to break it off, showing that he will leave and is not needy. You should have banged her at this point. It was salvagable here but you were happy "scoring" her. mistake number 2.

Er hold on sunshine the actual issue here is that the girl supposedly thinks he (the OP) is too eager and your suggesting instead of taking it nice and slow he should be trying to sleep with her even though the poor lad is probably not even ready for that himself. As for kissing meaning nothing, perhaps im old fashioned but kissing is a significant sign of affection where i come from.

mistake number 3. Avoid the dating frame. Don't go on steriotypical dates because she knows what to expect. She doesn't think you are a real alpha male at this point because you have not had sex when you had the chance. She is thinking... "He just wants to date". Not interested. This is where many guys fail.

The idea of a date is to try get to know a someone you like and to evaluate if a relationship may bud. its not a signal that your needy and desperate.

And just because they slept in the same bed doesnt mean she wanted sex. if a girl was that mad for it she would have initiated it there and then. it was a test of the OP's resolve and he passed with flying colours.
    she didn't mean it. You are now 100% in the friends zone. Not alpha enough to TAKE WHAT YOU WANT AND GIVE HER WHAT SHE WANTS. Then you come on a message board.

theres that oul 'ALPHA' chestnut again!!! Give me a break.

The problem here is a lack of progress to the next level.

What type of guy SLEEPS with a girl and doesn't make a move of some sort. Even if she isn't in the mood, she will still feel good that you were ALPHA enough to go for it. Then she gives you another chance and you again display beta male characteristics by NOT SEALING THE DEAL. THEN you supplicate and ASK HER FOR A DATE and DONT TOUCH HER AT ALL on the date.

Meanwhile a skilled player like me will come along and bang her on the first night.

Main thing here is beta male tendancies. This will happen to you again before you cop out of it.

this post stinks of your own vanity. an alpha male normally describes someone who has no respect for women and who sees them as sexual objects rather then people.

the guy is not lacking in dating skills he is just hitting a rough spot. the only thing i could really advise him is to find out where he stands and lay his cards on the table and if the girl is not interested in taking it further then i suggest you move on

• Advertisement

im sorry but thats a lame load of bullsh*t. Your post is just too pathetic for words
    He should be nobody but himself and not some hyped up randy alpha male. I notice you use the word alpha quite alot in your post as if it is "THE WAY TO GO". If he had tried to initiate sex on their first night well yeah i suppose he could of got 'laid' BUT then he could also have got a slap. It was his first meeting with this girl and you have to play it cool and that means not even going for a kiss.

hahaha, hilarious. How many women have you banged in the last 2 weeks? because I've had 5. How many have you banged in total? because I've banged 37. Now you're going to tell me i'm a bullsh*ter because THE MERE THOUGHT of that is COMPLETELY OUTSIDE OF YOUR REALITY. I don't expect you to believe me or to believe that it's even possible.

he should, "Be himself"... haha, I love this. Notice that this is advice women give to men. "Just be yourself". Along with, "I like someone who's nice, sensitive and romantic and likes me for me". Well why are you with someone completely opposite then love?

The guy should have been touching her the right way progressively over he course of the night and when they got to the BED he should have started it again in a playful way. There is no excuse for not laying her then. If he had of done it rather than "being a gentleman" he wouldn't be in this position I assure you.

Er hold on sunshine the actual issue here is that the girl supposedly thinks he (the OP) is too eager and your suggesting instead of taking it nice and slow he should be trying to sleep with her even though the poor lad is probably not even ready for that himself. As for kissing meaning nothing, perhaps im old fashioned but kissing is a significant sign of affection where i come from..

LOL

What a retard. KISSING MEANS NOTHING TO WOMEN. GO TO A CLUB AND WATCH THEM ON THE DANCEFLOOR. his problem is he is acting as if he is GOING OUT with the girl, asking her on steriotypical dates when they are NOT boyfriend and girlfriend. All they have done is kiss. She's probably kissed 100 guys before him. That's why he is appearign too eager. He hasn't been with her intimately and he is trying to DATE HER - something that SHOULD ONLY COME AFTER INTIMACY. From meeting a girl to having sex should last 7 HOURS MAXIMUM. After this time you risk falling into the friend zone and you can't get out of that. The "por lad" can't give her what she wants and she realises that.
    The idea of a date is to try get to know a someone you like and to evaluate if a relationship may bud. its not a signal that your needy and desperate. ..

If you ASK A GIRL FOR A DATE like he did, that is a form of supplication. He is no longer a challenge now and the girl (If she is socialised) will shun him. STAY AWAY FROM THE DATING FRAME. The right thing to do is to is to do something informal that she can help with. Example, "I am going Christmas shopping later for my sister but don't know what to get her, got any ideas?" (She suggests something) Oh really? see, I think she wants something nice to go clubbing in. She's about your size and she has the same style you have. the problem is, I don't know where to start, being a guy, I'm hopeless at this shopping thing! (She suggests shops) Hey, you know what would be really cool, if you came along and helped me buy it! (she agrees). From there you can have a spontanrous game of pool/something to eat etc. BUT YOU CANNOT ASK FOR A DATE BECAUSE THAT WILL USUALLY RESULT IN A BLOW OUT. Not all the time, but most times. AVOID the "dating" frame.
    And just because they slept in the same bed doesnt mean she wanted sex. if a girl was that mad for it she would have initiated it there and then. it was a test of the OP's resolve and he passed with flying colours...

Hello? What girl sleeps in the same bed as a guy and doesn't want it? LOL. I GUARANTEE you she was DISAPPOINTED that he didn't do it. And what a retard question to ask why she sisn't initiate it. Tells me you haven't had that many women in that scenario. She WILL NEVER initiate it for the first time (generally). In fact, she will have token resistance. this is normal and easy to break through though.

this post stinks of your own vanity. an alpha male normally describes someone who has no respect for women and who sees them as sexual objects rather then people.

the guy is not lacking in dating skills he is just hitting a rough spot. the only thing i could really advise him is to find out where he stands and lay his cards on the table and if the girl is not interested in taking it further then i suggest you move on

The guy is lacking in dating skills and so are you. Terrible advice. "Lay his cards on the table". You're telling him to GIVE UP YOUR POWER AND GIVE HER THE POWER. Retarded and will get you nowhere.

i'm not answering any reply of yours. You clearly haven't had much experiance with women.

so no advice then? just a lot of abuse?

in_a_twist wrote:
    so no advice then? just a lot of abuse?

1. not all girls are looking for a relationship

2. she has no problem kissing you or any other lad (She probably has kissed other lads over the past few days) because it means nothing so always remember that kissing means nothing.

3. realise that you repelled her with your lack of alpha and going for "dates".

4. get other options and stop coming to a message board asking for advice about a particular chick. doing that makes it worse.

5. read my posts again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

rrrrr wrote:
    hahaha, hilarious. How many women have you banged in the last 2 weeks? because I've had 5. How many have you banged in total? because I've banged 37.

I dont see how telling us that you've banged 5 women in the last week is helping in a twist in his situation?
    rrrrr wrote:
    KISSING MEANS NOTHING TO WOMEN. GO TO A CLUB AND WATCH THEM ON THE DANCEFLOOR.

I have to agree with you here a little bit. Yes kissing sometimes means absolutely nothing to me...but it depends if I like the guy..got talking to him or have known him for a long time. On a dancefloor though it means nothing. But I think in this case in a twists and the girls kiss does mean something.
    rrrrr wrote:
    He hasn't been with her intimately and he is trying to DATE HER - something that SHOULD ONLY COME AFTER INTIMACY. From meeting a girl to having sex should last 7 HOURS MAXIMUM.

As a woman, if i met a guy with THAT mentality they would definately not be getting anything from me. And all my friends agree. Have you ever liked a girl you havnt shagged the second you lay eyes on her? You must only pick girls on looks and never get to know them. I prefer my sexual experiences to be more that just a romp with practically a stranger.
    rrrrr wrote:
    If you ASK A GIRL FOR A DATE like he did, that is a form of supplication. He is no longer a challenge now and the girl (If she is socialised) will shun him...

How can you logically come to that conclusion? Asking a girl on a date is romantic and I love when a guy actually has the balls to ask me on a date instead of this whole game of planned spontaniety.

Sometimes girls arent looking for relationships and thats maybe the case here and she has probably kissed other guys since ye first kissed. Its pretty usual for girls our age.But as a girl I dont think in a twist has repelled her by not being alpha enough. Thats complete bull. I dont want a guy whos "alpha" or whatever that is. I want a guy whos willing to take a risk yes and make a move but still respects me. In a twist--I feel rrrrr hasnt really portrayed what women want and what I certainly dont want is to sleep with a guy within 7 hours of meeting him!!!

claireoby wrote:
    I dont see how telling us that you've banged 5 women in the last week is helping in a twist in his situation?

I have to agree with you here a little bit. Yes kissing sometimes means absolutely nothing to me...but it depends if I like the guy..got talking to him or have known him for a long time. On a dancefloor though it means nothing. But I think in this case in a twists and the girls kiss does mean something.

As a woman, if i met a guy with THAT mentality they would definately not be getting anything from me. And all my friends agree. Have you ever liked a girl you havnt shagged the second you lay eyes on her? You must only pick girls on looks and never get to know them. I prefer my sexual experiences to be more that just a romp with practically a stranger.

How can you logically come to that conclusion? Asking a girl on a date is romantic and I love when a guy actually has the balls to ask me on a date instead of this whole game of planned spontaniety.

Sometimes girls arent looking for relationships and thats maybe the case here and she has probably kissed other guys since ye first kissed. Its pretty usual for girls our age.But as a girl I dont think in a twist has repelled her by not being alpha enough. Thats complete bull. I dont want a guy whos "alpha" or whatever that is. I want a guy whos willing to take a risk yes and make a move but still respects me. In a twist--I feel rrrrr hasnt really portrayed what women want and what I certainly dont want is to sleep with a guy within 7 hours of meeting him!!!

not going to argue with you since you're a girl and you don't even really know what you want. (Not your fault, socieity has conditioned you like that)Needless to say, I completely agree with most of your post. The problem is, you don't understand me and you wouldn't unless we met. You have me completely wrong. I will say one thing though. 7 hours is correct. Think back to your past relationships. That 7 hours is time spent alone with the guy, just you and him. it can even last for a week or two. Talking on the phone counts too. I always debrief my women afterwards, that's how I've learnt so much.

I'm out now.

rrrrr wrote:
    not going to argue with you since you're a girl and you don't even really know what you want. (Not your fault, socieity has conditioned you like that)Needless to say, I completely agree with most of your post. The problem is, you don't understand me and you wouldn't unless we met. You have me completely wrong. I will say one thing though. 7 hours is correct. Think back to your past relationships. That 7 hours is time spent alone with the guy, just you and him. it can even last for a week or two. Talking on the phone counts too. I always debrief my women afterwards, that's how I've learnt so much.

I'm out now.

no offence, but 37?

come back to me when you have some experience. but they say ignorance is bliss, so you probably wouldnt know the difference. and thats ok.

by the way, using capitals doesnt enforce an argument. in fact, it doesnt even mean youre right.

it just means youre annoyed becuase people dont accept your point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

RRR how about you tell us how many longterm relationships you've had?

Perhaps not everyone is into the whole scoring/banging scene but would rather like to find something which lasts longer than one night.

I also find it funny how you mention about social conditioning when it seems to le the one person who has been socially conditioned is you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

no offence, but 37?

come back to me when you have some experience. but they say ignorance is bliss, so you probably wouldnt know the difference. and thats ok.

by the way, using capitals doesnt enforce an argument. in fact, it doesnt even mean youre right.

37 is a lot of experiance

no offence, but 37?

I'm only 21 by the way. What was your score at that age?

• Advertisement

rrrrr wrote:
    LOL

What a retard.

LOL! Sticks and stones mate, sticks and stones!

You’re only damaging your own credibility on Boards at the end of the day by resorting to name calling to present an argument.

I still don’t think your advice is of any use to the OP. You’re seem to be a man who has no time for relationships just one night stands which if it is the case I have no problem with that as its your life and you live is as you see fit but I don’t see how this young fellow should recreate himself as a mould of you just to get a girl.

I mean so what 5 women in a fortnight, yeah, great more power to you.
    Out of these 37 women you supposedly bedded, from how many was interested in having a relationship with you??? It might be all fun and game being a player now but a time will come when that chapter of your life will close.

There’s a cliché, he who dares wins and it says a mouthful. I mean if everyone was to play this ‘game’ you have in mind the continuation of the worlds population would be in serious trouble. If you were waiting for things to happen with a girl your interested in you’d be waiting a long time. You have to put yourself on the shop window else no one would ‘buy’ you. Like a sale person or in a job interview you have to sell yourself

rrrrr wrote:
    She let you in the same bed and you didn't make a move. You should have did something like an alpha male would have.
    rrrrr wrote:
    The alpha male is the guy who DOESN'T kiss the girl in the club and when he eventually does, he's always first to break it off, showing that he will leave and is not needy.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. On the one hand you preach a hard-to-get approach, telling the OP to remain aloof and dis-interested, and on the other hand you tell him to go for her without hesitation. You don't think she'll see him as needy if he jumps at the first possible chance to get his leg over?

You seem to only want to play it cool just long enough to get her body, which is fair enough (though I'd wager this will eventually leave you feeling pretty empty), but maybe others try to play it cool even longer than that, i.e. not bang her, and reap even greater, deeper, and longer-lasting rewards?

So you think the OP should remain hard-to-get until the first opportunity for sex pops up? You might be right about this, it's a quite sound approach, if sex is your one and only goal. For you, it seems, once you've banged her, then mission accomplished, end of story. You love 'em and leave 'em. For most other people, however, this is only the beginning of the story, and the real enjoyment, romantic and sexual fulfillment is still ahead of them.

If it's been all about sex for you up 'till now, then let me tell you, you've been missing out. I hope one day you discover what women truly have to offer.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. On the one hand you preach a hard-to-get approach, telling the OP to remain aloof and dis-interested, and on the other hand you tell him to go for her without hesitation. You don't think she'll see him as needy if he jumps at the first possible chance to get his leg over?

You seem to only want to play it cool just long enough to get her body, which is fair enough (though I'd wager this will eventually leave you feeling pretty empty), but maybe others try to play it cool even longer than that, i.e. not bang her, and reap even greater, deeper, and longer-lasting rewards?

So you think the OP should remain hard-to-get until the first opportunity for sex pops up? You might be right about this, it's a quite sound approach, if sex is your one and only goal. For you, it seems, once you've banged her, then mission accomplished, end of story. You love 'em and leave 'em. For most other people, however, this is only the beginning of the story, and the real enjoyment, romantic and sexual fulfillment is still ahead of them.

If it's been all about sex for you up 'till now, then let me tell you, you've been missing out. I hope one day you discover what women truly have to offer.

well put tommy though Personally i think this guy is probably just a 12 year old troll.

But If 37 women went to bed with this muppet then they must be 37 desperate women cos never have i encountered such an immature moron in all my life.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

LOL. I can't believe people are actually replying to rrrr's posts. He's clearly a troll.

Personally, the way I get a girl to like me is I just be myself. I treat them how I would like to be treated myself and I always let them know how I feel. If they don't like to hear how I feel, then I lose interest in them straight away. There isn't much point in hanging around with someone who doesn't care about how you feel.

That is how it works with me anyway, it may be different for other people so I'm not saying it will work for everyone. Hope that helps the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 musing

Well, I think that women like men to have balls, not to have your mans ball in you handbag... if ya get me.
    But nobody wants a sex obessed asshole.
    Someone who knows their own mind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

rrrrr wrote:
    I'm only 21 by the way. What was your score at that age?

rrrrr respect

Fair play bud... 37 is a good score alright.
    And the 7 hour rule is golden...

You speak it likes it is and people call you a Troll, unjust in my eyes.

• Advertisement

chump wrote:
    rrrrr respect

And you certainly picked the right username Chump!! :rolleyes:
    Pornapster wrote:
    Personally, the way I get a girl to like me is I just be myself. I treat them how I would like to be treated myself and I always let them know how I feel. If they don't like to hear how I feel, then I lose interest in them straight away. There isn't much point in hanging around with someone who doesn't care about how you feel.

Absolutely spot on there Porn!! My exact sentiments

chump wrote:
    rrrrr respect

respect chump. You know what you are talking about mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

37? Who the fúck keeps track of how many people they've slept with? I'm not saying I've slept with so many people that I've lost track - because that's not true. I'm saying, why would you care how many people you've slept with? That's very childish.

rrrrr i'd prefer if you didn't post here again. Your posts are of absolutley no help to me at all and all they've done is start a big argument, totally off-topic. I couldn't be more you're opposite, if you're really like that at all. I am not looking to set the world record for number of girls i've slept with in a week, i am trying to get to know, and hopefully eventually date a girl i really like. something wich you've obviously never experienced. Hence your uselessness in my search for advice.

Moving on, i'm trying to decide whether i leave things as they are, or talk to her the next time i'm out and tell her how i feel. If i do the latter, i'm risking losing her completely as she might get uncomfortable and vamoose. Then again she might feel the same way and just never had the confidence to tell me. I really don't know. Are there any girls out there who've ever bene in that situation? where the guy they've been hookin' up with eventually makes a move to say he wants to take it a bit further. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks for all your other replies, they've been quite helpful (for the most part :) )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

rrrrr wrote:
    What a retard

rrrr
    it is obvious that you haven't read this forums charter.
    there is no personal abuse allowed in this forum.
    consider this a warning
    B

• Advertisement
Advertisement