Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve

Options
  • 28-11-2005 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,
    Just wondering where to head to on New years Eve. A group of us from Dublin are heading over to Galway but we haven't a clue where to be going? Any suggestions, thanks,:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Myself and a load of my friends are heading for the Black Box in Galway.
    The Saw Doctors are doing a big New Years party there.
    They've done it for the last two years and it always absolutely brilliant craic.

Even people who don't like the band admit it's a brilliant way to ring in the new year.

jesus that would be quality!i might go to that!

Well I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sputnik2_2000

Deadly, thanks a mill, Where do you get tickets for that are is it just a first come first served thing?

You have to get tickets. They're just gone on sale and will sell out fairly quickly.
    You can get them from the town hall theatre.
    Here:
    http://www.ticketlord.com/events/BLACKBOX/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I worked the gig two years ago. Fantastic. Otherwise, try to find a pub that'll close its doors early, about nine or so. Otherwise, anywhere you go will be wedged. I'm working New Year's Eve, and hopefully going to a house party.
    Yeronly man. No €20 for cabs, €20 for clubs, no sweaty shouty fighty angry dancy ugly ****ers.
    Just friends, food, fire, and booze. Hopefully scoring too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

ha ha ha ha "ticketlord" Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yis are all a shower of backstards i'm workin new years eve till 11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

WOW! TIL 11?!

I'm working til 4.30am.. ish, prolly later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Anyone up for a house-party on Jan1st? Start the year as we mean to continue.

Personally I'm probably going to either sleep through new-years or beat the brother in Mashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah DRakE to bad it ain't CS or you could just quit when things don't go your way.

houseparty sounds good though...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Working myself for a nightclub so won't be able to properly enjoy the night although it won't be too hard as i am the pr for the club. special gig on every new years so under a bit of pressure

whats the special gig in your club?? wheres a good club to go to on NY eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

danniemcq wrote:
    yis are all a shower of backstards i'm workin new years eve till 11
    same here, then back into work at 3 on new years day
    chances are i won't even have slept yet:o
    will prolly stick with the house party tradition myself

Can anyone give me the name of a few good night clubs to go to either on NY Eve?? Plan is to leave Dublin EARLY and spend the day in Galway, find a pub for the afternoon and then head out later on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'd suggest getting a ticket for the New Year's gig in the Roisin Dubh. Some decent bands and it won't be as packed as some nightclubs.

Advertisement