Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam tips? (:

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Holy sh*t, that's VERY early :eek: I'm getting the bus at 4, should be at the center at about 5. I didn't get any study in the place last night :( What car you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

S**t i'm not doing the terror. I'm stickin to the social consequences of the french revolution. Am I screwed? I hate when everybody studies something different to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

peker head you are right, boards is addictive. i have 2 weeks left till my exams and have not studied a word yet. i really do need to cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

S**t i'm not doing the terror. I'm stickin to the social consequences of the french revolution. Am I screwed? I hate when everybody studies something different to you.

I didn't do the terror last year and I did fine. I'm sure you'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

eh did that come up. I seen the terror and causes in the same sentence and had a mini party in my pants and got stuck in .

Two things
    1) Everyone EVERYONE was talking about the Russian Revolution before the exam. Freaked me out cause all i studied was the terror.

2)I move to have all the attractive invigulators banned from the exams. With a 1 hour exam it really eats into my time when i have to look at hot bottoms walking by.

Yes I am a pervert

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote:
    What car you got?

Red Fiat Bravo. That place is mad . Cant move in the exam center for about 45 mins before the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Grimes wrote:
    hot bottoms

why does this sound like the Fr. Ted beauty comp thingy with the 'lovely girrrls'.........

Scraggs wrote:
    why does this sound like the Fr. Ted beauty comp thingy with the 'lovely girrrls'.........

But then again "they all have lovely bottoms :D

Grimes wrote:
    2)I move to have all the attractive invigulators banned from the exams. With a 1 hour exam it really eats into my time when i have to look at hot bottoms walking by.

I would support that motion, they should be moved to my bedroom ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Ugh having to do 3 goes of college exams in one year is not going to be fun!

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    eh did that come up. I seen the terror and causes in the same sentence and had a mini party in my pants and got stuck in .

Two things
    1) Everyone EVERYONE was talking about the Russian Revolution before the exam. Freaked me out cause all i studied was the terror.

Yes I am a pervert
    Obviously you weren't seated up in the seats up top. I had the oldest woman in the world as an invigulrator, and she had some oldness problem where she kept repeating what we were meant to do.

some oldness problem

haha lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Grimes wrote:
    2)I move to have all the attractive invigulators banned from the exams.

As an invigilator I move to have all good looking girls wearing low cut tops banned from the exam hall. Totally distracts me from the cog-notes they have all over their desks.... :p

:eek:

Don't be saying things like that, you'll get me kicked out of the exam for looking around at the lovely girls' bewwwbiesss!!! :o

I'll arrange for u to be surrounded by some fine strapping rugby/hurling/football blokes to prevent distractions

And the old lady with the lisp who keeps repeating herself. She was handy cos she was alive during the french revolution.

irlrobins wrote:
    I'll arrange for u to be surrounded by some fine strapping rugby/hurling/football blokes to prevent distractions

ooooh is this possible for me too?? i really wouldnt mind that as a distration

if at all possible i'd prefer the rogby players to be ommitted or else be really really ridiculously goodlooking! more of a GAA kinda girl ya c...

its all me me me! :p

I,I,I, me, me, me i'll have you know....

where u sitting your exams?

• Advertisement

ag/sci building for one, and the rest in rds in serpentine or industries plce

then u might see me in sci for that one...

right well i'll make a note of shouting out in the middle of exams to all the invigilators ''ARe you Irl?? Irl Robins??''
    i'm sure i wont be a distration at al at all :v:

outta interest do many people cheat?? or have there been any exciting events worth teling??

well I'll be the guy doing the shouting at the start. easy to see me! So u just be quiet now and don't be disrupting my exam hall.

How many people cheat? God knows. We only know about the ones that we catch. I've caught a few over the years. Note on hands, notes on desk, etc.

The usual events like fits, someone's jeans on fire.

TBH, its 99% boredom.... Its not rare to see an invigilator fall asleep...

do tell stories bout peoples bein caught... i do love a good tale....

ah that would be in breach of my contract me thinks.....

But have to say, some people are just so fcuking retarded, they can't even cheat properly.

Anyone up for Intro to Programming on Tuesday? :) Any tips?

Also, why hasn't Fintan's bloody site been updated in ages? I'm waiting yonks for my marks for the last 2 practicals!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I committed the cardinal sin and didnt go to the last finance lecture of the year. I know Jimmy told us what is coming up, so could some kind soul put up what he said? If that fails I'll just ask Font22 IRL for her notes

Programming seems like it's gonna be fine. The previous exam paper was easy enough and if this years paper is anything like it i'll be crawling on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

John Clarke from the RDS usually has some good ones about cheaters. The baseball cap one and seat swapping are usually on his list.

If you go back to last year about May and look at the threads here there's one about a guy having a major row with five invigilators who then gave chase from the Simmonscourt. Quite funny actually.

Advertisement