Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB fair usage?

• 28-11-2005 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm on IBB 2mb breeze. I know its uncapped but has IBB warned or taken action for abusing their fair usage policy? I'm curious to know what would be a reasonable daily or monthly download/upload total?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

go knock yourself out i average 70-80Gb a month 115Gb is my record so far not that im ever trying to beat that. (Was the month i got the simpsons ... all episodes up to season 16)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm on the 1meg Breeze and have downloaded 50gb's in the past few days. It's really out of the ordinary for me though, I usually only get that in a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I was talking to a guy at the weekend who told me he got unoficially penalised not for his downloading but cause he uped 400 gig in one month. He found this out from an engineer guy he knows and the company wouldent admidt to it.
    I dont know how true that is now as it did not happen to me so I can not speak for my self. Im told by IBB that I was downloading 60 gig per month but I dount its that much id say closer to 40, Ive recently installed softeare to measure this so i`ll know soon enough if their figures are accurate. The guy who told that I was getting 60 gig that this figure was not excessive, he only told me cause I asked him.

Is there a cap on the 1mb line? I've heard talk of a 30gb one, but I asked when I was ordering back in the summer and was told there wasn't one.

I checked the website and one page said there was and one said there wasn't. What happens if you go over it? (If there is one, that is...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I done 187GB in a week...lol ffs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

go knock yourself out i average 70-80Gb a month 115Gb is my record so far not that im ever trying to beat that. (Was the month i got the simpsons ... all episodes up to season 16)

Good move their...admitting to piracy and all that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

350gig down 420up in 2 weeks. Never heard a peep. All thats holding me back is no hard-drive space.

ricey wrote:
    I done 187GB in a week...lol ffs
    krazy_8s wrote:
    350gig down 420up in 2 weeks. Never heard a peep. All thats holding me back is no hard-drive space.

No wonder the bloody thing is so slow! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

krazy_8s wrote:

2 Weeks!!

What connection do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

haha well if I could download or upload at more than a modem, I would be sorted for downloading... at the moment I am lucky to get 5gigs a week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

2mb bussiness. Used to get the full shebang, but alas not anymore. I do most of my downloading between about 12 and 9 in the morning

Advertisement