Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Setup Wireless Router

• 28-11-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I only ahve 1 computer and i am using a wireless netopia router from eircom. I want to set it up through Wireless connection, but dont know how.

Also any one able to tell me how to setup a Wireless router between 2 computers or a laptop and computer. What do i need set it up?

Any idea's or website's that would help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Good lord it comes with a booklet telling you how to do it, if you stick in the cd you're forced to watch a presentation on how to set it up! *boggle*

Meanwhile, you can also look at http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I'm after geting a Voyager 2091 as my mate got it free. I put the CD in and enabled the WO connection, still not working tho. Anything else i may have forgot to do.
    Maybe i have to asign the DNS?

Yeh i have put the CD in and followed the instructions, but the connection keeps droping.
    I have checked firewall and Wo connection is enabled as well.
    Maybe if i try a-sign the DNS.
    Anything else i may have missed?

I'm going to buy a new Wireless card for my router 2moro,
    anyone recommend any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

At this point, the likelihood is that the problem is config. related..so buying another adapter is wasting money (Unless, you need one anyway for another computer?)

Why/how did your mate get it free? Why did he give it away? (i.e. Is it faulty..?:) )

Start from scratch again:
    Ensure that both the computer(client) and router are in the same room.
    Reset the router.
    Go through the setup again; and read the instructions!

State what happens.

• Advertisement

My mate got it for free when in england (cousin or something). It was never used and still in its package.

I have uninstalled all the software and ran a spy-ware check just to be safe, no probs there.
    I have connected up through ethernet and the connection is fine, no probs. I installed the WO software and installation was fine. I checked the connection
    and it was good, i even did a couple of ping test's, no packet loss, no probs.
    I removed ethernet cable and connection was ok for about 1minute and it went, I can't even ping now.

The WO light is on the router and the router is beside the computer. I'm thinking it may need drivers updating or something:confused:

Im going to give up and prob just connect through ethernet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A british router... but their phone sockets are different to ours, how can that possibly work :confused:

Meanwhile on the wireless issue, try changing the channel the wireless is running on, try 1 / 7 / 11 ... they're most commonly used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

On a home computer your wireless cards DNS, IP, gateway should be assigned by the routers DHCP server. If these are automatically assigned when using the wired connection then its unlikely to be a problem with the router.

What wireless card are you using? Does its drivers provide a control application. (usually it'll sit in the task bar) that allow you to rescan for the router? It'll commonly provide an indicator for signal strength. Does it tell you that there's a bad connection? Or is the card telling you that it has a good connection but you still can't ping.

Is the router sitting on the floor? Raising it will usually improve the range.

Advertisement