Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Worst Looking Car In the world

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

toyota_will_vi_13185.jpg

The Toyota Will vi.

ok i presume its this car, i saw one for sale in limerick for eleven grand and it
    was a 0I. Wine with white roof. ok well for anyone this is what it looks like, albeit as a toy next to my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

G Luxel wrote:

ok i presume its this car, i saw one for sale in limerick for eleven grand and it
    was a 0I. Wine with white roof. ok well for anyone this is what it looks like, albeit as a toy next to my laptop

Holy crap,I never thought I'd see one for sale in Ireland.
    How the hell did you get a scale model of it........and why???

Here's a later model:
    toyota_will_cypha_9235.jpg
    toyota_will_cypha_9236.jpg

And it's big brother the Will VS which I've seen on Irish roads:
    toyota_will_vs_9247.jpg
    toyota_will_vs_9256.jpg
    toyota_will_vs_9258.jpg

Renault Megan arse?^^^^ Which came first??

the VS is no longer available, a rariety , even in Japan, never saw one of them here yet. The other car is still being built, called the cypha.

Cypha is built on a Yaris chassis
    VS is built on a Corolla chassis

Ive also got a toy version of Both of them as well.

I think the VS bears strong resemblence to a Peugeot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

main.jpg
    this is so futuristic /me wants for go touring

main.jpg
    wow - it's got no off road ability either judging by the tires and clearance

main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I'm still waiting to see the pic of the car/van in The Square staff car park (STKelly!) ? :D

Is it a nissan micra based jap import van?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

while they may not be the nicest looking cars in the world - french cars are most certainly the coolest cars EVER.

Allow me explain;

Most innovations in car design and construction are trendsetted by the French. I think I saw a DS on the first page: First large scale production car with plastic dashboard, hyraulic suspension which coincidently lets you drive on 3 wheels if the fourth is shot out, adaptive head lights depending on which way you are turning.

The list of firsts that this car introduced is endless. Bland boring cars such as the new BMW 3 series are the product of bland boring minds, designed for bland boring people. French car engineers have a passion for design whereas the Ford Mondeo / Opel Astra et al is knocked together based on a marketeer's assessment of what people will buy. These cars mightn't win any awards for being ugly nor will they for being a joy to behold and that is their downfall.

Citreon DS: Cool
    Citreon C4: Dancing robot cool
    Renault Megane: Arse shaking cool
    Peugeot 407: Vulgarly cool

And one that will surely be in this thread once it hits the road: The Citroen C6 - http://www.citroen.ie/configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=ct.Overview&modelID=1298&bodyID=4248 but look at the spec list - reads like a Lexus!

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

while they may not be the nicest looking cars in the world - french cars are most certainly the coolest cars EVER.
    In my opinion they are both, Darragh. Obviously no car is beautiful in Puke green, but the DS has the most beautiful shape of any saloon, and indeed only the Jaguar XK120 is more beautiful. But compare a 1955 XK120 to a 1955 DS, and it is as though the DS was made a century later.

DS50ans320.jpgDS50ans308.jpg
    DS50ans169.jpgDS50ans105.jpg

how many of these cars survive in Ireland? When were they first sold here?
    I regard it as a goddess car. I havent seen any original irish regd in a long long time. i remember a safari DS in Cappaquin in West Waterford in the early eighties. I also remember a lot of them parked at an old mill in Glanmire in Cork. There must have been about 20 or 30 of them. i dont know where they are now........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

There is a Safari estate in a garden not far from me and it was left to rot into the ground, you can only see the top half of it now, its an awful pity because it was in good condition when it was left there. The yard in Glanmire was belonging to Bowles, I think is his surname, he fixes Citroen's for a living, he's based in Cork now. I remember spending hours in there looking around, there were hundreds of car's in there going back to the 40's and load's of DS's. There was a fire there a few years ago and the place was sold off.

In my opinion they are both, Darragh. Obviously no car is beautiful in Puke green, but the DS has the most beautiful shape of any saloon, and indeed only the Jaguar XK120 is more beautiful. But compare a 1955 XK120 to a 1955 DS, and it is as though the DS was made a century later.

I think the french randomly stumble across a beautiful design whereas the british actually set out with a beautiful design in mind from the get go. That current Jaguar coupe that they're replacing soon - that's what a car should look like.

back to more pressing matters - i noticed someone had a multipla - i have to agree that it is hideous but you can understand why the design came out as it did...clearly they weren't taking any chances with the next one...shame kia didn't have the same model

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It looks as if KIA and Fiat have different idea's as regards good looking models, that goes for the 4 wheeled ones as well as the 2 legged ones.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

but the DS has the most beautiful shape of any saloon
    Compare to, this built in the UK 16 years later using real wood.

250px-1971.morris.1000.traveller.arp.jpg
    1971 Morris 1000 Traveller

The americans were still using this stuff
    http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Chev/1955/car/index.htm Chevy

The first British "bubble" car (UK) = BMW Isetta = 1957
    isetta.jpg
    http://www.isetta-owners-club-gb.com/

DS was so much better looking than anything else at that time except a few sports cars.

I think the french randomly stumble across a beautiful design whereas the british actually set out with a beautiful design in mind from the get go. That current Jaguar coupe that they're replacing soon - that's what a car should look like.
    I couldn't disagree more. The current XJS is an awkward, derivative design utterly unworthy of the name Jaguar. Ditto it's replacement - another Aston wannabe.

The French have designed some very beautiful cars, Panhard 24BT, Citroën Traction Avant, DS, CX, SM, GS, Renault Alpine, Avantime, Talbot Lago, and a variety of pretty Pugs from the 30s. The British have Jaguar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

This thing is horrible:

vel%20satis_1024.jpg

fjon wrote:
    This thing is horrible:

You're just swinging the lead there fjon! Lord mayor of Dublin has one - I'd say it's the most comfortable car...

If you "Like" that just google the Avantime...you'll "Love" it!

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

you gotta compliment honda , no mention on this thread!
    most american cars are w***, a few exceptions in my opinion

mitsui eclipse
    corvette.....any year
    good old mustangs, most years
    dodge viper.....grrrrrr
    ford 'sally' mustang.

what about tony sopranos escalade, or what ever its called, thats one ugly muthat, it was in maplin, a rc version, and that was even humungous.....
    :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You're just swinging the lead there fjon! Lord mayor of Dublin has one - I'd say it's the most comfortable car...

If you "Like" that just google the Avantime...you'll "Love" it!

Darragh
    The Avantime was loved so much that poor sales made Renault decide to discontinue it after only two years of production!
    I believe there were huge financial losses involved and less than 10,000 were produced!

kbannon wrote:
    The Avantime was loved so much that poor sales made Renault decide to discontinue it after only two years of production!
    This does not stop it being one of the more beautiful and adventurous designs of this decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I think modern Renault design has been quite stunning. They have pushed the boundaries as far as styling and overall packaging is concerned. The prototypes and even the final products (e.g. Avantime) may be a bit too far out for most people but they are a glimpse of the future and I'd say that plenty of styling cues will end up on many more mainstream and popular cars.

Take the Vel Satis for instance - that is one svelte machine
    vel_satis.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This does not stop it being one of the more beautiful and adventurous designs of this decade.
    I didn't say it was nice or not. I merely pointed out that the general public didn't like it and didn't buy it, causing its early demise!

• Advertisement

el tel wrote:
    vel_satis.jpg
    Wow - hate to be driving that down a road with loose chipping :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

or pull up alongside a bus O_o

parasite wrote:
    or pull up alongside a bus O_o
    Maybe an advertising campaign directed at the ladies is merited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I think the engineer's who designed that Volvo should have got a good telling off and if they answered back....

volvo400x290.jpgksm0511l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

toyota-prius-profil-400.JPG

3ha.jpg

new-impreza-wrx-20050708042939537.jpg

lada.jpg

chairman1.jpg

130.jpg

feck sake, could be here all day posting up fugly cars :)

I think the engineer's who designed that Volvo should have got a good telling off and if they answered back....

You can see what the engineers were trying to get at with the big bumpers - clearly they are intended as shock absorbers - but then it isn't a very elegant solution and i reckon it contributes close to nothing for shock absorbtion.

And those lights would fill up with grime, and what happened to the wipers and where's the antenna or is a radio deemed unsafe?!

No headrests either now that I thinkof it

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

The new s class is looks cack. So does any audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a lot of cars from the 70's and 80's look cack today, they're just dated. I'm sure we'll look at a lot of the tripe Renault and Peugeot is pumping out and cringe

Advertisement