Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericsson W550i what you think

• 28-11-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Looking at this at the moment what do you think...

Only down side I can see is that the memory cannot be expanded although it has 256MB onboard memory.

Also anyone know if it is debranded would it unlock a lot of extra features ?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

woody wrote:
    the memory cannot be expanded

Big downside for a "walkman" phone IMO

Grab a K750i - get a gig memory card

I did:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

i have one of these. good little phone if ya dont mind the memory. the o2 branding aint bad either.

its nice and small has a nice screen, the covers can be changed if ya dont like the orange. the radio and walkman features work well
    The battery life is good.

I recommend it if you dont want to fork out for a W800i and the non expandable memory doesnt bother ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mik_da_man wrote:
    Big downside for a "walkman" phone IMO

Grab a K750i - get a gig memory card

I did:D

Thats teh idea, its a budget version. The W900 will be the fully featured one, its due in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The W800i is only 300€ on speakeasy with a 512MB card now.
    Makes the W550i a waste of time and money i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Im kinda curious about this phone myself any chance somone could post a pic from the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

woody wrote:
    Looking at this at the moment what do you think...

Only down side I can see is that the memory cannot be expanded although it has 256MB onboard memory.

Also anyone know if it is debranded would it unlock a lot of extra features ?

Im on the verge of buying it myself the meger memory is a downside but i dont currently own a mp3 player so its a kind of middle ground is the way im looking at it!

Also if we get the phone into work (xtra-vision) i get a whopping 10% off and a free copy of gran turismo 4.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

You can get the w800i with Meteor for 150 Snots as a sign up deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Also if we get the phone into work (xtra-vision) i get a whopping 10% off and a free copy of gran turismo 4.....

hmmm my friend works in xtravision might ask him to buy the phone for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

ONLY 300 euro. Who the hell are you Bill Gates?

RichyX wrote:
    The W800i is only 300€ on speakeasy with a 512MB card now.
    Makes the W550i a waste of time and money i reckon.

Wot u talkin bout fool????

Its €399 on vodafone ready to go, and god knows wat they did to the phone u probably have to download all the songs u want to put on it from wodafone live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

hmmm my friend works in xtravision might ask him to buy the phone for me :)

Was in work last nite, we wont be getting in the w550i this side of xmas. The selection of phones this year seems to be dreadful anyway, not just in work but everywhere. I'm gonna hold out till the sales and see if I can pick up a bargin, i've had the same 3200 for about 2years now....I must say it has serverd me well but she aint pretty!

Richie6904 wrote:
    Wot u talkin bout fool????

Its €399 on vodafone ready to go, and god knows wat they did to the phone u probably have to download all the songs u want to put on it from wodafone live

€300 on Speakeasy, which is o2 you prat.

RichyX wrote:

I know the difference between o2 and vodafone.

My point was that i have seen it on Vodafone Ready to go for €399 but i cant find it on o2 speakeasy for €300. Where have U seen it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

RichyX wrote:

Well said

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Richie6904 wrote:
    I know the difference between o2 and vodafone.

My point was that i have seen it on Vodafone Ready to go for €399 but i cant find it on o2 speakeasy for €300. Where have U seen it????

It's not online yet.

Go into any of the o2 stores and they should have the w800i for 300€ on speakeasy.

Personally I'm gonna wait until it's online as there's likely to be a discount on it then. The online store changes on a daily basis so hopefully it'll appear soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

liamskater wrote:
    ONLY 300 euro. Who the hell are you Bill Gates?

You might as well upgrade to the newest version, treat yourself on the run up to christmas and let the credit card take the strain

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=127043

Advertisement