Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technics 1210's just died??

Options
  • 28-11-2005 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Hope this is right forum for this, can't find a DJ equipment thread.

My friend has a pair of technics Sl 1210 decks. He left them on one day, and when he checked after a while, he noticed he had left them on, and they were now broke. They will not come on at all!!

He said he checked the fuse in the plug, but that is not it??

Is there an internal fuse?? Or what could it be??

Any help greatly appreciated,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Probably better suited to the Dance/Electronic forum.

Can't help you I'm afraid, although I know 1210's are built like a tank so there must be something external at fault. You sure there wasn't a power surge or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

close to impossible that both 1210s would kick the bucket at the same time. About as likely as you winning the lotto two weeks in a row. Has to be something else
    ie - sabotage, fuse board, socket problem etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, check the user environment first. Try them from a known working power outlet, different room for example. New leads if possible too. Make sure the fault lies with the decks first. Sounds stupid I know, but having spent the last 10 years working in IT, you'd be amazed how many problems are nothing to do with the electrical device in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Thanks for replies.

I think he found the problem. There are these little glass fuses on the board inside the decks. One of them is visibly blown, little thread of metal is broke in middle, the other is not no easy to see with eyes, maybe it is broke nearer to end of fuse, thus, hidden by outer casing??

He will know by tomorrow after a visit to Peats, or somewhere that sell these tiny fuses.

Thanks again,

Kev

Advertisement