Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jam

• 28-11-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Who would be a fan of the show?

If that is anyone has ever seen it, if you havnt its more or less the darkest, most disturbing comedy you're ever likely to see.

Good oul christopher morris sticking it to the censors.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

Great show! Got the DVD a while ago. Could have been as long as two years ago I think. I don't think anyone I've shown it to has liked it as much as me. A few just sat there open mouthed in shock or disgust I'm not sure.

I love the way there were so many different types of humour in it too. Some of it was the type of thing everyone could find funny, the idiot woman arguing about the parking ticket was gas. But some was really dark and while I love that type of humour I've found it's not to everyone's taste. (the one about fixing yer womans baby springs to mind) and some of it was funny cos it was just so ridiculous (the lizards in the TV)

But yeah overall probably the darkest comedy I've ever seen.

The adam and Joe bits on the DVD are ****in funny too. Goitre.

Nice sig too. That was one of my favourite opening sequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Can't say I've ever heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Great show alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

N_Raid wrote:
    I don't think anyone I've shown it to has liked it as much as me. A few just sat there open mouthed in shock or disgust I'm not sure.

But yeah overall probably the darkest comedy I've ever seen.

Yeah i'm very selective of who i show it to, i've a couple of friends who 'get it', personally I think its comic genius....The Brass Eye Special on phedo's was about as offensive as 'The Sound Of Music' compared to Jam. I'd say Chris Morris said F**K IT when writing the script to see how far he could push things. I dont recall it ever being on t.v but even if it was i'd say it was once they were allowed and never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I dont recall it ever being on t.v but even if it was i'd say it was once they were allowed and never again!
    It was on Channel 4 a few years ago.. hmm, a good few years ago actually. Back when Channel 4 was an interesting channel.

I remember seeing the obsucre ads they had on for it and making a point of tuning in. Sitting in the house with a late night bowl of cronflakes, the very first sketch was the couple trying to get their friend to sleep with their gay son.

I had never imagined anything like it could be so funny.

They had a 're-cut' version (Jaaaaaaam, also on the DVD) which they put on after the first run finished.

• Advertisement
Advertisement