Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1500 to spend on a TV

Options
  • 28-11-2005 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

We are getting my father a new TV for christmas, he doesn't know yet (lucky bastard :D )
    Might as well be HD ready. Buying online isn't an option because he will see it arriving at the house.
    I can't get it shipped to my house because I'm never there with work.
    Has to be bought in a retail store.

Doing some shopping in Dublin tomorrow so I can take a look in Dixon's, Curry's etc. looking for some advice before I start to shop around.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

D.I.D. are my personal favourite. They're an irish company. And you might get a few quid off the asking price if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Why not get it delivered to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

kerbdog wrote:
    Why not get it delivered to work?
    Small problem with that. My father is my boss :D

FF, must take a look in DID. Never taught about it today. Had a good luck around earlier. Spotted some nice TVs. Prob pick one up towards the end of the week.

Can't remember the model numbers of the ones I was looking at today. Some were Samsung and LG, think about 32"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Seen a 42'' Plasma advertised last few weeks in Sunday World. 1,499e. Think the store is Power City. Imagine your dad's face if he saw that ? No idea if its HD ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Rabies wrote:
    We are getting my father a new TV for christmas, he doesn't know yet (lucky bastard :D )
    Might as well be HD ready. Buying online isn't an option because he will see it arriving at the house.
    I can't get it shipped to my house because I'm never there with work.
    Has to be bought in a retail store.

Doing some shopping in Dublin tomorrow so I can take a look in Dixon's, Curry's etc. looking for some advice before I start to shop around.

Thanks

Hey Rabies,

I've got a similar budget and have decided on a Samsung 32" LCD-TV LE32R51B.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313313&cks=SPK

Its HD ready and has gotten good reviews.
    It is available in Curry's/ Dixons for around 1500

I think its also avialable in DID but you may need to ask them to order if for you.

Regards
    Quazzy

• Advertisement
Advertisement