Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nec 344i (imode)...

• 28-11-2005 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Any Nec 343i owners around that would like to criteque their purchase? Friend of mine let me play around with his and it seemed a nice little number for the price. Does the job of texting and making calls all in a nice looking package.

Of course, in getting one,your basically branding yourself/limiting yourself to this imode malarky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had an O2 customer complain about this model to me on Sunday. He said that it was constantly freezing and shutting down. Dunno if this is common. Personally, I think it looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Looks nice but i think theyre a bit basic for my needs, i'll hold onto my 6680 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I got one and I have to say, for the money, its quite impressive, plus with the free i-mode stuff until the end of the year and the free i-mail until March 2006, its a real bargain.

Its not the highest spec phone out there naturally and yeah, it probably has its shortcomings, but at the moment its €69 on Speakeasy upgrade if you buy on O2 website and that includes €90 credit. Cant really go wrong

Plus! Its the cheapest Blackberry type option you will get anywhere!! Email is great on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

How would the NEC compare to the SE 700i?
    Haven't handled a working 343i yet so no idea how well put together they are or easy to use.

Thinking of getting one or the other for Xmas since the Samsung S500i doesn't really seem to be worth the money.

Ah theres no comparison at all
    But then again, one is €69 on pay as you go and the other is about €330 or €340

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The SE 700i is around 130€ on Meteor pay as you go so it's not too far off the 343i price wise.

Ah sorry
    Misread your post
    I thought you meant the S 700i, not the K700i
    Anyway, I would probably still go for the Sony Ericsson.
    The only thing the NEC really has going for it is it looks nice, its slim, and the i-mail feature which is practically instant delivery like the Blackberry.
    You do not need to keep checking your email. It is delivered right away to the handset

Advertisement