Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it rare?

• 29-11-2005 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am a 23 year old fella, living and working in a remote area. but I am totally straight acting and am gay. I feel really upset and depressed at knowing that I am gay. Sometimes I feel so different I wanna just die. I mean all my mates like girls and they think I do but I don't, and it really makes me feel like maybe there was no point in me ever going for a job or even being born. Is there others like me in a similar prediciment. I come across to most as straight and I play all sports, I just feel like Im a fraud.
    Please help. Id love to read posts that are similar to my situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dude go to this thread - there is definatly someone there who could help you out.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=255

By the way dont fret - it'l all work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

WIthheld wrote:
    I feel really upset and depressed at knowing that I am gay.

No need to feel upset because you're gay. There's nothing wrong with being gay. I'm sure hiding it is taking its toll on you. :(

Ah, just found out anonymous posting is allowed in the LGB forum. I'm assuming you've taken it there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

dont jump to the conclusion that your gay. Contrary to what is promoted in popular media these days it is still very rare to be gay. Be absolutely sure that you are not straight before you go around telling people you are gay.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

WIthheld wrote:
    I am a 23 year old fella, living and working in a remote area. but I am totally straight acting and am gay. I feel really upset and depressed at knowing that I am gay. Sometimes I feel so different I wanna just die..

we are all different in our own way, truly you should not be depressed about being gay, embrace it and be proud of who you are.
    would you not prefer for me to move this thread to the L/G/B Forum
    you can post unregged there too and that forum has people who are more in the know on how to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You need to be happy in your skin, and your sexual orientation is part of that. It takes a while for some people to figure it out, but once you have, you will feel more complete.

As Beruthiel said, we'll gladly move this to LGB if you'd like, where you can get advice direct from people who might have felt similarly to you at one time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there I wouldn't say that you are rare, in fact most Irish gay men have probably gone through exactly the same situation as yourself.

http://www.gaire.com/e/f/

Message boards that have lots of lovely people that can reassure you as to your situation, they also have a lot of info about learning more about the gay scene and whats going on. Some of it will come as very new and probably a little exciting and scary but if you seem sure of your feelings and that is the first step. Go on and talk to a few people you will feel a million times better I promise, everyone is very understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in the same situation as you. I am 23, gay, straight acting and I haven't told anyone yet. I am quite happy about the situation though. Life's too short to be worrying about it. I am who I am and there's nothing I can do about it. I will tell people eventually, but not for the time being. Being gay is only a part of you... It doesnt mean you have to fit the stereotype and act gay and not play sports, etc. All it means is you like guys and not girls. It's not a big deal really, IMO.
    I'm in work now so I'll post more later...

Advertisement