Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Have i missed anything in my car search (excel sheet attached)

Options
  • 29-11-2005 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭

Ive just trawled thro carzone and cbg looking up all the cars that interested me and the attached sheet is what ive come up with, there are some typing errors etc im sure but the pics are all there as are specs

Ive owned and loved an alfa 156 and am more than happy to buy another alfa

can anyone suggest anything in the same bracket that im missing? ie 150bhp or so and sportyish pref with leather??

Also a non silver car would be nice as my old car is silver

Really appreciate it

Ps that 156 is calling me (do i really want the same car again)

Oh and 14.5k is kinda max budget

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Copy and paste your text into a new reply!

T'is very awkward to open that file! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no it aint lazy get :D

theres piccies there too!

cmon, i know everyone wants to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

147 MultiJet JTD, 150BHP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Get the silver Golf GTI. Best looking car of the lot and it'll put a smile on your face when you drive it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I would also go for the Golf Gti, much better resale value than the alfa!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

Get the silver Golf GTI. Best looking car of the lot and it'll put a smile on your face when you drive it.
    I'd have to agree! Is that the anniversary model or summit cause it looks gorg....love the red brake calipers too....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

prospect wrote:
    147 MultiJet JTD, 150BHP.

as much as we love 'em thats out of his price range I'd imagine prospect - although I know of one coming up for sale in the new year, nice black one ;)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Big Nelly wrote:
    Hairdresser's Ferrari!!
    Maybe the 1.6ltr Big Nelly but the 2ltr is pretty impressive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I would go for the silver GTi. Not a bad price either.

irish1 wrote:
    Maybe the 1.6ltr Big Nelly but the 2ltr is pretty impressive imo.

My girlfriends sister had one....the 1.6ltr.....I hated the thing.....its a girls car.....no head room either.....was going down with her to check out cars one day in it and was in the back.....had to lie down because I could sit down normal the roof is so low.....she is only 5ft something so she had no probs with it......she has still got bored with it and is selling it at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea back seat is a bit of a joke alright, but the 2ltr gives good performance and reliability for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

ciarsd wrote:
    as much as we love 'em thats out of his price range I'd imagine prospect - although I know of one coming up for sale in the new year, nice black one ;)

:D

I know of one aswell, which I may not be able to get as i am having trouble/no luck trying to shift my own motor. :(

Looking at that 03 alfa seriously, its a very nice car,

regarding the point on resale value, id feel im getting a lot car for my money with a fully loaded 2.0 156 to be honest, and i think id have one over a hyundai coupe :)

i know some people dont like alfas but i loved mine and wouldnt mind another :D

irish1 wrote:
    Yea back seat is a bit of a joke alright, but the 2ltr gives good performance and reliability for the money.

Maybe but I would still see them as a womans car....so many women driving them now and you hardly ever see a bloke in one!! wouldnt buy one myself!!!

Advertisement