Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a way to file share

• 29-11-2005 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Right I've got eircom broadband attached to my home pc. I've also got a wireless router connected to the eircom netopia bb box and use it for my laptop upstairs. On my home pc I've home xp and on the laptop I've professional xp. Is there any way I could set aside say a folder on the home pc that I could then access via the wireless on the laptop upstairs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Of course man, use the network wizard (Windows XP) to create a network with your two PC's, anything that you want to share between the two can be put into the shared folders on each respective PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

1) Share the folder on the PC (right-click, sharing).
    2) Set the firewall on both machines to allow Network Neighbourhood access (hard to say exactly where this option is without knowing what your firewall is).
    3) (Perhaps) Ensure both machines have the same Workgroup name (Right-click on My Computer, Properties, Computer Name, Change).
    4) Enter My Network Places, and click on View Workgroup Computers.
    5) Double click on the computer name to see the list of shared folders/devices.
    6) Open folder.
    7) Tinker to hearts delight.

Advertisement