Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NWA Results

• 29-11-2005 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

NWA Ireland Results from CYMS Hall, Kildare Town. Saturday November 26th.

AJ Havok beat Gym Nasium. Gary Cassidy (accompanied by Enda Cassidy) defeated JD Callous and Mike Vega in Triple Threat Action. Heavy D over LA Warren. Blue Vinny bested Paul Tracey. 'The Inve$tment' Ross Browne pinned Paul Fury in a 'Hair V Hair' Match. Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow beat Sean 'Maxer' Brennan by disqualification when Brennan accidently dropkicked the referee causing a disqualification. Team Mega retained their NWA Ireland Tag Team Titles in 'Fatal Fourway Tag Team Action' overcoming - 'The Three and a Half Inch Floppies' (Andy Atary and Del PC), 'The Masterclass' (Adam Abz and Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd) and 'The Finglas Hooligans' ('Juvenile Delinquent' Keith Loughman and 'Thunderkid' Robbie Morrissey'.

NWA Ireland Results from Wolfe Tone Community Centre, Bray. Co. Wicklow - Sunday November 27th.

LA Warren (with Sam Quentin) Gary Cassidy (with Enda Cassidy). Heavy D pinned Mike Vega. 'The Inve$tment' Ross Browne appeared and announced that he has been head of NWA Irelands Creative Department for the last 2 months. He introduced his first brainchild - the artist formerly known as 'Vince Mayhem' is now called 'Blue Vinny'. 'Blue Vinny' pinned Sean 'Maxer' Brennan. 'The Inve$tment' Ross Browne over Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd in the first ever 'Bray Bullrope' Match. Team Mega retained their NWA Ireland Tag Team Titles defeating - 'The Narly Dudes' (Narly Pete and Sweet Spence), Lazer Bean and 'Lil B', and 'The Finglas Hooligans' ('Juvenile Delinquent' Keith Loughman and 'Thunderkid' Robbie Morrissey. Adam Abz and Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow went to a one fall apiece draw at the end of a '30 Minute Iron Man Match'. Both men agreed to 'Sudden Death Overtime' and it was Adam Abz who rolled up Morrow for a 3 Count to become the new NWA Ireland Champion.

Thanks to all who attended.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

flair4gold wrote:
    'The Inve$tment' Ross Browne appeared and announced that he has been head of NWA Irelands Creative Department for the last 2 months. He introduced his first brainchild - the artist formerly known as 'Vince Mayhem' is now called 'Blue Vinny'.

What's the idea meant to be there?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭flair4gold

they call him blue vinny cuz he wears blue shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

And also because IwW have Red Vinny.

Pissed I missed the Bray show, forgot it was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Great show in Bray, Ross Browne is THE BEST wrestler in Ireland on the mic and a great wrestler too. Also Ross mentioned he works for RTE but I don't think nothing of it.

And also because IwW have Red Vinny.

That's my point. Why rip off other promtions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭flair4gold

its called a parody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Exactly

Fozzy wrote:
    That's my point. Why rip off other promtions?

IwW did it as well with their Celtic Tiger parody.

That was funny though! Blake's been known to bull****. Vinny's a very good wrestler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

IwW did it as well with their Celtic Tiger parody.
    Yeah - but that was on TV and DVD, and was hilariously executed - they even re-recorded Eye of the Tiger and put together a funny music video for it.
    The 'Blue Vinny' parody was just in front of 60 fans who aren't even smartened up - the typical NWA Ireland crowd is mostly just kids with their parents. The NWA trainees are probably the only ones who got the joke, so what was the point?
    Sorry, but I don't see the comparison. The IWW parody was hilarious, and the NWA parody will never even be seen by anyone who gets it.

Shouldn't they focus more on maybe, oooooooh I dunno....trying to achieve something more with their promotion? They are still doing the exact same thing now that they were 2 or 3 years ago, except with slightly smaller crowds. I'm not having a go because I still attend most NWA shows and enjoy them, but am I right ro am I right?

• Advertisement

Might not be smartened up but they could easily watch Whiplash TV. IwW is currently the most exposed Irish promotion so is ripe for parody from rivals.

It would be nice to see NWA do a little more alright. The in ring product is solid and all the guys have their characters down well. They have the best tag team and the best promo guy in Ireland and probably the most prestigious belt but have failed to make use of it all. They seem content with what they have however.

Fozzy wrote:
    That was funny though! Blake's been known to bull****. Vinny's a very good wrestler
    Vinny is a great wrestler.

The only reason I visit IwW show's is mainly for the international talent, I wouldn't travel so far for Gym Wars, I'm not much for standing.

I head to NWA Ireland to be entertained and watch some great wrestling, and if Ross Browne is serious about his RTE contract(but I don't really, but then again yeah never know) then NWA Ireland could be on national TV and get the publicity they so well deserve.

Juggalo wrote:
    Vinny is a great wrestler.

Nice Subtlety :)

It would be nice to see NWA do a little more alright. The in ring product is solid and all the guys have their characters down well. They have the best tag team and the best promo guy in Ireland and probably the most prestigious belt but have failed to make use of it all. They seem content with what they have however.

I agree. The wrestling is always solid - but I've been attending their Bray shows regularly for a few years now (only because I live in Kilcoole), and I'm getting bored of the repetition. IWW shows are more exciting because of the variety, and even though I don't think the wrestling is as "solid" as NWA, I do think the wrestling and characters are more charismatic, and it's overall a more enjoyable show - plus, they have a better website, they bring in international names, they have a TV show available to viewers in 4 countries, they release regular DVDs - and the quality is pretty good, they have a busy fan forum, they make regular press releases and updates, they have programmes, tees and 8 x 10's at their shows, and they overall appear to be pushing themselves hard and making solid progress.
    NWA Ireland have dropped the ball IMO, considering they had first pick of Irish talent for their school when it first opened, they should have been so much more than they are now (and they do have better "wrestlers" IMO - though not better characters), but now it seems like some of their top guys are even jumping ship due to the lack of direction and progress with NWA Ireland! They only have themselves to blame - IWW seem hungrier, and that's just my perception as a regular attendee of both promotions.

I've never seen CPW, but I have heard bad things from every direction except the CPW website - which is no surprise. I might give it a look mylself someday if it's convenient, as I like to draw my own conclusions.

Juggalo wrote:
    if Ross Browne is serious about his RTE contract

Are you really that gullible?

Are you really that gullible?
    Obviously your eye sight is very selective, because if you just turn your attention to the little bit I put in brackets.

I've never seen CPW, but I have heard bad things from every direction except the CPW website - which is no surprise. I might give it a look mylself someday if it's convenient, as I like to draw my own conclusions.

There were bad things getting said about CPW before there even was a CPW but I have been to all 3 CPW shows and have enjoyed them all, I know some of the people who have been bashing CPW to look at and I've not seen them at any CPW show which makes me suspect propaganda. Hell, even the UCW fans up north make an effort to get down for CPW every month, they like it that much.

All the promotions have their strong points and their weak points and I think they are all good in their way. I'm a fan of Irish wrestling as a whole and I wish more people were. A lot of people seem to foolishly align themselves to one promotion and not even attend shows of other promotions, they are missing out.

All the promotions have their strong points and their weak points and I think they are all good in their way. I'm a fan of Irish wrestling as a whole and I wish more people were. A lot of people seem to foolishly align themselves to one promotion and not even attend shows of other promotions, they are missing out.
    Very true.

There were bad things getting said about CPW before there even was a CPW

But from what I have seen (on these boards especially), there were dozens of accusations made towards Blake Norton and CPW, but none were ever denied. Persoanlly speaking, if anything false was said about me, I would be very pro-active denying it.
    Most of teh petty accusations I couldn't be bothered with, but two main things stood out to me about the whole saga that I couldn't ignore: 1) Blake Norton took credit for training Red Vinny - then Red Vinny HIMSELF immediately denied those claims, and proceeded to lay into Blake and his abilities as a trainer. What was also worrying, was that even if Blake did train Red Vinny, he would have only done so for the 3 months he was with IWW - and the WWE trial he was claiming credit for took place almost a year later - which tells me that Norton was taking credit for (and putting a spin on) something Vinny had worked for long after Blake left IWW.
    2) SOURCE Blake claims to be friends with Lance Storm - but then Lance himself made a statement saying that he had never heard of Blake, and that "more often than not guys using other peoples names are full of it, and do so because their name carries no weight and thus they should not be trusted".
    This comes from the horses mouth of a guy I really admire and am a huge fan of.

Despite all the other bitching about Blake Norton (which there is no proof to back up - so I consider it hearsay), Red Vinny and Lance Storm both publically denied statements made by Blake Norton and CPW - so that's why I'm not too pushed making an effort to see CPW. Like I said - if it's convenient one night, I might check it out.
    A lot of people seem to foolishly align themselves to one promotion and not even attend shows of other promotions, they are missing out.
    Well, I attend NWA and IWW shows, and I don't think I'm missing out on anything special with CPW. I've seen Burning Spirit and Darragh Galligan wrestle for IWW, and IMO they were the worst on the active roster. And Joey Cabray isn't a patch on SOS or Fergal Devitt. The rest of the CPW guys I haven't seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Do you have anything to do with either promotion Lump? Its just it seems like you have an agenda against CPW, like may others, and there seems to be nothing new to it.

Anyway, I dont see why almost every thread about Irish wrestling must descend into a mudslinging match between the respective promotions. For one thing, its against the rules, for another its boring, and yet another, its divisive.

Personally I would love if all promotions actually merged, as i thjink this is the only way irish wrestling can ever make a real impact. And I dont mean that in any disrespectful way to any promotion - ive been to a good many IWW shows,a nd have lofved them more than any wwe event ive been to.

• Advertisement

No, i'm not associated with either promotion.
    I already gave my reasons why i'm not bothered with CPW, and I also said that I dismissed all of the hearsay accusations against Blake and CPW bar 2 - and I also gave my reasons why I couldn't ignore those 2 accusations - one was from Lance Storm himself, FFS!
    NWA are local, and IWW bring in big names - that's why I attend both of those promotions. CPW offers nothing to me as a fan, that I can't already get with the shows I currently attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Quote:
    The 'Blue Vinny' parody was just in front of 60 fans who aren't even smartened up - the typical NWA Ireland crowd is mostly just kids with their parents. The NWA trainees are probably the only ones who got the joke, so what was the point?
    Sorry, but I don't see the comparison. The IWW parody was hilarious, and the NWA parody will never even be seen by anyone who gets it.

Although I take your point that the NWA's crowds are mostly kids, my friends and I were at the NWA show in Kildare, and not only got the joke, were amused by it. Just because the majority of NWA fans are not smart, does not mean no one is. Therefore, why shouldn't NWA use the Blue Vinny character?
    Hey, maybe its just an IWW Vs. NWA angle anyway.

Quote:

Although I take your point that the NWA's crowds are mostly kids, my friends and I were at the NWA show in Kildare, and not only got the joke, were amused by it. Just because the majority of NWA fans are not smart, does not mean no one is. Therefore, why shouldn't NWA use the Blue Vinny character?
    Hey, maybe its just an IWW Vs. NWA angle anyway.
    I never said they shouldn't use it. Can you point me to where I said that?

I just pointed out to Cannibal that the Celtic Tiger skit was much better than the Blue Vinny parody, since IWW's skit had a much wider (and smarter) audience and was executed better. Cannibal was comparing the 2....

Well the Lance Storm thing has been answered before. He never claimed he was friends with him, just booked him. Quote from blakenorton.com

"Stu and his family gave me the opportunity to do everything from book tours to scout talent, and Bruce brought me in to assist on booking. In June, I brought in Lance Storm, Christopher Daniels and Michael Modest to come in to work a tour for us, and in July, I myself made my wrestling debut."

As far I can see that is the only reference he has made to Lance Storm and Lance admits in his e-mail that the name sounds familiar he just can't place it. It was more a case of people making more of the reference than it was.

As far as your critique on Galligan, Cabray and Burns, you saw them very early in their career. Cabray in particular I think has come a long way, he had a very good match with Stevie Lynn at the last CPW show, Burns is very talented for his size and has a good intensity about him and Galligan is one of the most entertaining personalities in CPW. Then they have developed great talent as well with Amazing Insano and Anthony Idol with Idol being one of my personal favourites and I'd put him up there against anything any other promotion has got. They are definitely worth a second look. Don't build preconceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

So lump basher what your are saying is that it was ok for IWW to make a parody of The Celtic Tiger because more people would of understood them because they are on some useless tv station. But NWA cant because not as many of there fans would understand? I was at the NWA show in bray and i have to say The Blue Vinny gimmick is one of the best gimmicks i have ever seen, and blue vinny is also a better wrestler than red vinny. And on a further note IWW come off as a very imature company who cant take it when someone leaves there company e.g. they have pictures posted of cannibal holding a penis as there avatars on the IWW forums(including simon roche) which just makes IWW look like cry babies who just cant take a kick in the arse. As for CPW i was at there last show and i find them very decent. I like joey Cabary. So Lump Basher, put up or **** up

P.S Cannibal update your site plz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement