Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Fluffy Coats???

• 29-11-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think of the big fluffy jackets that are all over the shops right now?
    I wouldn't normally go for them but this time around they are so wintery and christmassy looking that I am starting to get sucked into the craze.

Do you think they are a no go? Or acceptable for Xmas party season?

I was thinking of a cream one, or a chocolate brown one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Don't, just Don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

funk-you wrote:
    Don't, just Don't.

Quoted for truth. What am I doing in f/a? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you see yourself wearing it in 3-6 months time, once the christmas silly season has passed. If not, then no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Is it a short fur jacket you are talking about sillysausage?

If it is i think you should get one!! They are very cute! So what if you dont wear it in 3 months time, at least you will look cute while being warm during the christmas season!!!

:D:D Just my opinion! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i dont really like them tbh, i want to get a long black jacket, no fur!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Ew. Wouldn't be caught dead in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Right, so majority votes no to the fluffy jackets??
    So what kinda of jacket would you reccommend?

I have some beautiful xmas coats, knee length ones, but I was looking for more of a party xmas coat.

You know how everything sparkles at Christmas time :D
    People wear things, and colours, that they might not normally wear.

I want a wintery dressy-ish jacket. and I don't mind if I only get 2 or 3 months out of it.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

ah ok well thats kinda different..

i was talkin bout a knee length one that id like to get, you've already got some ;)

i did have a knee length jacket, kinda stressed demin, with beige/brown fur, and design down the side..sounds horrible but if i can get a pic up it was actually pretty nice n unusual..or so i thought til one of my best friends got it in a shorter length :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd personally go down the accessories route to brighten up a coat. Colourful scarf, big bright brooch,

Too be quite honest, if you like the idea of a furry/fluffy coat, then you should go for it. Life is short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

we're close to the north pole but we ain't that close to merit them big fluffy coats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Cremo wrote:
    we're close to the north pole but we ain't that close to merit them big fluffy coats.

... but they're so soft and pleasing to the touch! I say go for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I've never seen them. Can someone post a pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

buy one of the fur [fur-look not real of course] coats they are really nice i think....i'd buy one if i had the dosh!!
    feckin go for it its christmas after all the season to be jolly... and if the coat makes ya jolly buy it [obviously dont go gettin urself into debt or anythin 4 it like!!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have been scanning the net for a pic, but I cant find one that actually matches what I have in my mind.
    I would probabaly spend up to €100, maybe a bit more if it was really nice.
    I like the fake fur thing, I think its really festive looking and thats kind of what I want.

http://www.adasa.com/product/asp/ProdID/21680/af/page.htm?source=bizrate

Something like this, maybe without the hood???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Oooooohhhhh, Im liking the Juicy Couture one!

I got a small fur shrug alright a few months ago in Miss Selfridge. It was sort of like the fur jacket in the pic only without the hood and sleeves and it was a little shorter! It is really cute on, I love it!
    Yea, I love Fur too (Fake of Course!) its so festive and girly!
    I really like that Juicy one though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I have been scanning the net for a pic, but I cant find one that actually matches what I have in my mind.
    I would probabaly spend up to €100, maybe a bit more if it was really nice.
    I like the fake fur thing, I think its really festive looking and thats kind of what I want.

http://www.adasa.com/product/asp/ProdID/21680/af/page.htm?source=bizrate

Something like this, maybe without the hood???
    That lools nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was thinking of something entirely different, that does look quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

I personally wouldn't wear one, but they look lovely over a party dress when someone is wearing nice jewellery, and has their hair done.

Very luxurious and sparkly looking :)

Advertisement