Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold leaf cake decoration - where to get?

• 29-11-2005 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get gold leaf for a cake decoration.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Gold and silver leaf is used in Indian cookery both for sweets and other food. I don't think I've ever seen it for sale here, but you could try some of the Asian stores, or if that fails try asking at one of the classier Indian restaurants to see if they know a source.

Indian sweets ... mmmmmmmm!!! Now why aren't there any Indian sweet centres here in Dublin? I spent years in Manchester, where there are literally hundreds of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The Irish Yeast company opposite Trinity College. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Shabadu wrote:
    The Irish Yeast company opposite Trinity College. :)
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭edengarden

thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

Alun wrote:
    Gold and silver leaf is used in Indian cookery both for sweets and other food. I don't think I've ever seen it for sale here, but you could try some of the Asian stores, or if that fails try asking at one of the classier Indian restaurants to see if they know a source.

Indian sweets ... mmmmmmmm!!! Now why aren't there any Indian sweet centres here in Dublin? I spent years in Manchester, where there are literally hundreds of them.

Have you tried the Indian grocery stores? You can almost always find sweets there. I haven't come across any silver or gold leaf for sale here - it's called 'Varak' if you're interested - the ones that I got from Dubai have almost finished. If you come across them in Dublin, I'd really be interested to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement