Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much to renew a bike?

Options
  • 29-11-2005 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    my flatmate is leaving the house and his bike...in really poor conditions.
    At first glance I'd say that it needs:
    - new brakes
    - oil the chain
    - new tires
    - new lights
    - check of the gears

how much does it coast to have a full service like that? can u suggest me a place where to go in the city centre? UCD Bike shop is cheap? if it is more than 100 euro maybe I go for a second hand bike in better conditions.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

Blackpitts wrote:
    hey guys,
    my flatmate is leaving the house and his bike...in really poor conditions.
    At first glance I'd say that it needs:
    - new brakes
    - oil the chain
    - new tires
    - new lights
    - check of the gears

how much does it coast to have a full service like that? can u suggest me a place where to go in the city centre? UCD Bike shop is cheap? if it is more than 100 euro maybe I go for a second hand bike in better conditions.

thank you
    Should get away with this for less than 100 euros. I have heard good reports about the UCD bike shop but have never used them as I do most of the servicing myself.
    Just to give you an idea re prices:
    Tyres - could pay anything from 12-30 euros depending on type.
    Brake - you probably just need a set of brake blocks (approx 10 euros)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Alright Mate,

If you havent gotten the bike fixed up I will do a job on it for you, im an ex bike mechanic of 5 years. Let me know if your interested bike shops these days are a bit of a rip off for servicing.

Advertisement