Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car at last

Options
  • 29-11-2005 11:38am
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Well after driving a company car for years finally went out and bought a sporty number.

It is a absolute beauty of a car and a pure rocket, only 1800 miles on the clock fully loaded and a dream to drive and this one also came with the optional hardtop so nice and cosy in the winter.

Heres to some summer motoring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Did a test drive in one of those once while I had my MX-5. Didn't like it at all, I must say, especially the (for me anyway) horribly awkward driving position. Looks good though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Congrats , happy motering ..:D

Hope the summer is a good one ..

Where did you buy it ?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I thought the driving position was one of the best things about it, so comfy and lovely for long drives the seats really grip you nicely. I bought it in White Bishop motors

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

TCP/IP wrote:
    I thought the driving position was one of the best things about it, so comfy and lovely for long drives the seats really grip you nicely. I bought it in White Bishop motors
    I found I couldn't adjust the seat properly, and if I recall (this was a few years ago) the steering wheel didn't adjust for reach, only tilt. Also I found the brake pedal was a good centimetre or two higher than the other two pedals, which meant I actually had to raise my foot a good way off the accelerator to brake, thereby banging my knee on the bottom of the steering wheel. I stuck with my MX-5 :)

god that would do it for me to but luckly have not had those problems at all. Oh and lashing BMWs out of it for fun is great. Ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

What are you lashing out of it, 316's? :D

(nice car)

M3 no quicker 0-60 than a 330 though its the TF180VVC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

TCP/IP wrote:
    M3 no quicker 0-60 than a 330 though its the TF180VVC

With all due respect - My Ars€! I'm sure the M wasnt trying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,408 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good luck with the new car. Keep an eye on those engine temps ;)
    TCP/IP wrote:
    its the TF180VVC
    :eek:

Never knew there was such a model. Any links?

No i meant the M3 would be much quicker but the 330 would not be sorry for the confusion

• Advertisement

So you have a MG TF160 then?

If so, it is significantly slower than a 330i, although I don't know why you are comparing your little sporty number with a family size executive saloon? :p

250km/h (limited) vs 220km/h
    0-100km/h in 6.3s vs 7.6s

Don't get me wrong, the TF160 is by no means slow!

0-60 in the TF is 6.9 seconds

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/MGTF/mgtf05.html

But i agree it is an unfair comparision

TCP/IP wrote:
    0-60

It's an English car, but we live in Ireland ;)

From your link, the figure quoted for 0-100km/h is 7.6s, exactly the same as I posted there ^^

If the 330i is loaded with 5 obese adults and a boot full of bricks, you might stand a chance :p

ha ha i like it thats funny fair play

Anyway, just messin'. Very best of luck with your new motor :)

Advertisement