Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moycullen Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Irish Broadband are absolutely terrible in Galway.
    It's over-subscribed/under-provisioned, and similar to certain parts of Dublin.
    They've gone downhill as they gained more customers, like any ISP that advertises no caps.
    3meg is about enough for one household, not a town the size of Moycullen. I didn't know Cellcom were buying 'bandwidth' (I use the term loosely) off IBB. I shall be advising my family to avoid.

-> Just after seeing the price. It's fúcking ludicrous, especially considering they're probably getting a fair wedge of capital off the county as part of the community broadband scheme. Cowboys looking to cash-in and make a quick buck. Similar things have happened in Roscommon too.
    There are enough houses in Moycullen to justify a full-on DSL/cable/wireless player.

Anyone know what tech Cellcom are using? Reselling IBB stuff or something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Well my neighbour`s aerial is a mitsubishi thing, I`dont know the model. Its signal is at 5ghz. I got a reply from an email I sent to them (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054855894)

Rip off, piss poor service atm. 1st part won`t change till there is competition, 2nd with some luck might improve. I read broadband forum when ever I can and the latest work IBB have been doing is having an effect. I may change my tune come 9th december though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Updates on the situation:
    Here
    And here

Advertisement