Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shearer elbow against Weir

• 29-11-2005 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭

I hear that Shearer will get off on this.

I think he is guilty as anything as it looked at Weir before throwing the elbow but he will get off because of who he is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I didn't think there was much in it at all in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Trampas wrote:
    I hear that Shearer will get off on this.

I think he is guilty as anything as it looked at Weir before throwing the elbow but he will get off because of who he is.

i agree it looked like he meant it alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

he did have a lokk first but i think that he was just trying to block him off rather than to deliberatly elbow him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

He had a look first and then led with the elbow. He always gets away with this kind of thing. Did you see him remember to fall over after he'd controlled the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

any clips?

didnt see much footy over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 header

off course shearer will get off he is the fa-s darling who can do what he likes like the time he kicked neil lennon in the head and got off scotfree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Not much different to the one he complained about in the Carling cup tbh, he had a look then swung the arm, what did he think was going to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Look stop all this Shearer bashing now. It has to stop after all he was only trying to pull his elbow from the air in front of Weirs face*

*Well it worked when he was up for kicking Neil Lennons head in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Tis hard to know, i think he didn't mean it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Speaking as an Evertonian, I think he meant it of course. But because the ref saw it, the FA are powerless under the laws of FIFA, go figure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/sport.html?in_article_id=370092&in_page_id=1771

In an international match he's walking every time. Same as Rooney's Beckham-esque snipe against the Hammers.

I'd be interested to see the result of Dunc doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

When Newcastle played Grimsby Shearer was up to his old tricks, he elbowed Whittle in the face. Oh my god was i delighted to see Whittle go up in a challenge with him later and bust him open with an elbow, then walk away laughing. He had to get stitches in his gob! Whittle should have been done for it by the ref but i think people everywhere who are sick of Shearer's sneaky elbows will say it was justice done! Shearer gave an awful whinge about it and even gave out more in an interview after the game saying he was thinking of taking it further, some cheek!! After all the elbows he's thrown at people, he's feckin infamous for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

theczar wrote:
    I'd be interested to see the result of Dunc doing the same.
    Too bloody right.
    If duncan ferguson done that elbow he would of been red carded, but because its shearer...You know the rest. Its the same with diouf at the weekend, he gets a second yellow after the fulham match and hes red carded, how often have you seen henry have a go at the ref after a match? Never yellow carded, referee just looks away. The refs are way too influenced these days, whether it be by teams, grounds or players, nobody gets treated fairly. Zendens peno vs pourtsmouth, that would never of been giving if it was at pourtsmouth, or if pourtsmouth were a big club. Bowyers penalty at chelsea, or non penalty, it was the most obvious penalty decision ive ever seen. Had that been for chelsea, or in St james park, you think they wouldnt of given that peno? My arse. Abit of consistency refs, all we ask.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Weir will get six games for attacking Shearer's elbow with his head, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

In fairness, it wasn't too bad for Shearer's standards :p

Nah seriously, I think it was bad because he glanced back to see where Weir was before he swung the elbow. Should've been red I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

mchurl wrote:
    he did have a lokk first but i think that he was just trying to block him off rather than to deliberatly elbow him

Just seen it again on sky sports news and he was def not tryin to block him off. He looked at him and didn't just put his arm out to block him, he swung his elbow right into his face, then got control of the ball and threw himself on the ground. I'm so bloody sick of him getting away with so much, should have been a certain red.

shearer is a thug who gets off scotfree all the the time also he can di**** out but not take it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

From the same match, Cahill & Babyaro have been charged.

It beggers belief to be honest.
    Tim Cahill is facing a three-match ban after being charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.

The news comes after an incident between the Australian international and Celestine Babyaro during Sunday's 1-0 win over Newcastle United.

Referee Howard Webb failed to witness Cahill's challenge on the Magpies defender and the aftermath but has since reviewed the footage with officials from Soho Square.

The charge means the Blues could be without the 26-year-old for crucial Premiership games against Manchester and West Ham United plus the weekend's clash at Blackburn Rovers.

Everton's Head of Communications Ian Ross told evertonfc.com: "We have been informed of the charge by the Football Association and we are now considering our options."

Those options are to accept the punishment handed out or to lodge an appeal by the deadline imposed by the FA of 6pm today.

If the Blues do appeal then the case will be heard by a FA Disciplinary Commission on Thursday.

Babyaro has been charged with the same offence as Cahill and also faces an immediate three-match suspension.

Should of been 3 red cards in that match, think the ref needs a trip to specsavers.

At least 3 reds, didn't Solano have an elbow that went unseen? and Parkers 3rd (or should that be 4th or 5th) man tackle from behind on Cahill. McFadden's hand ball. Ameobi should have got yellow for persistent fouls but it was clear the ref was dispensing Christmas charity all over the park.

Cahill certainly swung at Babayaro, and i'm not surprised at him getting done (at least Babayaro got it as well otherwise i'd be frothing at mouth). Can't see us beating W.H. without Tiny, and I'm heading over to the match. grrr.

I think what erks me most with Shearer is his image in the media as this honest player who quietly plys his trade without upsetting anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Shearer gets away with this stuff time and time again, and everyone on sky sports talks about him as being "Such a Handful", he's done this for years and never gets any grief over it. He has a Gary lineker type status in the game were he cant do anything wrong, he's considered an ambassador when really he has the same atitude and aggression of Roy Keane or Rooney, he's just slightly more intelligent than these 2, having said all that i would have loved him to sign for Man U. Maybe the reason shearer hasnt won anything in europe is because foreign ref's dont put up with his elbowing, pushing and grabbing off the ball. NNNNOOOOOO!!!! its because he signed for the wrong club, ha ha ha shearer,you'll go to your grave a bitter man!!

• Advertisement

had wayne rooney done what shebra had done he would have been banned 4it shearer seems to be untouchable:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

As soon as i saw it i knew shearer was guilty. At the time i was very surprised he wasn't booked, then i thought, but of course its alan shearer. Looking at the slowmo reply, he clearly elbows weir in the neck after a little look around....

To be honest, if they are going to do cahill and babayaro, why not Shearer? Typical...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

To be honest, if they are going to do cahill and babayaro, why not Shearer? Typical...

The Shearer incident was seen by the ref and a punishment given on the day, the cahill and babyaro incident was not seen and not punished on the day.

Anyhow Cahill has got a three game ban, the FA would take none of this appeal. Misses the B'burn, Manure, and next match.

Babayaro took his three match straight away as he's injured anyhow.

Bluetonic wrote:
    The Shearer incident was seen by the ref and a punishment given on the day.
    How exactly? By giving a free kick? That wasn't "punishment"!

He didn't even get a booking over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Trampas

Things like that make footballers and managers go mad.

No consistency in the game.

Cahill and Babayaro get 3 matches for handbags stuff will Shearer gets nothing for nearly taking a players eye out.

Years ago Shearer was getting done by the FA for an elbow surprise surprise and he said if you charge me he would quit the england team.

So the FA didnt charge him. He is only a scumbag

Trampas edit that before you get banned ;). Quick!

ziggy67 wrote:
    I agree but the ref "dealt" with the incident at the time according to the FA so there hands are tied.

This law truly is an ass!
    He also dealt with cahill and babayaro incident by talking to them. It should have been left at that. I dont know, with all these violent conduct charges etc the game is turning into a wussy game. It was handbags in fairness...

shearer will keep getting away with his sneaky elbows and dives :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

yet again shearer gets away with his dirty play:mad:

that was a straight red for anybody except Shearer, again.

i agree m8 referees seem2 be afraid of shearer people say roy keane is a dirty player he is achiorboy compared2 im untouchable shearer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I couldn't believe he was at it again after last weeks incident. I watched MOTD2 last night and Lawrie Sanchez seemed to be laughing but I think it was more because he was afraid to sday anything bad about Shearer. :confused:

ciaran76 wrote:
    I couldn't believe he was at it again after last weeks incident. I watched MOTD2 last night and Lawrie Sanchez seemed to be laughing but I think it was more because he was afraid to sday anything bad about Shearer. :confused:

what was it he described it as? robust? gah, it fills me with rage.

can you imagine if an Argentinian did that? the Brits would be bringing up Falkland war stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

doies anyone have a video clip of this elbow...or i can just take it as a typical shearer moment and apply his similar elbow charges accordingly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have a video but you'll have to wait a while. Might get it up later.

doies anyone have a video clip of this elbow...or i can just take it as a typical shearer moment and apply his similar elbow charges accordingly :)

it's more premeditated than his usual jumping-with-elbow-raised-oops-the-centre-back-has-concusion. He has a good look over his shoulder at weir as the ball is coming in then swings his elbow back.

Advertisement