Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New phone for girlfriend for under €100 (preferably Nokia)

• 29-11-2005 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Basically what is says on the tin my girlfriend recently broke her phone and i'm getting her a new one as its coming up to christmas money is tight so i dont want to spend over €100. anyone have an recommmendations??
    would like a phone with bluetooth or at least an infrared connection:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'd say the myc4-2 would be good for her (99). it doesn't have bluetooth or infra-red but its a nice little phone.

the cheapest bluetooth phone is the k700 at 129. important specs:
    radio
    camera w/ flash
    video
    bluetooth
    infra-red
    40mb memory (no memory card but what do you expect for 129).

the k700 is the best phone around for the money but the myc4-2 looks nicer and is 30 quid cheaper. if you can stretch to it get the k700

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jones wrote:
    Basically what is says on the tin my girlfriend recently broke her phone and i'm getting her a new one as its coming up to christmas money is tight so i dont want to spend over €100. anyone have an recommmendations??
    would like a phone with bluetooth or at least an infrared connection:confused:

Few things you might want to include
    Vodafone, O2 or Meteor etc?
    PAYG or Billpay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Clearly you aren't very up to date with the cost of phones :D

You won't get any sort of a decent phone with bluetooth for 100. For that price you'll get all of the lower ends phones aimed at younger teenagers and people who don't care much for features like the j300i, Sagem my x5-2, 3200, etc.

Speaking of which actually for under 100 you can get the 3200 on all networks. It has infra-red and a radio but its a crap phone.

For 129 you can Get a Sony Ericsson k700i. Fantastic phone with radio, bluetooth, high quality vga camera and great memory capacity.

You'd want to be looking to spend closer to 200 for any sort of a decent Nokia phone with Bluetooth really....

edit: The k700i doesn't have a flash as someone mentioned above but it does have a better then nothing led light of sorts. :)

The above is based on the assumption that you are looking for rtg phones...

And why not try the second hand market? 150-ish will get you a lovely phone with bluetooth and all the trimmings in most cases. Sometimes even cheaper. 120-130 should get you a Nokia 6230, lovely little phone with good camera, radio and bluetooth.

edit: The k700i doesn't have a flash as someone mentioned above but it does have a better then nothing led light of sorts. :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k700-692.php
    gsmarena wrote:
    Camera VGA, 640x480 pixels, video, flash

i know its an led but its classed as a flash. its the best there is on a phone

Surely Flash means just that: A Flash. Not a constant poor led light. :D

But Fair enough, if thats what they call it.....;)

The Sharp GX higher class Series all have Decent Lights on them, with varying colours, I always loved that about them :D

Some of the newer Motos have leds as well, like the E1000.

Nothing beats a proper flash though like on the 6680. But a led is much better then nothing. Does come in handy

• Advertisement

Nothing beats a proper flash though like on the 6680. But a led is much better then nothing. Does come in handy

i hate to correct you again but the 6680 has an led flash :v: :D
    gsmarena wrote:
    integrated LED-based flash
    http://www.gsmarena.com/news-detail105.php

Yes but my point was -

The k700i doesn't have a "flash". Its a constant led light that you either turn on or off.

The 6680 has a real flash, i.e, it gives a decent flash upon taking picture

Think thats clear enough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i'd go with the nokia 3200 or 3220 they're around €80-90 and include €80 free call credit

Yes but my point was -

The k700i doesn't have a "flash". Its a constant led light that you either turn on or off.

The 6680 has a real flash, i.e, it gives a decent flash upon taking picture

Think thats clear enough :D

you mean you cant get it to flash when you're taking a picture !?!?!?? :eek: :eek: :eek: that makes no sense. surely it would be an easy thing to do.

that's ghey. i see your point now. its not a flash, its a light

i'd go with the nokia 3200 or 3220 they're around €80-90 and include €80 free call credit

don't. the 3200 is a piece of crap and the rubber things rub off every 3220 within weeks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

don't. the 3200 is a piece of crap and the rubber things rub off every 3220 within weeks

Not on my sisters one, although they did go all yellow which made it look like crap :eek:

Advertisement