Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, eh, what's it all about?

Options
  • 29-11-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

You tease!

Is this just a replacement front page or something different? If the latter, what additional content are you going to throw up there, in addition to the usual latest posts/blogs etc?

I remember, probably some years back now, DeVore outlining an idea to draw on the vast resources of knowledge and opinion that boardsies are often very willing to share, and shape it into something more than your average bulletin board site.

It's something we've begun to gradually see happen, with the PI board, and perhaps more relevant, the music and film review boards. I wonder, will these be integrated into the portal page, creating an online magazine of sorts? It presumably would be fairly straight-forward to add a 'top 5 most recent reviews' section to the portal or whatever, and would change the whole dynamic of those boards, as well as the portal (well, whatever dynamic that has/will have, or something).

So I'm wondering, is that the kind of idea - to hammer magazine-style content from the reams of daily threads?

I hope so!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Yes how is it a portal and not a front page?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

because cloud is compiling php code that grabs latest posts, new polls and users online from the database and making a .php file that shows this up with the current users style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Heh!

The idea is to have another entry point to pages, portals relating to particular communities, and hell, maybe even some free blogs :)

J.
    --

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement