Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LE32T51B - 32in on special at komplett this week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

air wrote:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314468&view=detailed
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone has purchased this and / or found any reviews on the web about it?

I reckon for this price you would pick up something fairly similar but that also has a HDMI connection also. Therefore it still seems a bit pricey! However probably better then most retail outlets. Somewhere like www.katronics.de would be good if you are going down this road! they charge €80 for delivery to Ireland from what i gather from previous threads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Thanks for the reply ice!
    The price on the samsung looks about the same on both sites taking delivery into account.
    Would you care to recommend a 32in LCD around that price range with HDMI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

air wrote:
    Thanks for the reply ice!
    The price on the samsung looks about the same on both sites taking delivery into account.
    Would you care to recommend a 32in LCD around that price range with HDMI?

I could be wrong and I guess its probably worth a phone call to katronics, but their samsung even though it seems to be the same model, might ne next version or something, is listed as having a HDMI connection plus 3 scart connections as opposed to 2 on komplett's specification sheet and no HDMI. These two differences alone is substantial to lean towards the katronics model. However a phone call would be best. There was some threads from a chap called Maxwell if you browse back on earlier postings who bought from there and swore by then for service , communication etc.

I know the Sharp Aquos was 1169 with HDMI connection in Harvey normans a few weeks back 32" that is , but the resolution was lower then what most offer at the moment. The Philips 32" 5320 ( i think thats the model) is around €1300 or soemthing , dont know whether it has HDMI. I myself was tormented for weeks trying to decide. In the end I compromised with the dell model 26" which was HD ready , no HDMI , but an adaptor can be got should you require it, it was 565euros reduced from 749, unbelivable deal , check it out in the Bargains threads. Coming up to Christmas and all i just couldnt afford 1300euros. For 565 it was too hard to ignore!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D

Jaysus that Dell is unreal value all right, this Samsung isnt for me though.
    Just bought the Dell myself!
    Might advise my friend to go with the Samsung from katronics.
    Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Just FYI, Pixmania are doing the same Samsung for €1094 (+€28 DHL). I know they've got bad press but if you've had success with them in the past it looks like a good deal. Katronics have a Sharp LC32P50E (with HDMI) for €1160. Mind you, DID's website have the same model for €1299. So for an extra €50 you could walk in and pick one up. Or haggle.

• Advertisement

The Sharp in DID sounds like a good deal and hassle free hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I'm just doing my ecker on this stuff now. Plan to wait for the new year sales before stumping up the dough. Interestingly, since I posted the Pixmania price, it's gone up to €1112. Still a good price from what price tracking I've done so far. Although, with this kind of kit, I'm more inclined to buy in a shop rather than have it shipped. Especially if something goes wrong and it needs to be returned.

Edit: Linky for Sharp in DID.

Cheers for the link FDM, I think he ordered the Samsung from Komplett last night, IMHO the Samsung is better looking (aesthetically, when it's off anyways ;) ) than the Sharp unit anyway.

I was lucky to get the Dell 26" just before they sold out, thanks again to ice for the heads up!

Advertisement