Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD on Ice

Options
  • 29-11-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone be up for some ice-skating followed by some beering to numb the pain?

Smithfield is open until the 8th of january. Its €14 per person and if we get 20 people to go (I can dream cant I!!) it would be €12.50 per person.

Could be a bit of a laugh and its something different.

Anyone up for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm scared of ice-skating:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I haven't got much desire to horribly embarass myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

I'll do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

heheh good man rasher!

ah gwan lads it'd be fun. you can hang on to the sides if you're really scared!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'm banned from ever ice skating again. i smashed my kneecap into eight pieces in second year :D

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote:
    i'm banned from ever ice skating again. i smashed my kneecap into eight pieces in second year :D

how the hell did you manage that ya mentalist???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

ill go if im around. Depends a lot when we do it. Haven't gone ice skating in years but im sure it will come back to me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

UCD on ice, lmao :D

I might be interested in this :) I've never gone ice-skating before :o

tis a bit like roller blading if ya ever done that

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

or skiing uphill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

B-K-DzR wrote:
    tis a bit like roller blading if ya ever done that
    It's a bit like HORRIBLE, SKIDDING, ICY DEATH....*ahem*
    I'm not really an ice-skating type of person, unfortunately. Had, and seen, too many accidents

Never had any accidents personally but im always quick to pull my finger in whenever i do fall (dont wanna get em sliced in anyway by a passing outta control "stuntman")

long story. i wasn't even drunk or anything, i just went smack down on the ice in the final five minutes and it was goodnite vienna.

i was goin around the eng building on crutches for ages - i owe the feckin lift a pint for all the trips on it. also me had to come and go by the goods entrance for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

So thats why you were on crutches that time? Like many other ppl it seems ice-skating and myself dont match all that well! Which is a pity cos its something I'd love to be good at...and the alchol would numb the pain - although I should probably not be such an alco! Ah what the hay sure put me down for it, I'll provide entertainment for the rest of you anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

I'm in.

I love ice skating, the cold, the fear, the pain. It's invigourating.:D

Went last year with Sci Fi Soc
    (well, technically I went with them - but in reality I never gained admittance to their clique and so more bought a ticket and went skating at the same time as them than anything else...)

i'll certainly go if there's a spectator area. my mum will kick me outta the house if i ever skate again!

hehe deadly!

apparently in the RDS rink we could get a discount if we get a group of 10...whereas in smithfield it only applies to groups of 20 or over.

i reckon we could manage 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

Yeah, 10 is possible. Also, the RDS is cheaper during off peak hours(I don't which hours they refer to). I don't know if it applies to a group discount though.

like i've said before i'm scared of ice skating but might be interested as going as a spectator

hot chocolate, wooly winter clothes.... watchin people fall.........hell i'm definately in!!!:v: *

*terms and conditions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm going ice skating with my class in about an hour... yay :v:

but I'd happily go again with ye all

• Advertisement

apparently if we go to smithfield before 4:30pm its only €9.50 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

On a thursday night night just to let ya know they have a comedian in the commenytry box in the rds and he takes the piss of all the skaters on the ice rink-v.funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You don't want me there, I'd just complain about everything.

Mainly the cold... And falling over... And pain... Etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I value my unbroken lims and still attached fingers too much to go ice skating! I would be a moving disaster zone on an ice rink so probably wont go, good idea all the same, a break from the norm and all that. Is there paintball of some description we could viably go to when its warmer? UCD boards vs Trinity boards or somesuch?

Is there paintball of some description we could viably go to when its warmer? UCD boards vs Trinity boards or somesuch?

Now that, my dear, is an excellent idea!

We shall have to see what we can do! :p

paintballing on ice?? hows that for an idea!>

Is there paintball of some description we could viably go to when its warmer? UCD boards vs Trinity boards or somesuch?

Whats the point? we'd run rings around them geeks ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

paintballing on ice, lmao :p

Did anyone else hear the ad on the radio about Kart-City paintballing being free up until Christmas? You only have to pay for the ammo.

I don't know about the details other than that (ie. how many you need etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

If i want a cold wet ar*e i'll sit on a bag of ice-cubes in the comfort of me own home or local hostility....... Bah!! Humbug!!!

• Advertisement

boneless wrote:
    Bah!! Humbug!!!
    well thats the spirit.....

o no wait its not...what was i thinkin:rolleyes:

Advertisement