Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a Freelance Web Designer

Options
  • 29-11-2005 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hey, setting up a business but need to find a reputable freelance web designer who could give us a good deal? Any suggestions appreciated! Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Any particular reason why you are opting for the a freelance designer?

Are you looking for a graphic designer to do the graphics for the site or to make the whole site?

Can you give more details?

Company Type:
    Target Market:
    Expectations for site:
    etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Any particular reason why you are opting for the a freelance designer?

Because we'd prefer to give our money to an individual. We're starting off in business too so would like to support a person as opposed to a conglomerate.

Are you looking for a graphic designer to do the graphics for the site or to make the whole site?

Erm not really au fait with this tbh. It's going to be concentating on visuals/photographs so I guess a designer

Can you give more details?

Company Type: Make-Up Artists
    Target Market: Any female who takes pride in their appearance and wants to look beautiful
    Expectations for site: Really a demonstration of our work, something pretty rudimentary really but a good link to be directed to from fashion-based sites.

Thanks a million for your reply Shrimp, any help appreciated ;)

Ok, well to be honest the kind of site you have described is very simple, nothing major there really. Depending on the amount of products you wish to display it could quite possibly be done in a day.

I've pm'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Where's you source of revenue Fluff?
    Is this website just for demonstartion of work, or do you have plans to use it to form a bigger part of your business model?
    Perhaps you could plan about selling recommended products on the site. - maybe people could sign up for "make-up" news... this would give you a good database of (potential) clients.
    Do you have a make-up studio?
    Based in one location only?

Just threw in the above so you can get the best out of your site.
    Always keep thinking of possibilities to further the income stream :)

whiskeyman wrote:
    Where's you source of revenue Fluff?
    Is this website just for demonstartion of work, or do you have plans to use it to form a bigger part of your business model?
    Perhaps you could plan about selling recommended products on the site. - maybe people could sign up for "make-up" news... this would give you a good database of (potential) clients.
    Do you have a make-up studio?
    Based in one location only?

Just threw in the above so you can get the best out of your site.
    Always keep thinking of possibilities to further the income stream :)

Hello Mr. Whiskey, Yeah, website is more of an online portfolio than anything else to demonstrate how gorgeous we can make girlies become with our artistic skills lol. Recommended products will come later, have to build a reputation for ourselves before big-name brands would entertain us. Don't have a studio because this is very much a mobile make-up idea, going to be travelling to homes and hold parties on make-up tips etc so we're talking South County Dublin as it's where me and the bird I'm going into business live. Thing is, I actually work for a website myself and our team have been nominated for a www.goldenspiders.ie tomorrow night so may be a good place to make some enquiries when I go tomorrow night....work with some of the best in the country but don't want them to know I'm moonlighting hehe :D

• Advertisement

Miss Fluff wrote:
    me and the bird

May I ask if your a guy or a girl? It's just not usual that a girl would call another girl a bird. Kinda off topic i know... but...:cool:

LOL I'm a girl, call some of my female friends bird or birdie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scdub

hi, im a freelance web designer and would be happy to talk with you about this if you're still interested..

I think she might have found someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

If you havn't found someone let me know, I need the cash to get my car loan paid off for :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

there seems to be a few interested in designing your site Miss Fluff.

if i was you i'd hedge my bets.

ask for some mock ups and choose your favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

paper clips right
    if u have a few interested get a few samples before committing to part with any money

i am a fairly acclomplished freelancer and am currently working a redesign dublins raidió na life and site for a new rte program

i have a very good flash site in mind that i done once but wasn't used (money probs not bad design) if still interesed in seeing work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

its one thing looking at someoens portfolio, but getting them to do samples before you pick is madness, and any self respecting, professional person would not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

heggie wrote:
    its one thing looking at someoens portfolio, but getting them to do samples before you pick is madness, and any self respecting, professional person would not apply.

it's called a proposal, and it's quite common. it doesn't take too long to do a site mock up.

you could check out this site Miss Fluff http://www.worth1000.com

seems to be mostly logo design, but i'd say you can commision site design too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

heggie wrote:

ones like yourself yea? don't see you making any better sugestions when you have a group of freelancers non with a vast portfolio it really seems the best plan. i'm sure none would mind providing a quick mock up jpg as some idea of what they will do

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

break it up ladies, I don't want to litter the Digital Art / Design banlist with the names of talented digital artists if I can avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Hey, setting up a business but need to find a reputable freelance web designer who could give us a good deal? Any suggestions appreciated! Cheers ;)
    Naughty, naughty Miss Fluff :mad:

This is the 3rd place I've seen this posted! If other designers like me are willing to help you out then it would help us out if we knew we were posting to a thread that will be read again. :)

EDIT: Apologies, 2nd place (I mixed you up with another poster...:o ), but same principle applies.;)

Advertisement