Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Battery Charger?

Options
  • 29-11-2005 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

So, my gf left the light on in the car last night. :rolleyes:
    Anyway - battery dead this morning. What are my options?

Obviously I could get someone with jump leads to jump-start - then drive around for an hour or so - to charge up the battery...

Alternatively - does anywhere sell battery chargers at a reasonable price that would do the job?

The car is a 1.0 litre Opel Agila btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Or push start it :)

Battery charges should be available from a motor factors, try halfords and the like

BTW if you jumpstart, you don't need to drive for an hour - 15 minutes should be more than enough to fully charge the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Tried the push start - not sure if i was doing it right though - found a quick guide on some web-site - but it didn't kick in.

Any idea on the price of the chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Should be able to pick one up for less than 20Eur. Argos have one for 25 Eur.
    I got an energy station a few years back, it has a built in battery and leads, so that you can jump start without a second car. Also has a compressor for pumping up the tyres, cost about 60 or 70Eur.
    Good luck with it.

Advertisement