Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony memory card, is it bogus?

• 29-11-2005 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i bought a 1GB High SPEED Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo For PSP.

the guy said it would work on my sony k750i.

it dont.

thing is, it fits in the phone, but not in the memory card adaptor.

msacm2.jpg

quesiton is, if this is for psp, should it work on my k750i?

should it fit in the adaptor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

All MS DUO PRO cards are the same - perhaps there is a formatting issue - did you format the card when you put it into the K750. I also find it a bit strange that you cant get the adaptor to work - i've used them in the past with no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Occassionally you can get a faulty card - i got one that wouldnt format with my F-828 camera. Bring your card and device into the store and check it against another. Ps the shop i bought mine from replaced it on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Lads, will ye take the time to read the post:
    it fits in the phone, but not in the memory card adaptor.
    he didn't say it doesn't work in the adaptor, etc, he said it doesn't physically fit, you can format to your hearts content and it won't make the card fit!!!
    Bring it back to where you got it, the MS PRO DUO should fit into the adaptor like a hand into a glove... Unless you're trying to put it in upside down that is ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thesteve wrote:
    Lads, will ye take the time to read the post:
    he didn't say it doesn't work in the adaptor, etc, he said it doesn't physically fit, you can format to your hearts content and it won't make the card fit!!!
    Bring it back to where you got it, the MS PRO DUO should fit into the adaptor like a hand into a glove... Unless you're trying to put it in upside down that is ;)

ye, the 64mb card that comes with the phone, fits into the adaptor no problem, this one didn't go in properly, very tight and not fully.

i got it on ebay, pain in the hole, i'll have to send it back!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

as said above the same cards work in both the psp and the k750i and it should fit the adapter snugly with a little 'click' as it goes in fully, i have a sandisk one that came with the adapter and it works fine in my k750i, do you have a memory card reader that you could try it on too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I've a Sony 2gb card which I bought for my psp, which is pretty much the same card, it fits snugly into that exact adaptor, its weird that yours doesn't....only difference between the cards is the fact that mine isn't high speed.

Advertisement