Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 points as commander in one round for Ribbon

Options
  • 29-11-2005 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

To get the staff officer ribbon, you need 50 commander points in one round.
    I have played 15 hours as commander and the most I have managed is 48 points in one round. anyone any ideas, hints, tips etc etc

thanks

K11

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You need to play a round that lasts a long time and one of the best ways if to find a 64-man server but with only a few people playing on it. This will ensure a lot of flag captures and a lot of points for you.

For example right now there are 13 people playing on this 64-man server. As long as more people don't join the game *should* go on long enough for you to get the points needed.

GameSpy Arena: Ranked 5 32 PUB 69.93.77.107:16567

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Ponster is dead right, I got 100+ commander points in a round simply because it lasted so long. It also helps if you have good squads who do what you ask. Also, depending on the situation, if you see a bunch of enemy soldiers you may be better off letting one of your squads take them out rather than putting some arti on them, you'll get more command points that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

stat whoring tbh.
    Joining large games with only a few players for the purposes of reaching a certain score that you would not normally be able to achieve is stat whoring, and its not cool.

All for what?
    A single bit on the EA servers gets flipped. thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    stat whoring tbh.
    Joining large games with only a few players for the purposes of reaching a certain score that you would not normally be able to achieve is stat whoring, and its not cool.

All for what?
    A single bit on the EA servers gets flipped. thats it.

Earning badges and ribbons etc is an integral part of the game, and if its an aspect of the game that he/she likes, and its in the spirit of the game, then I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, as long as it doesn't detract from other players enjoyment, eg tking for the hell of it, or because someone took 'your' jet.

Anyway best of luck with the ribbon 100gSoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

As above try to get a long game with loads of tickets. Only today I saw a guy get 150 points as commander, which was doubled for the win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement