Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 women choose to marry husband.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hobbes wrote:
    Not too sure why women are not allowed drive cars though. Whats the reason for that then?

Thats an odd one alright (the car thing).

As for the women choosing husbands, its not unheard of and I think the prophets first wife asked him to marry her.

As for the driver, I am not sure if he is very lucky or you know gonna be in hell with 4 wives, a bit of both maybe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

...and 4 mothers anf fathers in law and extended families. He must have a fair few bob too as the Quran says you must provide and treat each wife equally in every way. That's not marriage, it's a balancing act :D Polygamy sounds great on the surface, but I'd say the familial pressure is pretty high.

Never got the whole car thing myself either. I mean we know about women drivers but........:)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

In the news story it mentions the women would subsidise him to ensure he can maintain them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's a fair bit of equality going on there, in fairness. The practicalities of marrying them all together(or closely together) might be a nightmare if any of the weddings I've known are anything to go on.

They sound like very practical women who know what they want and go for it, I must say. He may have his work cut out for him. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Zanza

Hobbes wrote:
    Not too sure why women are not allowed drive cars though. Whats the reason for that then?
    From what I heared, women can't drive in KSA (or muslim women shouldn't drive) because its like an excuse to be alone; say a woman had a car accident with a guy, therefore they'll have to fix the problem. Islam disagree withe concept of women doing (mingling -spl?) with men.

Once I read why driving is forbidden for women in the women section at the mosque there, but I tottaly forgot :p (I think maybe because it didn't make much sense to me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Women driving makes adultery easier - when bikes became widespread in Ireland priests spoke out against them because it'd let young men go to parishes where they weren't known.

Advertisement