Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service for a Megane?

Options
  • 29-11-2005 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

My 04 Megane (1.4 petrol) needs a service soon and I was wondering...

Should I bring it to the main dealers in town who will charge me €160 for their standard service (note: I didn't buy the car new from here)?

Or stick with my local garage who will probably do the same job a fair bit cheaper but who won't have access to all the Renault computers, gadgets, etc. if they're needed for the service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

starman100 wrote:
    My 04 Megane (1.4 petrol) needs a service soon and I was wondering...

Should I bring it to the main dealers in town who will charge me €160 for their standard service (note: I didn't buy the car new from here)?

Or stick with my local garage who will probably do the same job a fair bit cheaper but who won't have access to all the Renault computers, gadgets, etc. if they're needed for the service?

For a service all you need is oil change, new diesel/oil/air filter....get them to check pollen filter as well......petrol so change the spark plugs......I buy all the parts myself and get a mate of mine who is a mechanic to do the service itself!! alot cheaper than going to a garage

My bro was getting a garage service for last few years on his audi,.....they never checked the timing belt on his car and it went one day....brought car down to them....over a month later they had fixed....tried to charge him over a grand for what was there fault:rolleyes: I cant tell you on here wat he said but it was colourful!! he wont be going back!!

Alot of people think that a garage service is great but half the time they do it half ars*ed!!! my car when I bought was supposed to be fully serviced....got my mate to check it over last week.....air filter was never changed....the pollen filter looked to be the same one that was in there when it was shipped out new(00 model)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

The only concern I'd have is if there are any outstanding recalls against the car - Renualt are bad for this in my experience, no press notice, but when your car goes in for a service there a number of recalls to be actioned. (based on past experience)

Not sure how you could find out - any chance there are some Renault fan sites out there with a list of such things?

Paddy

Advertisement