Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with tail gators?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

eireal wrote:
    Here's a would be solution,The kits are for show use only but id say they would scare the bejaysus out of someone sitting on your bumper

This is one of my friends cars,He says this works a treat on tail gators...
    http://www.dizzpics.com/Vids/Flamer1.3gp
    http://www.dizzpics.com/Vids/Flamer2.3gp
    Where can I get this item???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Illegal I'm sure... I remember an episode of Pimp my Ride USA (where anything goes! :)) where they did this to someone's car, and the manager made them take it off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

fletch wrote:
    Hence the reason I said "generalisation accepted"...I know there are instances where somebody may be tail gating you for no reason, like on a single lane road hence the reason that I mentioned the "overtaking lane" implying a dual-carraigeway/motorway
    Sorry about that Fletch I actually meant to quote Nuttzy's reply and was backing your point not knocking it :)
    Big Nelly wrote:
    First off in an estate or even on a back road if you are in front of someone and you see that they are trying to get ahead there is a number of things you can do.....first use full headlights when possible so they can see in front of you in case anything is coming...or there is a cornor.....then also if you go around a cornor and you are on a straight stretch a few flashes of the indicator will tell driver behind that road is clear to pass....this is easy and will first get person behind you off your ass and save alot of distress on both parts.....prob is loads of people still dont know about this.....on road to Athboy other day......lorry in front....around cornor and flick of indicator....car in front sits behind....lorry only doing about 30....know road well so I pass by both and them and then flick on emergency to thank driver......how easy was that????????
    That the first I heard of that, what page in the rules of the road is it? It certainly is easy alright...... the easist way of getting yourself killed on a road I've seen or heard of for a while. Personally I wouldn't overtake a vehical till I can see that the road is clear regardless of how much flashing of his indicator the guy in front is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen an interesting thing tonight on the usual trip on the way home.

On the dual carriage way in front of me on the inside lane was a Saxo with an L plate up on the rear window. The inside lane was pretty busy and every one seemed to be doing around the 100kph mark. Anyway the Saxo moved into the overtaking lane and proceeded to overtake the first car in front of it. The Saxo must have been doing 105kph on the outside lane and was making little or no progress at overtaking the cars on the inside lane doing the same speed. The Saxo stayed in the outside lane for about 2 miles making no progress.

Then a Saab approached him from behind still keeping a bit of distance, kind of waiting for him to complete his maneuver and move back into the inside lane. So the Saxo overtakes the first car and there is a good gap between that car and the next one on the inside lane for the Saxo to pull back in. Instead the Saxo decided to stay on the outside lane and try and catch up with the next car without really making any progress. By now the Saab driver is getting a bit impatient and starts flashing the Saxo to give trying to catch the next car and just pull back into the inside lane. The Saxo didn't and this went on for about another half mile, then the Saab came right up to the rear bumper of the Saxo and flashed him again. The Saxo then increased speed a little and as I can only describe as inexperience made a panic move and suddenly moved back into the inside lane nearly clipping the front of another car in the inside lane. Luckily the other car half anticipated this and hit the brakes. A serious accident barley avoided.

Anyway my thoughts on this are that both the Saxo and Saab drivers should share the blame here. The Saxo driver for trying to overtake traffic that was not moving any faster than himself/herself was willing to do. I also think the Saab driver was at fault for trying to intimidate the other driver which resulted him/her into panicing and making a dangerous maneuver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

shabbyroad wrote:
    I'm getting good insight here. I used to have difficulty understanding why there are so many deaths on our roads.

" a few flashes of the indicator will tell driver behind that road is clear to pass"
    bull**** and you know it, where the **** did you learn to drive ?

"....know road well so I pass by both and them and then flick on emergency to thank driver......how easy was that???????? "
    easy yes, stupid even moreso
    among the final thoughts of many a driver "... know road well..."

lol.....read the rules book again! that will help you!! I know loads of clown that read the book cover to cover and still go out and crash! I have been on the roads for over 10 years now and not one crash! not even a hint! have you that record? prob no! if you knew how to drive you would know about lorrys doing that! not even on back roads but this is a common occurance on the N3......thats the problem with some people!! too busy reading the rule book and then go head first into someone and blame everyone else for it!!
    Cucullan wrote:
    That the first I heard of that, what page in the rules of the road is it? It certainly is easy alright...... the easist way of getting yourself killed on a road I've seen or heard of for a while. Personally I wouldn't overtake a vehical till I can see that the road is clear regardless of how much flashing of his indicator the guy in front is doing.

Again if you had a clue about driving you would know this!! keep ur head stuck in the rule book all you want!! cause it is the most useless bit of information I have ever seen in my life!!! slow drivers and not passing is the reason for crashs....why cant the Garda give people a ticket for being a slow ass! they can do it in US!! e.g. someone driving on N3...lorry doing about 30-50 because of heavy load....you sit behind him wiating for a a "clear" road as you say.....next person comes up and does the same....end up with a line of traffic all doing about 30 while you sit behind lorry doing nothing....he indicates to tell you to pass! you do nothing!! cars behind get pissed and then make a dangerous movement to try and go past instead of sitting there for next 20 miles doing 30.....crash!! well done.....read the rules of the road! that will help you!!

Just as a matter of fact where you both from? just a general question!!!

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Lots of people here are assuming theres an overtaking (or as a big electronic sign on the N3 at Clonsilla recently claimed: FAST) lane to get past in.

But what about these twisty narrow roads (like parts of the N3) that are posted as 100 kph?? (just asking for accidents really) and where there's no room to let the idiot past you??

Or the stretch in Navan that limits you to 60kph and where the hard shoulder is usually filled with cars... what do you do there?

Fact of the matter is this.. if someone is moving at the posted limit (or close to it) there's absolutely no reason for ANYONE to be tailgating them, except that there's too much ego behind the wheel, and not enogh brains/cop on! For those who are unaware, the posted limit is an upper maximum, and regardless should be driven at a speed suitable for the given conditions at the time. Personally I always try to drive at around the limit whenever possible, but STILL I have people sitting on my bumper a lot of the time.

I know this road....why not pull into hard shoulder and let them pass if they want too? I do it all the time! saves stress on you and stress on them!! problem is you have people going under the limit and then sitting in the middle of the road making sure there is no hope to pass them
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I always love when people here get on their high horses and spout their holier-than-thou comments about learners and such, and then turn around and complain that they can't BREAK THE POSTED SPEED LIMITS when they want to!

There is surveys(dont ask me but heard about it) out there that show learner drivers are the people most at risk for crashs!! nothing about speed limits....just they dont know how to drive correctly....most dont know the rules of the road.....dont know how to indicate at a roundabout....and so on!!! cant remember anyone on here coming on and saying they wanted to break the speed limits?????? link??? this thread and what I am saying is about people driving well under the limit or hogging a lane(look above) and not letting people pass!!!

problem with this country is someone buys a car....get insurance and is allowed out on road next day when they havent driven before! this is a recipy for disaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

In my experience Tail-gaters don't realise that they are doing anything wrong. They think that somebody driving safely and sensibly while ensuring that they are not a danger to themselves and others are just idiots and see them as being an obstruction on the road.

This logic of course entitle them to then drive 9.5 inches away from your rear bumper, thus encouraging you to drive like the skilled experienced driver that they are. They're driving long enough to do this safely and there is no risk that they will put you or your kids in a wheelchair for life.

On the typical dry, gravel-free, Irish road with excellent visibilty thanks to our sunny days and evenings these guys can easily decelerate from 60-80MPH to a standstill with a 2 or three foot stopping distance. Impressive stuff.

Personally, I think that anyone who happily endangers my car, health and wellbeing by attempting to drive up my rectum is a vegetable and I hate each one of you tail-gating pr1cks with a passion.

To me the typical tail-gater has an arrogant, irritating personality, looks like they're missing chromosomes and they usually beat their wife/children. They need to be taken out of the gene pool - I favour execution by having an over-weight, low-IQ, beer-bellied, classy-driver, photocopier-salesman, white-van-man crash into the back of their "classy motor" at speed.

No flowers or funeral - leave their entrails on the road to turn green as a warning to all the other tail-gaters from that same pi55-poor gene pool.

Raiser wrote:
    Personally, I think that anyone who happily endangers my car, health and wellbeing by attempting to drive up my rectum is a vegetable and I hate each one of you tail-gating pr1cks with a passion.

To me the typical tail-gater has an arrogant, irritating personality, looks like they're missing chromosomes and they usually beat their wife/children. They need to be taken out of the gene pool - I favour execution by having an over-weight, low-IQ, beer-bellied, classy-driver, photocopier-salesman, white-van-man crash into the back of their "classy motor" at speed.

No flowers or funeral - leave their entrails on the road to turn green as a warning to all the other tail-gaters from that same pi55-poor gene pool.

You have a problem with road rage?????

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

bazz26 wrote:
    Anyway my thoughts on this are that both the Saxo and Saab drivers should share the blame here. The Saxo driver for trying to overtake traffic that was not moving any faster than himself/herself was willing to do. I also think the Saab driver was at fault for trying to intimidate the other driver which resulted him/her into panicing and making a dangerous maneuver.
    The Saab is responsible to a much lesser extent IMO.
    The L driver should be aware (as indeed everyone should) that once they have passed the vehicle they were overtaking they should move back into the driving lane.
    The L driver should be monitoring his/her mirrors (as indeed everyone should) and be aware of approaching traffic so that they can pull out of the way if needs be.
    The L driver should (as indeed everyone should) be aware of the capabilities of their car in terms of trying to overtake, how long it will take, etc. Would he/she have performed this same manouver on a non dual carriagway?
    The L driver should (as indeed everyone should) not get into a position whereby they can get intimidated for something that they could have easily avoided.
    The L driver should (as indeed everyone should) ensure its safe before they move back into the driving lane.
    If the L driver was not up to scratch then they shouldn't be out on their own!
    All this however, doesn't give the Saab driver carte blanche to intimidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Illegal I'm sure... I remember an episode of Pimp my Ride USA (where anything goes! :)) where they did this to someone's car, and the manager made them take it off again.

The pimp my ride one was hooked up to the fuel tank so it was a flame thrower so to speak,Id say youd be in serious sh!t if caught blasting this down the road but then again ive seen many and evo and wrx backfire big flames under acceleration.

@lumpbasher - the cheapest place for them is ebay,just make sure its a full kit if you buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I would never trust another road user to tell me that it was safe to pass unless I myself could see that the road was clear.

I was waiting to turn right into my road last night with a fair bit of oncoming traffic moving by slowly past me. One of those cars took it upon himself to let me across which was fair enough and I appreciated the courtesy.

He started flashing his lights at me to move on. What he hadn't seen however was that there were pedestrians crossing my road to his left while he was looking right at me. Had I trusted him I would have ended up with a person (or people) on my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Raiser wrote:
    They are vegetables alright. Ever notice how many tailgaters just sit on your back bumper and don't even attempt to overtake even though the road may be perfectly clear ahead. You see them in the mirror crouched forward at the wheel with their mouth open, a death grip on the steering wheel and staring at the patch of road six inches in front of their car. They're braindead morons driving along purely on instinct and without putting any thought whatsoever into their driving. They know that you press the accelerator to go, turn the wheel to steer and press the brake to stop and that's about it. They're like the zombies wandering around the shopping mall in the film "Dawn of the Dead".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kbannon wrote:
    The Saab is responsible to a much lesser extent IMO.
    The L driver should be aware (as indeed everyone should) that once they have passed the vehicle they were overtaking they should move back into the driving lane.
    The L driver should be monitoring his/her mirrors (as indeed everyone should) and be aware of approaching traffic so that they can pull out of the way if needs be.
    The L driver should (as indeed everyone should) be aware of the capabilities of their car in terms of trying to overtake, how long it will take, etc. Would he/she have performed this same manouver on a non dual carriagway?
    The L driver should (as indeed everyone should) not get into a position whereby they can get intimidated for something that they could have easily avoided.
    The L driver should (as indeed everyone should) ensure its safe before they move back into the driving lane.
    If the L driver was not up to scratch then they shouldn't be out on their own!
    All this however, doesn't give the Saab driver carte blanche to intimidate.

Agree with you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Big Nelly wrote:
    lol.....read the rules book again! that will help you!! I know loads of clown that read the book cover to cover and still go out and crash! I have been on the roads for over 10 years now and not one crash! not even a hint! have you that record? prob no! if you knew how to drive you would know about lorrys doing that! not even on back roads but this is a common occurance on the N3......thats the problem with some people!! too busy reading the rule book and then go head first into someone and blame everyone else for it!!

Again if you had a clue about driving you would know this!! keep ur head stuck in the rule book all you want!! cause it is the most useless bit of information I have ever seen in my life!!! slow drivers and not passing is the reason for crashs....why cant the Garda give people a ticket for being a slow ass! they can do it in US!! e.g. someone driving on N3...lorry doing about 30-50 because of heavy load....you sit behind him wiating for a a "clear" road as you say.....next person comes up and does the same....end up with a line of traffic all doing about 30 while you sit behind lorry doing nothing....he indicates to tell you to pass! you do nothing!! cars behind get pissed and then make a dangerous movement to try and go past instead of sitting there for next 20 miles doing 30.....crash!! well done.....read the rules of the road! that will help you!!

Just as a matter of fact where you both from? just a general question!!!

Over 20 years driving here, UK, Europe and the USA. Advanced driving training done. Never 1 accident. Ever. I've witnessed many.

You are the worst kind of expert: a mis-informed arrogant expert. You are a danger to yourself and others because you really believe you are right.

shabbyroad wrote:
    Over 20 years driving here, UK, Europe and the USA. Advanced driving training done. Never 1 accident. Ever. I've witnessed many.

You are the worst kind of expert: a mis-informed arrogant expert. You are a danger to yourself and others because you really believe you are right.

What are you waffling about never 1 accident?????? you havent a clue what you are talking about!!! Advanced driving training?????? when???? where????? my father and uncle had UK licenses they never done advanced training!! you just making stuff up?????

What the f**k allows you to insult me??? you havent a clue who I am or what sort of driver I am!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I have to say that I agree with everything Big_Nelly is saying.....it seems obvious that he is speaking from years of experience of driving. Its like the way when trucks are passing each other out, the truck being passed out will flash its headlights to indicate that the rear of the trucks has passed completely so the passing truck knows that it can move back in.(not in the ROTR, but every trucker will know about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

There's all sorts of advanced driving you can do - both officially sanctioned or private. There's the IOM "advanced licence" for example.
    In Germany I did a performance driving course on a vehicle test facility with skid pans and the like as well as race track. (Eddie Irvine was at the track that day as part of his Ferrari duties at the time - he heard my accent and came over for a chat!)

el tel wrote:
    There's all sorts of advanced driving you can do - both officially sanctioned or private. There's the IOM "advanced licence" for example.
    In Germany I did a performance driving course on a vehicle test facility with skid pans and the like as well as race track. (Eddie Irvine was at the track that day as part of his Ferrari duties at the time - he heard my accent and came over for a chat!)

I know there is advanced driving....can do it for Garda and that but he was saying that years ago you had to do it and not "1" person crashed....which is pure bulls**t to me!!!

fletch wrote:
    I have to say that I agree with everything Big_Nelly is saying.....it seems obvious that he is speaking from years of experience of driving. Its like the way when trucks are passing each other out, the truck being passed out will flash its headlights to indicate that the rear of the trucks has passed completely so the passing truck knows that it can move back in.(not in the ROTR, but every trucker will know about it)

Also used to drive tractors in summer(still do) and when you have a 15ft or so long trailer on the back and someone is trying to pass out I used to give them a flash.....everyone knew what it meant!! I never had a problem with it!! was asking where people are from in original post because I found alot of Dublin people I know never knew of this.....seems to be a thing from the country!!!

Also for those saying about my driving....try reversing a 15-20ft long trailer with a full load and you cant see out the back through a gateway and back about 1000mtr without hitting anything!! how many can do it?? do that and then come back and talk to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Big Nelly wrote:
    I know there is advanced driving....can do it for Garda and that but he was saying that years ago you had to do it and not "1" person crashed....which is pure bulls**t to me!!!

Dudes, I'm not taking any sides here but maybe, apart from the flack that's flying, a few comments have been misconstrued.

When Shabbyroad stated:
    Originally Posted by shabbyroad

I took this to mean that HE had done advanced driving training and HE had never had an accident ever but had WITNESSED many as opposed to suggesting that advanced driving was compulsory and no accidents ever occurred.

Perhaps I'm off the ball completely here so ignore me if that's the case...

• Advertisement

el tel wrote:
    Dudes, I'm not taking any sides here but maybe, apart from the flack that's flying, a few comments have been misconstrued.

When Shabbyroad stated:

I took this to mean that HE had done advanced driving training and HE had never had an accident ever but had WITNESSED many as opposed to suggesting that advanced driving was compulsory and no accidents ever occurred.

Perhaps I'm off the ball completely here so ignore me if that's the case...

Maybe....wasnt getting annoyed with you el_tel.......I got annoyed with his personal insult...I took it that he meant 20 years ago people done advanced driving and they never crashed......sure I have been on road 10 years.....old brother would be near 20 years......neither of us have ever crashed......no advanced training here!!

I have also witnessed a few accidents.....not many......5 at most in all my time driving.....mostly on the death road N3!!

Maybe he isnt in the accident but causing them all:D thats why he sees so many!! you dont have to be in a crash to have caused it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Doolittle51

Originally Posted by el tel

When Shabbyroad stated:

me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have to laugh at all this "flashing to let other road users know what's coming, etc" horsesh*t being bandied about, whilst said users claim to be god's experts to driving. Have any of you actually read the rules of the road?

They state, quite clearly, on more than one occasion, that you do not proceed with a maneuver because another driver says its safe to do so, but when you determine that it's safe to do so. Everything that I've been taught (or read from state literature) to date (and I'm a learner, 1st license - and no I don't drive alone, nor do I "bunnyhop" the car f*ck you very much any little c*nt who wants to imply I do) has been that you trust absolutely nobody else's judgement on the road bar your own. Even a garda waving you on at some sort of road obstacle/meeting point. You complete whatever maneuver it is you're attempting when YOU deem it safe to do so.

Further, I've experienced the tail-gaters, in built up suburbia whilst driving at the speed limit (50kph) and there is utterly no f*cking excuse for you f*cking cock-bites doing what you do.

Begin slightly OT rant

For all the bitchign and whining I see about Learner drivers, those making the critiscms were all learner drivers too - f*cking hypocrites. Pull your heads out of your asses and stop smelling methane because it's obviously giving you a god-complex. There are a lot more than just some learner drivers who make the mistake of calling the _overtaking_ lane on a dual carriageway/motorway the "fast" lane. There'se also a reason why people are called "learner" drivers. Funnily enough because they're "learning" to drive and do not have either the confidence nor the automatic response programmed into their brain yet for situations x, y, z. Showing zero patience for said people only panics them (I can speak from near-term experience on this the first time I experienced a tail-gater). Given their lack of experience, do you _really_ want to panic such people on the roads? Or give them complexes about driving that they become nervous and twitchy at the drop of a hat?

/End slightly OT rant

Tail-gating is dangerous, aggressive driving no matter which way you cut it and you will either distract, piss off, or panic the driver in front of you into an accident, which is both morally repugnant and not to mention blindly f*cking stupid since you're all of about, ooooh ... 1ft from their bumper probably over 50kph. Want to stop in time? :rolleyes: *claps very, very slowly for those too slow to grasp the reality*

Lemming wrote:
    I have to laugh at all this "flashing to let other road users know what's coming, etc" horsesh*t being bandied about, whilst said users claim to be god's experts to driving. Have any of you actually read the rules of the road?

Can you tell me where I said I was God gift? I said I had drove for over 10 years without driving. Then asked a simple question if people want to insult my driving(without even knowing me) then try and back a tractor and trailer and then come back and slag me. Nothing about God. I guess you are refering to me because you refered to my comment.....so please point out to me where I said I was God gift??? because I cant see anything of the sort!!

Oh yeah I have read it!!
    Lemming wrote:
    They state, quite clearly, on more than one occasion, that you do not proceed with a maneuver because another driver says its safe to do so, but when you determine that it's safe to do so. Everything that I've been taught (or read from state literature) to date (and I'm a learner, 1st license - and no I don't drive alone, nor do I "bunnyhop" the car f*ck you very much any little c*nt who wants to imply I do) has been that you trust absolutely nobody else's judgement on the road bar your own. Even a garda waving you on at some sort of road obstacle/meeting point. You complete whatever maneuver it is you're attempting when YOU deem it safe to do so.

does it say anythign about using your indicator to let traffic behind you know there is nothing coming? NO....the flashing refers to coming up to a turn and an on-coming car flashs you. Even was an ad a while back on this. Never said it was in rule book....again can you quote me saying that??

Also I wasnt slagging learner drivers....I said the problem was that someone can buy a car and next day go onto our roads without a clue how to drive.....do you want this to happen? so more people can lose there life!

Other mention of Learner driver was to do with lights and so on......this is a problem because most of these learners havent done enought lessons!! I dont have a problem with learners!! just people who dont bother to take enought lessons so they know the correct rules of road and just plough onto roads and then cause mayhem!! which is our roads at the moment!
    Lemming wrote:
    Further, I've experienced the tail-gaters, in built up suburbia whilst driving at the speed limit (50kph) and there is utterly no f*cking excuse for you f*cking cock-bites doing what you do.

Begin slightly OT rant

For all the bitchign and whining I see about Learner drivers, those making the critiscms were all learner drivers too - f*cking hypocrites. Pull your heads out of your asses and stop smelling methane because it's obviously giving you a god-complex. There are a lot more than just some learner drivers who make the mistake of calling the _overtaking_ lane on a dual carriageway/motorway the "fast" lane.

/End slightly OT rant

Tail-gating is dangerous, aggressive driving no matter which way you cut it and you will either distract, piss off, or panic the driver in front of you into an accident, which is both morally repugnant and not to mention blindly f*cking stupid since you're all of about, ooooh ... 1ft from their bumper probably over 50kph. Want to stop in time? :rolleyes:

Never said tailgating was good or clever! was saying there are way to let these people past you to save you the hastle!!

They had a messaging device on Top Gear a good while ago. It attaches to your rear window.

Like one of those led signs in shops that scroll messages accross.

You could program it to print any preset message at the touch of the button.

Some thing like "Back off!" would do the trick.

Interestingly enough swearwords were blocked on it :)

ronoc wrote:
    They had a messaging device on Top Gear a good while ago. It attaches to your rear window.

Like one of those led signs in shops that scroll messages accross.

You could program it to print any preset message at the touch of the button.

Some thing like "Back off!" would do the trick.

Interestingly enough swearwords were blocked on it :)

Remember that. Would be gas if you could type whatever you wanted into it....see a hot blonde behind you....type and up pops: "Whats ur number hottie?".....also some good cussing could be had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Big Nelly wrote:
    Remember that. Would be gas if you could type whatever you wanted into it....see a hot blonde behind you....type and up pops: "Whats ur number hottie?"
    Or you could use the display to inform her of your trailer reversing skills. Do this and she won't be able to resist ya.
    :)

BrianD3 wrote:
    Or you could use the display to inform her of your trailer reversing skills. Do this and she won't be able to resist ya.
    :)

Can only use that in specific circumstances!! better off telling her how many acres you have and what you quota is!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

A couple of questions/points

- Big Nelly, where do you usually drive?
    Id like to try and avoid that area since Im not totally au fait with the "flash left indicator twice, right once and tap breaks 4 times to indicate the road ahead is clear for reversing 40ft trailers"
    You scare me with your thoughts and interpretations of how someone is supposed to drive.

- If I was overtaking you and you flashed me as I passed I would assume that there is something wrong that you are warning me about or that you are pissed off at me for something. Not that my car had cleared yours as thats a little pseudo rule that you are using. Try using it in court when it causes an accident.

- Tailgating is pointless, it never gets you anywhere faster and its just ignorant and dangerous.

- Flashing people who are driving in the overtaking lane is the only safe way you can let someone know that you are there if they are not aware that you are.

- !!!!!???1111???ONE!!!!1!!!!
    (I am emphasising my point in a highly mature manner, please let me know if you think I need more exclamation marks)

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote:
    A couple of questions/points

- Big Nelly, where do you usually drive?
    Id like to try and avoid that area since Im not totally au fait with the "flash left indicator twice, right once and tap breaks 4 times to indicate the road ahead is clear for reversing 40ft trailers"
    You scare me with your thoughts and interpretations of how someone is supposed to drive.

- If I was overtaking you and you flashed me as I passed I would assume that there is something wrong that you are warning me about or that you are pissed off at me for something. Not that my car had cleared yours as thats a little pseudo rule that you are using. Try using it in court when it causes an accident.

- Tailgating is pointless, it never gets you anywhere faster and its just ignorant and dangerous.

- Flashing people who are driving in the overtaking lane is the only safe way you can let someone know that you are there if they are not aware that you are.

- !!!!!???1111???ONE!!!!1!!!!
    (I am emphasising my point in a highly mature manner, please let me know if you think I need more exclamation marks)

Couldnt be arsed replying to this anymore. If you cant be bothered reading the thread then why should I reply to your so called comments. Thought the kids didnt get out of primary school till 3

Again as usual on boards if you havent got anything decent to say just insult me or the way I post.....next you will say on post 5 on pg 2 you spelt this word wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement