Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Stereo Adivce - Pioneer DEHP70BT

Options
  • 29-11-2005 4:42pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

New Stereo Adivce - Pioneer DEHP70BT

I have this posted in motors too but no real replys, hope someone here has some advice/thoughts

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting the above new stereo for my Car for Crimbo
    It has bluetooth for making/recieving calls through your fone (main reason for considering it)

Just wondering if anyone here has it, knows much about it
    and is it worth it? About €410 inc delivery from UK

Here are the specs Linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Just seen your post and am thinking about getting same. Did you get the unit? Hows it working for you. Any thoughts or advice appreciated. Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have a DEHP70BT, got it a few months ago. It is a nice head unit, I just wouldn't go crazy singing its praises. I've always had Sony head units and loved them and they way they work, usablility ergonomics etc, I think they are best, but they do not have as good reputation with the pro's as Pioneer, Clarion and Alpine. I found past pioneer head untis far too complicated, like a million ways to adjust the sound, overkill in my opinion. The DEHP70BT is actually pretty straigh forward in that area thankfully

The bluetooth thing is quite cool, but when I am on to people they always say that I sound miles away and can't hear me properly.... Maybe that is just the way I have it set up.. I stopped using the bluetooth after a while.

The jog wheel is used for everything, and although firm to touch, it is a little sensitive - instead of going into a funtion, sometiems if you do not press it dead centre, it will skip track instead - very annoying when you are half way though an hour long mp3. The most annoying thing is that fast forwarding is pointless. It is 2x or 3x at best, hopeless for trying to get 20 or 30 mins into a track. The sony's accelerate the longer you hold them.

The remote is ok, pretty basic, but the range is ****e and only works when the wheel is horizontal, not when it is turned more than a few degrees. The sony remote on my last one was brilliant - credit card sized, even worked from outside the car with the doors and windows closed.

Mine currently has a fault in it - see http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054879272
    Probably partly my fault from bad wiring, but still...

Overall, yes it is a good head unit but by no means the best out there. It definitey looks cool, I just exopected perfection when getting their flagship model and paying that much money.

Let me know how you get on.

Advertisement