Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3G or not 3G

• 29-11-2005 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

I just wanted some advice, I currently have a Motorola Razor V3 with O2 bill.

My contract is up and im looking for a new phone.

I was looking at getting the LG phone thats on the 3G website.

- Has anyone got this phone or heard about it?
    - Has anyone any experience of the 3G network?
    - Any good phones you know about?

I'd appreciate any feedback, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

On the plus side it's now only €9 if you sign up for a €60 a month contract
    (€19 and €29 on the €45 and €25 ones)

It doesn't have bluetooth or expandable memory though so it's hardly cutting edge. Most people who I know that have them, like them as they are pretty user friendly. They just don't have as many features as other models.

My advice would be to get the Nokia 6680 if you want to go with 3 now.

If you can wait 3 weeks or so, the V3X Razr and Nokia 6280 will be coming out on 3.

motorola_v3x.jpg

6280.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I heard a few horror stories about that LG phone from the UK - it would freeze up for no reason etc.. I got the SE k608i and I'm dead pleased with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

Thanks for the replies guys,

think im gonna hold out for the Motorola V3X,

rang Three yesterday, and they think it should be out on

13 December, priced on the medium tariff for 119, so not too bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thanks for the replies guys,
    think im gonna hold out for the Motorola V3X,
    rang Three yesterday, and they think it should be out on
    13 December, priced on the medium tariff for 119, so not too bad.

13th seems like a bad idea, surely Dec 1st would be better in order to get a few sales in before Christmas, I phoned 3 and the lad knew nothing about any new phones.
    Always seems to be the way.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

I know seems a bit too close to chrimbo alright,

but thats what the guy on the phone said yesterday, that the V3X

will be out on the 13th, so hopefully he got it wrong and they'll be out

on the 1st!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

in the stores there's twp phones that are going on sale on dec 1st. its the two on the website, the v975 and the nec 338. i'd day 3 will launch their new phones on thge same day

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

in the stores there's twp phones that are going on sale on dec 1st. its the two on the website, the v975 and the nec 338. i'd day 3 will launch their new phones on thge same day

I'd hope so (fingers crossed) very poor range of their phones in shops and their 20e or their abouts more expensive then buying on-line (atleast for Nokia 6680) from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

any more info around on the moto? It looks like a nice bit of kit and something I'd consider swaying from my usual Nokia for but feature-wise it seems a lacking.. That is, compared to the nokia model which has radio and all that jazz. Anyone have anything more to divulge on this otherwise splendid looking phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

13th at the earliest for the V3X..... and prices from €9 on other handsets instore from tomorrow!!

(Free if you include the carphone trade in)

Jam Man wrote:
    13th at the earliest for the V3X..... and prices from €9 on other handsets instore from tomorrow!!

(Free if you include the carphone trade in)

3g trade in too now

• Advertisement

They've updated the website today, no new phones anyway just some changes in they way the pages are layout and christmas "offers"

Now the site is having rendering issues in Firefox also
    If you look at http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1120740051346
    The "Most popular packages with this handset" box is way off to the right handside, but in IE is fine.

i'd steer away from motorola if i were you. read my worst phones thread

Advertisement