Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart landline+BB available in Cork city?

• 29-11-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hello!
    I moved to Washington Street in Cork (which is pretty much downtown), but in this flat there is neither broadband nor landline at present.
    I am wondering if I can get Smart Broadband+landline there. I think the phone line would still have to be physically installed.
    Does Smart do this or do I have to get the landline first installed by Eircom or so? (Which I want to avaoid for obvious reasons :D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Eircom would have to install the line. I would call Smart and get confirmation they serve your area first.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

chorus have broadband in the area !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

Thanks for the reply.
    I checked the available chorus services on www.chorus.ie and it just states that "Digital television" and "Chorus phone" is available at my flat in Washington Road.
    Does this imply that I can get broadband as well?
    If yes, chorus would probably would be the best solution. What do you guys think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

Just found it out myself ;).
    Called the guys from Chorus, it BB IS available. It wasn't specified on the web page, because you can always get Chorus BB when you can sign up for digital television.
    They have a special offer at the moment, so you don't pay the 50 Bucks installation fee and the first 10 months about 30 bucks...sounds good, doesn't it?
    I think BB over cable is normally quite reliable.
    Anyone experiences with Chorus Cablenet Broadband?

Advertisement