Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best app to find servers

Options
  • 29-11-2005 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Hi I got broadband at last and as I absolutely HATE that bloody Gamespy arcade, I would like to know what app do u use to find BF2 servers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

the All Seeing Eye is pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ASE was good until EA introduced that stupidass notice, before that it would bring you into the game and connect directly onto the server. Good for finding servers, just remember the IP's and use the connect as IP option in the multiplayer menu in BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Allseeingeye

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It wasn't the EA message that broke ASE.

People complained that we had to login each time we wanted to play BF2 so DiCE changed the login script so that external browsers could login automatically. ASE have yet to update their software I believe to allow this.

There are filters that you can edit yourself though that allow you to connect without logging in.

Besides ASE another program to try is BF2 AutoLoader. It has all the same filters mostly but is a little slower. The good news is that it's made by BF2 fans and is updated often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Thanks for all the replys lads, the BF2 autoloader is exactly what I was looking for. Cheers Ponster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks Ponster, great app!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

All seeing eye to search for servers then add the ips to this tool,www.hlsw.net
    It shows servers realtime ping and players,no need to refresh like other tools.
    Its also great to use rcon for adminning.
    Quick tip if BF2 servers dont show up just add :29900 after the ip and it will show up.
    I use ASE to search then add favourite ips into hlsw,using it for years and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I use the ingame browser and it works fine. What exactly is the benefit of using third party programs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The benefits are you can admin from hlsw and they also support a host of other games so you have full list of all your favourites games servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ingame browser is horribly laggy and never shows correct pings.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Zillah wrote:
    I use the ingame browser and it works fine. What exactly is the benefit of using third party programs?

It finds about 50 servers for me on average while ASE finds over 400.

I can filter by pretty much whatever I want. So if I'm looking for a server in France with a ping < 100, running a custom map and has at least 10 players then I can :)

Having a working favourites section is cool too :)

Advertisement