Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Ad that's been banned.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That link isnt working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

excellent stuff, very funny :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

its a fairly good ad, but totally understandable as to why it was banned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Nice idea for an ad, think it would work and be accepted anywhere outside of america, espically if they changed the tag line from 'jump in'

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I liked it. :D Then again I regularly shoot people with my banana at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

dont really see why i would get banned...anyone care to make it obvious for me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Because of the "shooting" and the fact that it is saying "Jump in"

But I liked it all the same!!!!:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Banned -shmanned, effin brilliant

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Turns out, this ad has never been aired on any TV station here, in the US or UK.
    That said, no advertising standards authority could ban it, as such ads are not vetted before airing.
    Apparently, it's Microsoft who have "banned" it by going on TV, but are letting it go viral online.
    Everyone is going mad going "why is it banned?? The Government is gone nuts.... it's only acting ffs" etc.... and then this ad gets loads of referals.
    More hype creating such posts as this one tbh.
    Nice work by whatever agency is involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Not as good as another Xbox ad where it shows a baby being born and then flying through life and landing in a coffin (I know, its hard to explain:v: )

• Advertisement

Not as good as another Xbox ad where it shows a baby being born and then flying through life and landing in a coffin (I know, its hard to explain:v: )
    remember that.
    Quality production in that one... was used for original XBox launch I think.
    tagline "Life's too short" or something?

Just found it :)
    http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=13859&type=coolad&startrow=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Not that great an ad to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I don't think it should be banned. If you ban that then why not ban every shoot em up game?

Diarmsquid wrote:
    I don't think it should be banned. If you ban that then why not ban every shoot em up game?
    See my post.
    It hasnt been banned... :v:
    They just want you to think it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Any fans of the tv show "Spaced" recognise any similarities between this and a certain episode from the second series?

Dublin579 wrote:
    Any fans of the tv show "Spaced" recognise any similarities between this and a certain episode from the second series?
    yup - episode 5.
    You think Pegg can sue? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Nice one, nitrogen. I enjoyed it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

whiskeyman wrote:
    yup - episode 5.
    You think Pegg can sue? :D
    "It's too orangey for crows"

_39732153_kiaora_203.jpg

Classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hasn't that epsiode of Spaced also been ripped off for a jeans advert and for some of the station idents for one of the satalite channels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah levi's had an ad like this a while back in a diner with a clever use of red sauce and mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

Excellent advert!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

whiskeyman wrote:
    Turns out, this ad has never been aired on any TV station here, in the US or UK.
    That said, no advertising standards authority could ban it, as such ads are not vetted before airing.
    Apparently, it's Microsoft who have "banned" it by going on TV, but are letting it go viral online.
    Everyone is going mad going "why is it banned?? The Government is gone nuts.... it's only acting ffs" etc.... and then this ad gets loads of referals.
    More hype creating such posts as this one tbh.
    Nice work by whatever agency is involved...
    ya and plus that its people acting...people acting... if ya get me...so basically its acting squared...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

best part is yer man in the car, classic!

Advertisement