Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another woman attacked.

Options
  • 29-11-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Im unsure of the full details but I belive there was another sexual attack behind the huntsman inn early on monday morning. Its just over a year since a girl was raped in the same spot and the person for that attack is in custody awaiting trial.

Makes me feel sick.

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The path was closed off most of Monday morning for forensic examination.

Why the hell weren't there streetlights put along the path there after the first time.
    For the love of God how many more attacks will it take to get something done about it. They were "promised" by City Hall this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

You'd think the City Council would have learned the last time.... obviously not!

SICK!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sigh....anyway, don't let a friend walk home alone anytime folks, not related to this assault btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thats a dodgy oul spot in fairness. As mentinoned its a wonder theres no lights put up there. Even as a child (during the day) I used to be freaked cycling along that path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's a bloody handy path though if you're coming from town and late for the EYE. I walks it all the times, I do. Just wishing to find some ****er like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

wet-paint wrote:
    Just wishing to find some ****er like that.

Im sure he would have some sort of weapon (hammer, knife etc).

I cant belive the council promised lights and never came through. Its a disgrace.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

wet-paint wrote:
    It's a bloody handy path though if you're coming from town and late for the EYE. I walks it all the times, I do. Just wishing to find some ****er like that.

Why, so you could get some in-out action? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

More like kick the fúcker till he's shítting incisors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah saw that on Monday when i was walking from college into town around half 1..

added 10 minutes to my walk cos i couldn't cut across :( oh, and the attacked woman, tragic. they should put streetlights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Makes me sick to my stomach :(

If that was one of my friends I don't know how i'd handle it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

SyxPak wrote:
    More like kick the fúcker till he's shítting incisors.
    Word.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

If they were promised they should have been put up although this isn't the first promise the council would have broken! Never let anybody walk home alone, Galway never seemed to be too bad before but this isn't the first incident and it seems to be happening more and more. hope they catch the ******* and remove him of his tools

It always amazes me how much a tiny minority doing bad can outdo a majority of good. Not fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

true, my girlfriends afraid to go running at night now... not that she was too keen on running at night anyway but thats definitely put an end to it.

awful for the women involved and shame on the council, how long have lights been promised there now?

I never actually heard about any promises of lights but in fairness to them they did keep the grass cut after that incident (it used to be up to my knees and easy to hide in i guess).

I wouldn't feel safe walking through there at night, the space is too open, no light, potential for someone to come at you from any direction and plenty of walls and oversized monumental rocks to hide behind.

Advertisement