Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband router settings

• 29-11-2005 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

After 4 months of waiting my BT Broadband order is now showing as complete. Yay! Out of the frying pan and into the fire :D I've not heard from BT yet though, can someone post all the router details i need to connect? I have my username and password. Also, Does my username need an "@btireland.ie" at the end of it or anything? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

The username and password should be what you gave to them. Strangely enough they DO ask you for it when signing up. Can't remember of you need the @ after it.

I know it's been 4 months and you prolly can't remember. Give them a call and they will remind ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ours is username@iolbb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think for new users now its @btbb, but I think the @iolbb still works. I haven't changed mine so assume it's still the same.

If you've forgotten it they should be able to tell you it over the phone. They won't be able to give you your password though, but you can get them to reset it if you need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭federerfan

Hi Gegerty,

You wont hear from them at all. You'll just recieve your modem in the post. It'll be the postman, so at least if he misses you, the green slip will be left for you to collect it at the post office.

Hopefully your modem will work first time, BT had to send me 3 different ones till I could connect.

After you connect, ring em up, you may want to take a day off for this, and make sure they start billing you from when you connected first.

I'm user@btbb but try user@iolbb if that doesnt work.

The online help section on BT is fairly good for answers though.

Best of luck !

FedFan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Thanks guys. Can anyone tell me the settings I need> I have it as follows:

PPoE
    LLC
    8/35

Is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gegerty wrote:
    Thanks guys. Can anyone tell me the settings I need> I have it as follows:

PPoE
    LLC
    8/35

Is this correct?
    That's correct:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

kaizersoze wrote:
    That's correct:)

Cheers. That means its not working :( Here we go again for another 4 months :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

I have just got bt 1mb broad band working .
    i have moved line from eircom as well.

thay set me up pretty well except for one problem >
    my application form asked me to specify two usernames and a password ;

i.e. user1 , user 2 and password1

modem was delivered, easy to set up , but didnt work , if you dont get a steady orange pp light , and all the other lights are steady , then your login aint working .

i called them and they told me they had me setup instead with myname and wifesname as usernames and couldnt find the password .

so they had to reset the password , took a day to do this.

so i tried both - then it still failed- i rang again and they said

its actually mynamewifesname as username ,

so i tried this and it works lovley now .

so , lesson is do not specify a username / password in you application
    let them give you one
    the login is tied to your phone number anyway , so no one else can use it.

so the username is now "mynamewifesname@btbb" and my password

you only need this once , from then on , each time you open IE , the connection is open.

so far its been a great service - speeds = 860 kbps down / 101 kbs up

ping time to german servers = 40 milliseconds

Advertisement