Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking User Path on Website

Options
  • 29-11-2005 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if any stats packages offer user path tracking at all? With Google Analytics I can see certain people from certain IPs or companies come to our site and I can see how many pages they view on the site, but is there any package (Google or otherwise) that will show their path through the site (i.e. the exact pages they viewed)?

I'm looking for cheap or free packages if possible :v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Urchin used to have that feature.. not sure if the Googlised version is offering it at present ...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

You can do that with statcounter - www.statcounter.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Thanks for the replies. I thought Google ought to do it, and they do show reverse path tracking when someone completes a goal, but just not for regular visitors. Good to know that they did have it at some point, hopefully they will include again soon.

I have installed Statcounter on the site now (thanks DJB). It seems to do the visitor path tracking well, but I was using it for 2 minutes and I got this error:
    I apologise for the inconvience but this database query failed to execute correctly while attempting to log you in. This will be fixed shortly.
    Hopefully it's more reliable, but it is free after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

The chap that runs statcounter is a regular on this board. I'm sure he'll be along to help you out. Nobody wants bad publicity! :)

Anyway, I use both google stats and statcounter on my sites. There are benefits to both. Both are good apps. I quite like the geo map and connection speed reports on google. :)

Rgds,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Glad you like the service - any downtime is extremely rare for StatCounter.

We are currently having to resync a database server - your stats are still being tracked and full service will be restored in about 30 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Service has been restored - I apologise for the inconvenience.

Aodhan.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Statcounter's very good, only once gone down on me and it wasn't for long. Cheers for the service nahdoic, if I ever make money from my website I'll get the paid service.

Advertisement