Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Blair: No Amnesty

Options
  • 29-11-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Tony blair stated today that "There will be no amnesty for the Omagh bombers even if they are members of the IRA or Sinn Féin".

Well cry me a river baby killer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

great ,murdering skum. and the sympathisers in SF/IRA

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

spitfier wrote:
    Tony blair stated today that "There will be no amnesty for the Omagh bombers even if they are members of the IRA or Sinn Féin".

Well cry me a river baby killer.
    I don't get you - are you for it or agin it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

the idea of amnesty was preposterous anyway since the bombs took place after the good friday agreement, All the tough talk is worthless unless they go and start convicting more people of the bombs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It was a bit odd extending amnesty to members of the security forces who have commited henious crimes.
    It gives out the message that they are equal to members of the paramilitary organisations unless Blair foresees something scandalous emerging in a truth commision which implicates soldiers and policemen in murderous crimes hence they will not be prosecuted under the amnesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's not just soldiers and peelers Blair is worried about. What about all the MI5 agents who ran the UDA? What about all the British politicians and members of the British establishment who actively supported terrorism?

That's who he's really trying to protect, but the 'killing in Ireland for freedom is bad, killing in Iraq for oil is good' media will only point out about those who lost loved ones through the actions of the IRA. Haven't seen much about those killed by British forces and their subsidary terrorist groups. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The Omagh crowd have nothing to do with our movement. They are an irrelevancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All the murderers no matter what their affiliation is should serve time for their crimes. This capitulation of rights to the victims to appease the Peace process goes so far from the concept of natural justice that it makes me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spitfier

There was a war - it's over now but those that fought in that war before The Good Friday Agreement should be granted amnesty as they are political prisoners. I do not, of course, agree with everything the IRA (when I say 'IRA' I am refering to the provisionals and those that carried the banner before them, not the 'Real IRA' - the *real* IRA) has done since the 1960s, the kidnapping of an Irish citizen whose family was sent his thumb in the post for instance, but one should do well to remember that our nation was founded as a republic by freedom fighters to whom we owe our freedom and sovereignty who would today be labelled terrorists. Also ask youself this, if there had not been an IRA in the most recent decades would any notion of power sharing exist is Northern Ireland today? Maybe public housing would primarily still be given to unionists to rig elections as the law of the land might still state that only landowners can vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

i think theres enough evidence there to show it was an RUC/RIRA job. thats if anyone is bothered looking at the facts as represented in the Ombudsmans report about it.

they arent an irrelevancy. they want answers and who blames them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

I agree totally with you but i presume what youve posted is way above the heads of a lot of posters on here.
    spitfier wrote:
    There was a war - it's over now but those that fought in that war before The Good Friday Agreement should be granted amnesty as they are political prisoners. I do not, of course, agree with everything the IRA (when I say 'IRA' I am refering to the provisionals and those that carried the banner before them, not the 'Real IRA' - the *real* IRA) has done since the 1960s, the kidnapping of an Irish citizen whose family was sent his thumb in the post for instance, but one should do well to remember that our nation was founded as a republic by freedom fighters to whom we owe our freedom and sovereignty who would today be labelled terrorists. Also ask youself this, if there had not been an IRA in the most recent decades would any notion of power sharing exist is Northern Ireland today? Maybe public housing would primarily still be given to unionists to rig elections as the law of the land might still state that only landowners can vote.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote:

I presume that what FTA69 means by "omagh crowd" is the RIRA and by "our movement" means the provsional and republican campaign minus the RIRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I presume that what FTA69 means by "omagh crowd" is the RIRA and by "our movement" means the provsional and republican campaign minus the RIRA.

Would the Provos in our audience please point out the difference between Omagh, the RIRA and say any PIRA atrocity in the last 30 years? SFIRA are/were to the RIRA what the SDLP was/is to the SFIRA - sell outs to the British who failed to comprehend that only rivers of blood could drive the British from Northern Ireland. Lets face it, anyone who supports SFIRA is a sell out to wolfe tone and the true die hard republicans - its the RIRA who kept alive the flame of true militant irish republicanism, bombing civillian targets without mercy or compassion. If it wasnt for the brave men of Omagh where would the peace proccess be today? Damn these revisionists who want to edit true Irish patriots out of history because theyre not comftable with it. Who are SFIRA and their supporters to stand in judgement?

And why is Blair being so moral about the omagh bombers? Northern Irish dont get an invite to Downing Street unless theyve directed at least one terrorist operation - he should be getting the tea on for the Omagh killers not boring us with sudden conversion to principles that he doesnt hold.
    All the murderers no matter what their affiliation is should serve time for their crimes. This capitulation of rights to the victims to appease the Peace process goes so far from the concept of natural justice that it makes me sick.

Cmon Gandalf, if we give them just one more concession everything will be fine. Just one more concession Gandalf. Just one more. And feck the victims, who do they think they are anyway, have they killed anyone? Nope - Clearly theyre not important enough to have killed anyone.

The whole appeasement proccess stinks from top to bottom. Its dead and they simply refuse to bury the body.
    There was a war - it's over now but those that fought in that war before The Good Friday Agreement should be granted amnesty as they are political prisoners.

True, the Paras should be exonerated. Theyve been demonised for far too long. It was a war. Sh1t happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sand wrote:
    True, the Paras should be exonerated. Theyve been demonised for far too long. It was a war. Sh1t happens.

Perfect example of exoneration

Your wish was granted 33 years ago

Sand wrote:
    Would the Provos in our audience please point out the difference between Omagh, the RIRA and say any PIRA atrocity in the last 30 years?
    If that reference is to myself, I never claimed to be a provisional.
    Sand wrote:
    SFIRA are/were to the RIRA what the SDLP was/is to the SFIRA
    That is a spacious analogy. How can anyone in their right mind compare the 'Real' IRA to the SDLP, albeit indirectly.
    Sand wrote:
    True, the Paras should be exonerated.
    It amazes me that a 'Real' IRA supporter would support this.

Advertisement