Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl I really fancy has an abusive boyfriend

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Chicken.

I'm not so new to the scenario. I know that it is hard to call quits on a person that is an integral part of your life. I went out with a girl for 5 years and lived with her for 4 of them. Same life. Same friends. Same thing.

What you are scared of is the change. You don't like your safety blanket but you won't get off. It's a hell of a change yes but if you don't make it you are just ****ing your life up for yourself.

There are only a small number of times in anyones life when they have to go through a serious change. This is one of yours. You are going to do it eventually. At least you should.

So here's that good piece of advice you asked for:

Buy and read "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson. And good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Dagon wrote:
    Sadly, there is this constant fear of being alone. More than anything else in the world, she seems to fear being alone and not being in a relationship... and being a spinster, etc, etc. Her self-confidence has obviously been shattered by the relationship she is in, and *she does not see* that she is an attractive person with a lot to offer. She has been conditioned a brainwashed into a way of thinking about relationships, and my words don't seem to help too much. :confused:

this is exactly why you need to help her out of the relationship, but stay well away from her afterwards. there may be mutual attraction, but sometimes getting into a relationship is just a bad idea, despite how well you get on together.
    this is one of those times.
    i hope she works things out for herself, i feel sorry for the poor girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Buy and read "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson. And good luck with it.

Thanks very much, I'll do just that. Enjoy the weekend everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

smiles wrote:
    You say he doesn't trust her. Also you say she wants to kiss you.
    Seems he's right.

Who wants a girlfriend who will willingly cheat on her boyfriend?

Ah yes the perfect reason to lock someone in the house and physically abuse them! Lucky girl who ends up with you anyway!:mad:

Advertisement