Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB refuse to install..

• 29-11-2005 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Rung up irish broadband this morning looking about breeze, everything was fine and dandy untill i mentioned that i was in the penthouse of a 5 storey apartment block.
    Even though i have a balcony that is 4 feet wide(with a safety railing) the whole way around the apartment she still refused to put the order through because "Its a safety issue".

It wouldnt even involve getting on the roof you'd literally just have to cabletie the Antennae to the railing and that would be it, it defenatly wouldnt be a safety issue.

Throwing good business away IMO.

Anyone else have issues like this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

have you no one better to ask ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Like who, the supervisor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

like someone who knows what a balcony is , try leap or digiweb !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Well yeah that would be a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Digiweb where more promising. but i'd have to wait nearly till christmas to get that, thats if i pass the LOS. but is metro not ment to be as bad a breeze anyway? just FYI im based near connolly station. Does anyone know where the 3 highpoints for digiweb are in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

djmarkus wrote:
    Digiweb where more promising. but i'd have to wait nearly till christmas to get that, thats if i pass the LOS. but is metro not ment to be as bad a breeze anyway? just FYI im based near connolly station. Does anyone know where the 3 highpoints for digiweb are in dublin?

I ordered digiweb a week ago last Monday, had it installed Monday this week : 5 working days from order to installation. Metro is not as bad as breeze. Speeds have been excellent. I had IBB in the past and there is absolutely no comparison between the 2. If you can, go for Metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Every cloud has a silver lining. The silver lining in this story is now you wont have to have IBB. If ya can get metro go for it. IBB are not worth the bother.

Advertisement