Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jetland Shopping Centre???

Options
  • 29-11-2005 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok so the jetland shopping centre is open since the start of September but does anyone know of any shops that are actually going in there. I see they have started on three of the outlets but know seems to know as to what is going in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

is the jetland the one out near the ennis road?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

It sure is .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

GameStop is going in there for definite anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Dunnes Stores I should imagine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-289019.html
    Previously discussed.. rumour upon rumour.. but i'd say there's some right..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Karoma wrote:
    Dunnes Stores I should imagine :p
    Give that man a cocunut.

Ya gamestop are supposed to be definitely going in there

im very rarely out on that side of limerick city but i did see it once
    thought they over did it on the red brick lol
    anyway anyone else notice that carphone warehouse have opened 2 shops in limerick in the last month
    cresent and parkway
    maybe they'll come to jetland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

i live on this side fo limerick and i was in jetland last night, golden discs is nearly finished, should be open any day now, as they are just stacking the shelves with cd's etc. one of the units theres a poster which says the jeane scene will be opening soon, also and italien coffee shop is opening soon too.

wow that gamestop sounds good as i am a huge gamer i wont have to go to town to get my games and stuff as with cd's too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was there on Monday and Sasha & Carrig Donn are now open. I also saw a Unicare Pharmacy & I think its a Costa coffee shop too. I didn't really have time to look around as I was in a hurry so there could be others too. But those were the ones near the lifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bjetland

In what city/country is this Jetland Shopping Centre? confused.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

What sort of post is this?

Its in Limerick, Ireland.

Does that question have anything to do with your username?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

1huge1 wrote: »
    Does that question have anything to do with your username?

I would say google pointed them here. This thread is the second result when you search for Jetland in google.com.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jetland

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bjetland

Yes. My name is Bob Jetland, and our ancestry is Norway. Only Jetlands I know are here in USA or Norway. Uncommon name, so surprised there may be some of us in Ireland. Any other info appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ugh, its a shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

The name Jetland in this case came from a ballroom that originally operated on this site in the 1960's. I know this from hearing my parents talking about it. There was a chain of ballrooms across the country run by one person/company and they all ended in 'land'. The one in Limerick was called Jetland. When the ballroom business ended, Dunnes Stores took on the old ballroom and used it as a shop. Then in the late 70s/early 80's they knocked the original building and replaced it with a newer bigger store. Then about 4-6 years ago, that building was knocked and replaced with the current shopping centre.

Advertisement