Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in Dublin

Options
  • 29-11-2005 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

In response to the "worst place in Dublin" thread, I thought I'd start a thread about what people think are the best places in Dublin. How imaginative of me:D

I must say that I love Malahide (and it's not just becasue I grew up there!). Loads of facilities, has a village feel to it and it's gorgeous on a nice summer's day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Mulhuddart on a July evening is hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

You can't beat Grafton Street for that Christmassy feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

I think that Malahide is very picturesque but find that some people there are a bit pretentious and love to tell you that it is Ireland's richest and sunniest town. For me its hard to beat sitting on the grass at the Hellfire Club on a warm summer's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

eating ice-cream from Teddy's walking down the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire on a balmy summer evening... bliss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,628 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mulhuddart on a July evening is hard to beat.

PMSL!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I love the area directly outside the Gaiety theather. They were playing christmas music really loud outside it the other day. It was realy cool. It looks like something out of Disneyland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Pleasent places to be, especially in the summer:

Dún Laoghaire sea-front
    Dalkey village and surrounding areas
    Killiney Beach
    Coilte forests in the Dublin mountains
    Merrion Park or Stephens Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

When I'm in pensive mood, the boardwalk between O'Connell and Ha'penny Bridge, just outside my flat. Good for what ails ya. Or something.

Stephen's Green also good.

That's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm from Shankill and my favourite area in Dublin has to be the dalk, or Dalkey to all you povs out there. Nice pubs, restaraunts, nice place. Less knackers than elsewhere but still some hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

You can't beat Grafton Street for that Christmassy feeling.

ANywhere in Dublin City Centre at Christmas is cool especially on Christmas Eve. Temple Bar or Grafton Street especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

the ONLY place in Dublin that I like is the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire...I love walking along it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

In the middle of dublin bay, sun or rain.... I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

215 Rumpoles, Porterhouse, Dublin 2.... my favourite spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GallicProphet

I suggest Raheny / Edenmore

Raheny is an extensive coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland, centred around an old village. It lies four to five miles from the city centre on a north easterly main road, which travels on for some miles to the Hill of Howth, ending at the village of Howth, one of Ireland's main fishing ports. The bulk of Raheny lies some way above sea-level, sloping down to the sea towards Bull Island with its fine beach of over 4.5 km.

Within Raheny, much of two of the townlands form the area of Edenmore, which developed its own village centre during the 20th century.

15 minutes from City centre on the Dart, for that villagey feel...
    15 minutes to Howth Harbours and the cliffs
    right next to St Anne's Park second biggest open park in Dublin

www.raheny.com

Edenmore is ex-council houses estate on the borough of Raheny and
    is actually very quiet, affordable, and is now the gateway into Raheny for young professionals ... ( Admittedly cost of accomodation in Raheny is quite expensive )

What's better than Edenmore ?

:v: < More Edenmore
    EdenMORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I second that.

That is the best piece I have ever seen written about Edenmore/Raheny!! EVER!!

All you get is people moaning how much of a kip Edenmore is. 10 - 15 years ago it was. Now it has changed it is alot friendlier with the help of local Gardaí, local businesses and the primary schools in the area!!

Check your PMs GP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The best place in Dublin-
    Any one of the roads out of it.

-Sorry-the culchie gets one back. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Malahide gets my vote. There's something about the place that I really like but I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe being located at the sea and having a great choice of pubs (Gibneys = best pub ever) and restaurants. Yeah there are some snobs but they are a minority, most people are friendly and not pretentious.

I'd certainly live there if I had the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

kippy wrote:

The country sucks and you know it. :v:

OT- The phoenix park on a hot summer day and then take a stroll down into castleknock village for some food or a pint. Everything you need is within 15 minutes away by car or bus if you fancy a trip to blanchardstown village or the blanch centre for some shopping or food.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

funk-you wrote:
    The country sucks and you know it. :v:

OT- The phoenix park on a hot summer day and then take a stroll down into castleknock village for some food or a pint. Everything you need is within 15 minutes away by car or bus if you fancy a trip to blanchardstown village or the blanch centre for some shopping or food.

-Funk
    Honestly,
    Having spent a few years there I have to say I like Killiney-its a pretty scenic area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Templeogue. Cos of it Mountain views/village, tymon park, spawell, m50, wannabe d4/shams (wannabe skangers), mixed schools, knacker drinking, grey cul de sacs, safenesss closeness to city etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

kippy wrote:
    Honestly,
    Having spent a few years there I have to say I like Killiney-its a pretty scenic area.

The whole coast from Killiney to Sandymount is really nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kasm

Tallaght- it makes you appreciate how much better everywhere else is .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,628 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

kasm wrote:
    Tallaght- it makes you appreciate how much better everywhere else is .

Yeah id much rather live in either darndale, ballymun or finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 miss_cheif

Have to say my favorite place is Killiney Hill, you can see all the south east and central of Dublin, city centre, a bit of north Dublin and a small bit of Wicklow before you hit the mountains. Bit of a walk and climb but you get can see a nice sunrise and sunset, but you wouldn't want to stay when its dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

raheny red wrote:
    I second that.

That is the best piece I have ever seen written about Edenmore/Raheny!! EVER!!

While I agree with you both regarding Raheny being a very nice place, particullarly enjoying the watermill for an auld pint of porter, Edenmore is a kip! Now Kilbarrack on the other hand .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Drumcondra! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

No Edenmore is not a kip. It was once but not anymore! Yes, I from Edenmore but it has improved greatly! About 5+ years it was a **** hole but it is developing nicely now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

kippy wrote:

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kelly=]

Temple Bar is fairly slick .. =]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I suggest Raheny / Edenmore

Raheny is an extensive coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland, centred around an old village. It lies four to five miles from the city centre ... blah blah blah
    Which real estate agent are you currently work for? :D
    kippy wrote:
    I agree. Best place for culchies. ;)

Advertisement