Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

raheny red wrote: »
    No Edenmore is not a kip. It was once but not anymore! Yes, I from Edenmore but it has improved greatly! About 5+ years it was a **** hole but it is developing nicely now!

have to agree with this. i live in edenmore too and have noticed how quiet it has gotten over the last few years. go outside in the early hours and you would hear a pin drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

The quays down around the point on any summers evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hmmm, tough one.

Stevens Green is a great spot on a nice day, as is the forthy foot.

Tallaght's not as bad as people think, west Tallaght, yes... Kip.
    But the rest is actually rather nice.

There's plenty of spots that spring to mind, but i think its really about who you're with rather than where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

St. Annes Park on a summer's morning - class (and only a stone's throw from beautiful Edenmore too!)
    I also love the botanic gardens any time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There's so many spots. Killiney, Poolbeg/The Great Southern Wall, Botanic Gardens, Guiness Brewery, Sandymount, if you can get past the amount of litter, the canals are great... War memorial garden, Pheonix park... I could go on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the phoenix park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

donnybrook... many a loose women in that neck of the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 supermanxd

I feel donnybrook is one of the worst places in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

Has to be Clontarf for me. A stroll along the prom and a pint in Harry Byrnes on the Howth Road...Dublin's finest :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sorted wrote: »
    Has to be Clontarf for me. A stroll along the prom and a pint in Harry Byrnes on the Howth Road...Dublin's finest :)

I'm from clontarf originally and i have to say its full of tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Degsy wrote: »
    I'm from clontarf originally and i have to say its full of tossers.

:pac: Come on, don't sit on the fence

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

foxrock... end of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I live beside Edenmore and It's a dump.

It should be my local port of call for everything but i avoid it totally except now i have to go to the post office to collect some monies.

I couldn't believe it,still the same scumbags hanging around and the way they developed the shopping area ,they turned it into a real enclave.

Back on topic,nah malahide is full of knobs and actually none of the pubs are any use. Can't think of anything positive to say,so i'll stop moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Sorted wrote: »

Sorry just saw this,

Meh..... Harry Byrnes is Like Gibneys in that it's overrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Joe, joe joe, you're bumming out the happy thread!! Worst place in Dublin thread is thataway >>

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A spliff and a frisby on a sunny mid-week afternoon in the Iveagh Gardens.

On the roofs of Merrion Sq South again on a sunny afternoon with some stimulants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Surprised it hasn't yet being mentioned but Howth has to be my favourite.

Plenty of nice walks from the pier, to Howth Hill, the cliffs, Redrock, the Burrow Beach, Deer Park, the Baily, etc.

Not to mention the many good pubs with good craic and a bit of banter. And also the great selection of places to get a bite to eat and some great seafood.

While Howth has its yuppie residents there is also plenty of regular joe's living there so its not too up its own arse.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Eamon Dorans and the surrounding area. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Eamon Dorans and the surrounding area. :)

The smoking area of dorans always seems to have a good buzz about it, and i don't even smoke. haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Stoneybatter Smithfield and Phibsboro for me,I know they have the seedy element underbelly,but many a fond boyhood memories of these areas.the characters you meet,the real auld Dublin pubs,the accessability to town,will always regard them as home

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublin lad

Crumlin free of snobs the best people in the world just like any working class area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Im a city boy but I love getting out to malahide and Howth. The drive, rec areas and just general feel of the places is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Nothing Beats A Ballyfermot Night Out With The Lads Or The Missus ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Merrion Square or the walk up along the Grand Canal. Thats it though. The rest is crap. Its hard to beat the countryside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Stephens Green on a nice day.
    And of course, The Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

joeperry wrote: »
    Sorry just saw this,

Meh..... Harry Byrnes is Like Gibneys in that it's overrated.

If you're a smoker like me you'd appreciate the best smoking area in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MrMiyagi

Id say on a sunny day the corner of Meath Str / Thomas Str with the traders selling such exotic goods as Daz economy packs, bumper packs of pampers and if your lucky seven yorkies for "the 2 euro"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

supermanxd wrote: »
    I feel donnybrook is one of the worst places in dublin

how ??

its one for the few places in dublin thats quiet... everyone's nice, and theirs pretty women Everywhere. !

you need nothing more or less then that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

S.I.R wrote: »
    how ??

its one for the few places in dublin thats quiet... everyone's nice, and theirs pretty women Everywhere. !

you need nothing more or less then that.

Too many California kids though. That D4/Donnybrook 'niceness' is so fake and artificial. At least around Stephens Green, Aungier st. etc. the locals let the likes of students know exactly what they think of them. (Usually drunk, probably with some other illegal substance swirling in their blood)

Advertisement