Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your beauty routine?

• 29-11-2005 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

As a self cofessed product addict I have never formulated any real beauty routine....but I'm curious to see what other people use/ do as part of their routine; by way of a schedule:
    7.30: Shower; Eternity Moment shower gel
    Keratase Volume shampoo
    Intuition shave
    Lancome faoming face wash
    7.45: Tweezerman the eyebrow
    Clarens deodarent
    7.50: Estee Lauder moisturizer
    Bobby Brown foundation
    Slick of Lancome mascara
    Nars convertable colour on the cheeks
    8.00 Brush the teeth, blow dry the hair, mouthwash and away.

Day...Perhaps apply some Nars through the day if I think of it.

Evening...off with the make-up with the Lancome wash.

Occasionally; dior fake tan, eve lom rescue mask, mac eye shadow for a night out, face scrub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Blokes = Triple S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get up. Shower if required. if not showering, use facial scrub from Boots. Then use Avon Moisturiser.

If I'm working then makeup is done in 5 mins. This would be Clinique foundation, mascara, touch of eyeshadow and lipstick. I hate makeup and wear the bare minimum.

Brush hair, teeth, mouthwash and gone. Total time in front of mirror: 10 minutes with make-up, 4 without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Nala:

Before college:

7:30 am: Alarm goes off. Switch it to snooze and roll over.
    (repeat 5 or 6 times).

8:00 am: Shower.
    Use Aldi shower gel (€0.99, at an Aldi near you) on face and body.
    Shave pits with Wilkinson Sword disposable razor.

8:15 am: Get out of shower. Decide it's too cold and get back in. Get out again and dry with towel.

8:20am: Get dressed (jeans, t-shirt, hoody, Converse).

8:25am: Eat bowl of Weetos very very fast. Give leftover milk to Phoebe the cat.

8:30am: Apply Barry M eyeshadow (usually in green, maybe black). Apply Maybelline Volum' Express Waterproof mascara. Brush hair, put in ponytail.

8:35am: Realise I am late for the train. Run out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Have a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If I'm heading in to college:
    Wake up,
    Wash face,
    Apply mosituriser (Estee Lauder) and leave it sink in for a few mins,
    Apply foundation (Estee Lauder),
    Apply bronzer (Guerlain),
    Apply eyeshadow (MAC),
    Apply eyeliner (MAC or No.7),
    Pencil eyebrows (Rimmel),
    Apply mascara x2 (L'oreal),
    Brush hair,
    Straighten hair (GHD),
    Wash teeth.
    Sometimes put on hand cream (Nivea)

Evening:
    Clnique eye make up remover and atm Lancome cleanser although on the lookout for a new one - maybe Dermatalogica?

(Fake tan is applied the night before and showered off in the morning about every third or fourth morning depending on how bothered I am at 11pm that night!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

As a self cofessed product addict I have never formulated any real beauty routine....but I'm curious to see what other people use/ do as part of their routine; by way of a schedule:
    7.30: Shower; Eternity Moment shower gel
    Keratase Volume shampoo
    Intuition shave
    Lancome faoming face wash
    7.45: Tweezerman the eyebrow
    Clarens deodarent
    7.50: Estee Lauder moisturizer
    Bobby Brown foundation
    Slick of Lancome mascara
    Nars convertable colour on the cheeks
    8.00 Brush the teeth, blow dry the hair, mouthwash and away.

Day...Perhaps apply some Nars through the day if I think of it.

Evening...off with the make-up with the Lancome wash.

Occasionally; dior fake tan, eve lom rescue mask, mac eye shadow for a night out, face scrub

damn thats almost the exact same as mine..except for the fake tan bit..already got a permanent one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

6.30am Alarm goes off, hit snooze button
    6.39am Alarm goes off, hit snooze button
    6.48am Get up, use Simple facial wipe.
    6.49am Wash hair with separate shampoo and conditioner and comb hair
    6.56am Clean teeth
    7.00am Get dressed
    7.05am Check net
    7.10am Put on purple Chanel lipstick and liplock
    7.11am Put on purple Chanel eyeshaddow (if I feel like it, not always)
    7.13am Check net
    7.18am Put on coat and run out door

I have a long soak in the bath the night before.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

fall out of bed at 7.20 (having reset it 4 times since its set time of 7.00)
    Stumble into en suite and blind myself with the over bright light
    brush teeth while shower heats up
    shower
    use Nivea face wipe
    Moisturise with Oil of Olay beauty fluid
    iron clothes
    get dressed
    dry hair
    unearth boyfriends face from under duvet cover
    Kiss him goodbye
    embark on freezing cold journey to work
    Work
    Go home
    Go to bed
    Wake up
    Repeat all above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Up at 6, shower - palmolive lavendar shower gel, wash hair - John Frieda Shampoo & conditioner for hair that's dyed red

Put wet hair up

Body shop body butter on legs and arms - mango. Dove deodorant

Cleanse, tone and moisturise - Witch hazel cleanser, clinique toner and moisturiser

Usually clinique mascara and either purple or blue rimmel eyeliner

Brush teeth

Blistex intensive lip moisturiser followed by pink juicy tube. Coconut perfume on wrists and out the door for 7 to get the 7.15 bus

At night cleanse tone and moisturise as above but then put on witch hazel pore gel stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tammyo

7.15 : Get up, straight into shower, using dive silk bath shower gel, toni and guy shampoo and conditioner

7.30- 8.00 : Body moisturiser- nivea
    Face " - simple

Lancome adaptive foundation, benefit boiing concealer, benefit bad girl mascara, lancome bronzer on cheeks, and sometimes a touch of benefit dandeline... Vaseline for the lips

blow dry hair, tie up or leave down...

spray of D+G light blue
    .... Fake tan always on- Fake Bake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

jaysus i feel like such a slob!

on college mornings i usually fall out of bed, have a shower and brush my teeth after brekkie.
    regular moisturising when its cold, otherwise i dont bother. if i find i have more time than usual, i might wear a bit of eyeshadow and mascara, or if my make-up is realitively intact from the night before, i have actually been known to tidy it up with a cotton bud and leave it be!!

i know, for shame!!
    i just dont have time in the mornings for stuff like that (im REALLY not a morning person), and i dont really see the point considering its just college anyway. i do take pride in my appearance - just as long as it doesn't involve getting up early! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

im the same if im going to college,
    its up at 6.30, brush teeth, jump in the shower (use special shower gel cos of ezcema), dry off, moisturise body with dermol2000 (for ezcema), moisturise face with nivea moisturiser, wrestle with contacts (takes between 20secs and 15mins!!), get dressed (jeans, runners, jumper), eat breakfast, and head round 7.10am to get bus at 7.30 for college at 8!!
    never put on makeup unless im going out

Pythia wrote:
    If I'm heading in to college:
    Wake up,
    Wash face,
    Apply mosituriser (Estee Lauder) and leave it sink in for a few mins,
    Apply foundation (Estee Lauder),
    Apply bronzer (Guerlain),
    Apply eyeshadow (MAC),
    Apply eyeliner (MAC or No.7),
    Pencil eyebrows (Rimmel),
    Apply mascara x2 (L'oreal),
    Brush hair,
    Straighten hair (GHD),
    Wash teeth.
    Sometimes put on hand cream (Nivea)

All that for COLLEGE ???????????
    ****, that's high maintenance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Berkel

Wake up 7:30,
    7:31: fart,
    7:32: get out of bed,
    7:33: shave
    7:34: shower (using all in one - shower gel AND shampoo)
    7:35: scratch, get dressed
    7:36: out the door

Pure beauty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Up at 8, into shower.
    Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Oil Shower Gel (great for waking me up!), L'oreal Shampoo, then conditioner. Nivea facial wash.
    Dry off, use Oil of Ulay on face, then Body Shop Brazil Nut butter on the rest of me! Spray of Adidas deodorant.
    Get dressed.
    Then L'oreal foundation or tinted moisturiser, dab of bronzer.
    Sometimes mascara, depends on the day ahead!
    A good spray of Hugo Boss (either Deep Red or Intense) and then downstairs for breakfast.
    Afterwards dry hair, straighten fringe, brush teeth, mouthwash, blistex on lips, followed by Gosh gloss, then some body shop almond oil handcream and then out the door.

At night, cleanse face with L'Occitane honey cleanser, wash with Nivea face wash, moisturise with Oil of Ulay, brush teeth, mouthwash. More handcream. Might apply some Vichy fake tan, depending on how tired I am. Then Zzzzz.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Ha ha routine??
    I'm a bit shocked reading this, I feel like I'm actually not looking after myself at all...
    I fall out of the bed at 8.15, wash my face, brush my teeth, tie up my hair and Im gone... takes all of about 10 minutes! I have my shower in the evening so no need in the morning's...I should really start getting up earlier and using all these fancy product's, wonder if I'd look any better for it?? Actually thinking about it I couldn't be bothered it's only for work anyway, certainly noone here I'm trying to impress!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Three mornings a week I've to go to college,so its just
    -Get up
    -Have a shower with whatever body wash, shampoo and facial wash there is
    -Have a shave but use a pre-shave facial scrub first to get a closer shave and avoid a horrible shaving rash
    -rinse my face
    -Spray on some deodorant and cologne
    -Get dressed

On the very odd day I might stick something in my hair, usually I'm not too bothered 'cause theres absolutely noone in my college I've any interest in in "that way", and since I head straight to the gym between lectures or after college it'll only be washed out again anyway.

The other two mornings I go straight to the gym so usually just get out of bed and throw whatever I'm going to be working out in on.

At the weekends I work so put a slight bit more effort in.Slight being the keyword there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Wash hair with V05 volumizing shampoo
    Clinique face scrub
    Shave with Clinique shave cream
    Clinique postshave healer
    Clinique moisture surge extra
    Almay skin refinisher
    V05 clay stuff for hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

College routine=
    wash hair with tresemme for normal hair, condition with l'oreal anti breakage conditioner.
    blow dry hair with l'oreal hot straight, straighten with GHD and Toni&Guy heat defense spray
    wash face with dermalogica anti-bac cleanser
    toner dermalogica
    moisturize with nivea
    lightly dust face with mac studio finish powder using body shop brush
    apply either dandelion blush by benefit or dior bronzer in the girly palette to cheeks
    eyeshadow if i'm in the mood in a pale neutral shade
    triple XXX mascara...waterproof in case theres any teary moments lol
    vaseline on the lips
    spritz either clinique happy or some rose spray from M&S
    and off i go..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Ha Ha..I take it you're named after Scraggs Alley so Scraggs are ya?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hmm

Alarm goes off.
    Spend ages in bed procrastinating.
    Get up.
    Curse the cold.
    Get dressed.
    Wash face with face washing stuff.
    Splash cold water on it to wake me up!
    Dry face, apply moisturiser.
    Put in contact lenses.
    Apply some make up on eyes.
    Have food and tea.
    Possibly apply lip balm.
    Go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

set alarm for 12 snoooze til 1,debate about reading that hunter s. novel or play my gibson sg,eventually play the guitar up load for hour and half to wake myself up slightly(bit hung over ya see)go up stairs and stick on skynews(realise we f*~ked it all up again and need to start from scratch) 10 mins is all i can take have a cup of tea,then have a shower(use only shower gel-forgot to pick up soap agian)stick on the clown suit and deal with drunk people of galway all night in an off-licence,thats where i am now by the way,yippee!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

I never knew people really put that much effort into grooming! Seriously, I, like the other poster above, couldnt be bothered to do all that. But sometimes I do think "gosh, that person looks nice and groomed-maybe I should put a bit of effort in".

My idea of grooming is having a shower (grabbing what ever I can) and washing & conditioning my hair (with what ever is nearest too)! But I could never understand how could someone wash their hair every day? Cant be good for the hair (dries it up?)! I, too, shower in the evening. Shower in the morning would put me in a bad mood.

Generally, clean & tone using Clarins skincare. And moisturiser I pick up what ever is nearest (this is a problem. Have a wrinkle thread going here).

Ye all should look like supermodels (including some men here!) with that amount of grooming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*is a lazy beeyotch*
    8.00am: Get up (after whacking the snooze button for ages)
    8.02am: Shower, wash hair
    8.10am: Wash face with soap and water, brush teeth
    8.15am: Grab the nearest comfortable clean clothes, load crap into bag
    8.25am: Leave house
    8.30am: Practically sleepwalk onto bus...

Make-up? Pah. I don't even wear make-up every time I go out.

I don't understand how the girls on this thread are able to have a shower and wash their hair within 10 minutes! It takes me half an hour! Having said that, I have really, really thick hair-the last time I got it dyed in the hairdresser's, they had to use 3 times the amount of dye that they use normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

In the evening:
    *Wash hair pink Kerastase for coloured hair -shampoo/cond.
    *Shave/wash body with banana smelling shower gel.
    *Moisturize all over with Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.
    *Dove deodorant.
    *Let hair dry on its own while watching ****e on telly.
    *Once hair is dry, straighten with GHD using ghd protector spray.
    *Go to bed with straight hair, dream about shopping without looking at pricetags.

In the morning:
    *6.30 Wake up.
    *6.45 Lie there. Convince myself, why do I have to go to work.
    *6.46 Hair in shower cap, wash body with banana smelling shower gel.
    *Moisturize with Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.
    *Get dressed.
    *Fix face with Gatineau mousturizer, MAC foundation, MAC blush in pretty baby, MAC stars and rockets e/s, MAC eyeliner in phone number, lashes with benefit bad lash, elizabeth arden 8hour cream on lips.
    *Catch bus and sit in traffic and think... Why do I have to go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Work Routine,

Alarm goes off at 7.25, hit snooze.
    7.35 hop into shower and use yardley lavender body scrub and herbal essences fruit fusion shampoo (difficult to rinse out as no power in our shower so have to runs upstairs and rinse the rest out with warm water in the sink.
    7.55 get dressed.
    8.00 mousterise face with witchazel cleaner, splash on Burberry Weekend and walk the 10 mins to work to be ensconsed comfortably at my desk for 1/2 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Alarm goes off whenever (work at home, no pressure).
    Shower with original source mint shower gel. Use Umburto Giannini shampoo and conditioner.
    Moisturise with Burt's Bees marshmallow vanishing cream.
    Hand cream - something from L'occitane.
    No make-up unless I'm going out somewhere, then some concealer, mascara and a smudge of urban decay eyeshadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Glad to know I'm not the only one whos spends way too much money on grooming products!

Night:
    Have a shower/bath, wash my hair with John Frieda curl shampoo and conditioner, shave, use dove soap. Clean off makeup with clinique make-up remover and then clinique soap. Exfoliate about twice a week with Loreal exfotonic.
    Moistuise with Bio-oil and nivea intensive body moisturiser.
    Clinique toner and moisturising gel for face.
    Put wet hair in bobble.

Morning:
    Shower with shower cap (if I have time!).
    Clinique soap, toner and moisturiser gel.
    Then it takes about 20 mins to apply makeup (which I wear every day, regardless of whether or not I'm going anywhere!)
    Estee Lauder foundation, Lancome powder, Rimmel eyeliner (grey) and mac eyeshadow. YSL mascara only for night, usually I go without because I find it dries out my eyelashes.
    Put my hair up, brush my teeth and use mouthwash.
    It takes me about half an hour to get ready in the morning but I do it automatically now - it's just like brushing my teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

8:30 get up, get dressed
    8.35 leave house

I always plan to change but never can :(

In the evening:

quote]

sounds nice, whats the name of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I cant believe so many of ye shower in the morning, i couldnt i just couldnt. i shower in the evenings, so it gives me plenty time to moisturise and to dry and straighten my hair, i have fairly thick hair so it takes a good 20 mins to blow dry it, and my family sho get up later than me whould kill me for waking them with the dryer anyway. I love getting into bed at night, all clean and nice smelling, then getting up, i dont brush my hair, i just splash water on my face and brush my teeth and deodorise. If i'm working, i wash face, moisturise, put on a bit of slap, usually just, foundation, mascara, bronser or blusher, eyeshadow.and lip gloss...If its a 6.30 am start i might just put on makeup when i get to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

My only routine is when I am going out... Otherwise it's just hit & miss.
    Couldn't brush my teeth AFTER I put my make-up on, though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

As a self cofessed product addict I have never formulated any real beauty routine....but I'm curious to see what other people use/ do as part of their routine;

I merely exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

there's no way i could shower in the morning, i'm always far too tired and lazy! so in the evening i'll :

-cleanse my face with Guinot balancing cleanser, tone with a Guinot Toner
    -Shower, wash my hair with John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioner, use Dove Body wash.
    -Dry and straighten my hair
    -Before going to bed i'll put a Thalgo Plasma Gel on my face and sleep with that!

Morning:
    -wake up whenever
    -brush my teeth
    -cleanse, tone(Guinot)
    -moisturize(Guinot)
    -Cocealer(Guinot)
    -Foundation (lancome)
    -Press powder (clinique)
    -EyeShadow (All that Glitters, Satin Taupe, Naked Lunch, Nivue- All MAC)
    -EyeLiner (Bloozz-MAC)
    -Mascara(Maybelline)
    -Blusher(Lancome)
    -Lip Gloss(Pout)
    -then i'll run the straightner through my hair and i'm ready to go!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I shower in the evenings too:

Shower about 9 (if am going out will be earlier), but (and please dont go Uuugghghg), I dont shower everyday. I have a shower every second day (along with my hair). I body wash in the morning and evening that I dont have a shower.

I dont understand showering everyday

Shower: Wash with any shower gel.
    Wash with something moisturising - condition - while conditioner is soaking in, I use a face scrub.

Dry off after shower. Clean my face and put loads of moisturiser on. Brush teeth. Dry my hair. All nice and clean for bed.

Morning:

Clean face/body. Apply moisturiser. Do eyebrows (eyebrow brush with eyeshadow-brilliant). Have an eyelash tint anyways - put bit of blue mascara on the tips - bit of eye pencil on the inside rim. Really brings out eyes. takes 5mins. Brush hair - brush teeth (use mouth wash) - off to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Get up - 7:50
    Empty the aul bladder - 7:51

Put teeth whitener in - 7:52

Shower - 7:53
    Tres Semme - Shampoo and conditioer(i leave the conditioner in)
    Bodywash(Palmolive,Lynx,Armani Code) in that order
    Farmacy from Lush (great facial wash)
    Wash out the conditioner last.

Wash teeth - 8:07

Floss + Mouth Wash - 8:11

Moisturize face & hands - 8:12

Use Eye Gel

Do Hair - 8:15

Wash gel from hands...

Run for train!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Nala wrote:
    In the evening:

quote]

sounds nice, whats the name of it?

Its this shower gel that came in a package from Boots. It came with loads of other shower gels, berry, chocolate etc... Sorry if this isnt very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

8.00am dad wakes me up
    8.30am i get up lol
    8.35am get dressed
    8.40am wash face (boots foaming daily scrub)
    8.45am apply moituriser (medicated for dry skin smells like a hospital yuck)
    8:50am apply make up (benefit compact/dior touche eclat depending on wether im wearing tan or not, eyeliner no7, mascara dior, lipgloss lancome juicy tube, h&m brown eyeshadow)
    8.55am brush teeth,wash hands and into work to listen to annoying dumb people in the bank all day lolol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I shower in the evening too. There's no way i'd get out of my bed earlier to shower in the morning.

shower: use sunsilk for greasy hair :(
    wash with johnsons shower gel, sprint from cold bathroom into warm bedroom in towel,
    spray in sunsilk conditioner into hair
    mosturise using johnsons body creme on body and johnsons baby lotion on face
    spray in treseme hair protector into hair, blow dry hair
    climb into bed

next day:
    refuse to get out of bed when bf calls me
    eventually drag myself from bed,
    mosturise face with baby lotion,
    brush teeth,
    apply vaseline with aloe vera to the lips
    depending on how late i am i'll put makeup on in the apartment or work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I don't do half as much as some of you!
    Ok I too shower at night, hate getting up in the mornings! Basically I shower, wash hair, don't use conditioner all the time, wash face and brush teeth, use body moisturiser when I can be bothered!
    So...whenever I've to get up the alarm goes off, I actually get up pretty much on time, have breakfast, get dressed, moisturise face, brush teeth, tie hair up (or straighten if I'm leaving it down), put on a bit of eyeliner and Vaseline on the lips! Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I love grooming but don’t do any of the fancy stuff listed here!

Morning groom:

Wake
    Hop in shower, wash hair with Head & Shoulders (yer only man) and no conditioner, wash face with J&J facial scrub
    Hop out of shower, get dried, and strategically blow-dry fringe (the curls form best when left to dry themselves)
    Apply Tesco facial moisturiser for sensitive skin
    Apply Sure for women and a little CK Summer or Gloria by Cacherel (when I can get it!)
    Brush teeth with Aquafresh, floss and rinse mouth with citrus Listerine
    Leg it for train
    On train apply make-up (it’s usually empty for the first few stops, I swear!):
    Rimmel foundation and powder (very light)
    Rimmel eyebrow-pencil and eyeshadow
    Clinique mascara
    Vaseline for lips
    At night this all comes off with whatever is the special offer on facial wipes in Tesco this month!

An evening grooming session (maybe twice a month?) on top of all this involves a full pit/leg/bikini shave with a good old Bic razor and Imperial Leather foam, possibly a moisturising face mask and a good slathering all over with a nice lotion. Right now I am using Jo Malone lime, basil and coriander (very pricey gift!). Oh and I always keep an eye on my eyebrow shape and am not afraid to give a good plucking when required!

Ah, the feminine rituals. I hadn’t even realised I did so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

I feel a bit low maintenance here!

Do most of my stuff in evening time:
    Get in shower - length depends on if I wash my hair or not
    (I love showers so when I get in it's very rare I get out before 15 minutes is up, 20 minutes if I have to wash my hair)
    Use whatever shower gel was on offer most recently in boots: normally something moisturising(Palmolive at mo.) - 5 mins
    Wash face with botanics facial scrub - 2 mins
    At moment, wash & condition hair with Charles Worthington(the pink one for combo hair type) - 4 mins
    Stand in shower & let mind drift - 5+ mins
    Put on Botanics moisturiser & eye cream

Blow dry hair - 5 mins
    Straighten hair(not normal for me but now necessary due to hairdressing disaster at Christmas:( ) - 5 mins

Normally have clothes ironed & get them ready for morning

Morning:
    06:45 Wake up
    06:48 Stumble to bathroom(somehow always lose 3 minutes)
    06:49 Put in contacts
    06:50 Brush, floss teeth & gargle devil's water(i.e. Listerine)
    06:51 Wash face with Botanics foaming wash
    06:52 Use toner
    06:53 Put on clear skin stuff onto impending spots(if any)
    06:54 Put on Botanics eye gel(I still don't think this stuff makes any difference but not gonna take any chances!)
    06:55 Put on Botanics moisturiser
    06:56 Go to room, get dressed.
    06:58 Brush hair. Decide if bad hair day - tie into ponytail if so;)
    07:00 Realise I should have left flat 5 minutes earlier & run to LUAS stop:eek:

No make up because no-one to impress in work; work with all boys & if I even wear a skirt into work I get the Spanish inquisition - way too much hassle to deal with if I ever did wear make up into work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Had to reply to this one:
    1. Turn off snooze on phone lodged under my pillow as i cant remember switchin it off when it orginally goes off at 7.30am.
    2.Get up anytime between 7.45am and 8.45 (depending if i know the boss will be there or not:p )
    3. Shower with whatever shower gel is handy (or bubble bath..same difference)
    4. Clothes picked out the night before, as decisions like that early in the mornin can go horribly wrong!
    5. Apply Astral moisturiser in the car. Its greasy as hell but i love it. Takes 20 mins to sink in..gone about 1/2mile in traffic only!
    6. Collins Ave, apply foundation while waiting on the mental traffic jam to move.*please dont reply sayin not to do any of this stuff in the car,its only when not moving ;) *
    7. Sandymount dart station,waiting on train to pass, apply mascara and brush hair!
    8. Work car park (an hour after leaving home) brush hair, impulse body spray!Sup last bitta coffee outta my travel mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

generally wash my hair the night before

so in morning say if ive to be in at 9 i get up bout 10 to 5 to 8

moisturise my face
    put on foundation
    blusher
    eye liner
    eye shadow
    mascara
    powder
    bronzer
    get dressed
    have breakfast
    brush teeth

leave house at ten past 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I do very little really compared to some of the accounts here and I should do more (such as moisturise the body) but I just can't really be bothered doing all that every day.

Morning;
    - Brush teeth.
    - Shower using whatever bottles looked nicest in Tesco last time the shampoo or whatever ran out, currently using a Sunsilk shampoo, an Elvive conditioner, a Nivea face wash and Nivea Rice & Lotusflower Shower Exfoliater (love it!).
    - Thai Crystal Deodorant (tried it after reading a thread about deodorants on boards and I love it now).
    - Moisturise face using Oil of Olay Light-reflecting daily moisture stuff (I don't always bother with the moisturising).
    - Only sometimes blow-dry the hair if it's very cold out or there's a reason to make a bit of an effort with the oul looks (don't like the way it dries hair out and turns it to straw).
    (Should also mention I suppose - I only wash the hair every second day)

Evening;
    - Brush teeth.
    - Sometimes use a facial cleansing wipe.
    - Some intensive moisturiser or other for face (it's one in a blue tub at the moment).

If going to the gym/running etc later in the day then I'll have a quick shower after that too.

I would probably get far better results if I was to use the matching shampoo and conditioner and a matching day cream and night cream etc but to be honest I like variety and hunting around the toiletries aisle for new things whwnever something runs out.

I only wear make-up when going out or a bit when going for a job interview or an occasion. When I do wear it it's Clinique Almost Make-up Tinted Moisturiser as foundation, Clinique Eye shadow (purple duo thingy), Clinique Soft Rose shade of lipstick, Maybelline Mascara, brush the eyebrows and a Clear Brow gel to hold the brows in a neat line.

I do pluck my eyebrows from time to time (maybe once a week) but to be honest I hate the over-plucked look you often see on women and just do a bity to tidy them up, not force them into a pencil thin arch. Luckily my brows are fair though so they don't cause much hassle anyway. The eyelashes are another story as they're blonde and it's hard to apply mascara so that it covers the whole lash without leaving blonde roots but also without clumping and putting too much on. I think that actually might be one of the main reasons I dislike putting make-up on. It looks so weird on me without mascara and mascara can go so horribly wrong! One of my sisters (the glamorous one) tells me I should wear make-up more and make the most of myself but it's all just too much hassle to be going to every day. I've never bothered so why start now. Maybe if I'd used make-up when I was in school I'd have got the hang of it and be able to do it well and quickly by now but I can't.

Coming to the age now (late 20's) where I should be using wrinkle prevention eye gels and night creams and stuff (according to a few beauty-obsessed friends and sisters) but I think any good thick cream lashed onto the face at night is probably good enough for a few more years yet (I hope).

Advertisement