Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Problem..

Options
  • 29-11-2005 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

hi, just wondering could anyone help me out? when ever i accelarate while driving, the revs on the car just shoot up.when i'd be in second, third, fourth or fith gear and put the foot down on the accelarater, the rev's would fly up from 2000 revs to 4000revs.
    would the clutch be slipping or is it the clutch cable or something else? any help would be welcomed. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

monster1 wrote:
    hi, just wondering could anyone help me out? when ever i accelarate while driving, the revs on the car just shoot up.when i'd be in second, third, fourth or fith gear and put the foot down on the accelarater, the rev's would fly up from 2000 revs to 4000revs.
    would the clutch be slipping or is it the clutch cable or something else? any help would be welcomed. thanks

Bye bye clutch...
    What milage you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Clutch gone - don't stray too far in it or you might end up stranded.

'c

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Check you oil levels too, I read somewhere (probably here) that if a particular gasket or seal goes in the engine it can leak oil onto the clutch plates causing slipping like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

sorry for the delay, internet keeps coming and going here.
    there is 72000 miles on it. i thought it might of been the clutch, is it a big job to get a new clutch for it? will it set me back much? thanks for the help.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

monster1 wrote:
    sorry for the delay, internet keeps coming and going here.
    Welcome to Ireland - the world's technology hub! :D
    monster1 wrote:
    there is 72000 miles on it. i thought it might of been the clutch, is it a big job to get a new clutch for it? will it set me back much? thanks for the help.
    A new clutch is a big enough job as the engine and gearbox need to be split. The duration will depend on the type of car but expect it to cost a couple of hundred.

• Advertisement
Advertisement