Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

next step

• 29-11-2005 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i met a girl in a club at the weekend who i instantly fancied and we seemed to hit it off straight away. Then i found out this girl was a few yrs older then me which amazed me as she doesnt look it but it stilll wouldnt put me off. Anyway i asked for her number and she gave it to me without any fuss. Im wondering should i ring her soon and ask her out or should i leave it longer. would a quick 'hello hows things' text be a bad idea??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

she gave you her number she prolly expects to hear from you ring her and arrange to meet her for a drink or coffee or be crazy and wild and ask her on a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

What exactly do you plan to do with her number if you are not going to ring/text her?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

she doesnt look it but it stilll wouldnt put me off.

Well then what's the problem? Just give her a call and arrange to meet up for a drink and just go with the flow from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

padser wrote:
    What exactly do you plan to do with her number if you are not going to ring/text her?

LOL! i wont be passing it on to you if thats what your thinking padser.. no seriously ive found in some cases it doesnt really mean anything when a girl gives you her number. one of my friends was literally begged by a young one to text her last week and when he text her he didnt get a reply.

Yeah i suppose it wouldnt do any harm to give her a buzz. Whats the worst that can happen as the Doctor Pepper ad said. I just hope she wont be freaked out and actually remember she gave it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

call her, you've nothing to lose. either she likes you and you go out have some fun, or she was drunk, regrets/ can't remember giving you her number in which case she'll tell you 'thanks, but I'm washing my hair' and you get on with your life. Easy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Quick text message, just saying hi etc would do the trick. Wait at least 24 hours

try out http://www.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice_100/127_dating_tips.html

always full of tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea go for it, there's nothing to stop ya!! if you text then its up to her what the next move is!

i sent a text last night but she didnt answer back so incase it was a situation of her not having credit i rung the number today to ask her out but it just rung out. i can only assume shes lost interest or as someone suggested had a drink or 2 too many which personally i dont think is the case but you'd never know.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Happens to us all mate. Better luck next time.

g'em wrote:
    but I'm washing my hair' and you get on with your life. Easy!!

I wish she even said that. Its not the fact this girl is not interested but i feel a right dope for texting her. Id admire a young one thats up front with me and says thanks but no thanks.sure i suppose at least i tried and technically i 'scored her' as you on boards would put it albeit for 15 seconds.

personally i think she cooled off when she found out there was a 7 yr gap between us and the fact im only a student and she runs her own business

• Advertisement
Advertisement