Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claudy Bombs suspects arrested.

Options
  • 29-11-2005 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

33 years after the event 4 people have been arrested in connection with the triple bombing at Claudy village Co Derry, one is Francie Brolly is now a SF MLA who the Provos are alreay getting excited about with Martin McGuinness demanding he be released. McGuinness is of course the ex deputy commander of the PIRA Derry brigade so I imagine he knows exactly who was involved...

Brollys wife Anne was the SF Mayor of Limavady Borough Council and said in 2003
    I felt that what happened in Claudy was a grievous wrong.

If we can get at the truth and bring succour to the families in Claudy, then I certainly wanted to support the motion and I think it was wholeheartedly and unanimously supported in the council chamber."

Could be an awkward atmosphere at the dinner table yet...

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

again SF/IRA show their true colours,the dogs in the street know they are nothing but a bunch of killers and their sympathisers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

again SF/IRA show their true colours,the dogs in the street know they are nothing but a bunch of killers and their sympathisers
    Who's been convicted of what, now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Somebody gets arrested and NOT charged nor convicted and yet some people jump in their judgement.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

gurramok wrote:
    Somebody gets arrested and NOT charged nor convicted and yet some people jump in their judgement.:)

But the PSNI said it so it MUST be true! If you can't trust the Police...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

if the big tar brushes are coming out then one may as well look to the 'other side' in northern politics and see if they've been involved in paramilitary activity 30 years ago .... i seem to recall that recently a DUP fella was accused of exactly that.

Isnt it natural in a society such as the north that people involved in politics would also be involved in paramilitary activity? - especially since it was 30 years ago - thats almost a third of a century. times change and people move on, which its obvious this shinner has done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

maccor wrote:
    if the big tar brushes are coming out then one may as well look to the 'other side' in northern politics and see if they've been involved in paramilitary activity 30 years ago .... i seem to recall that recently a DUP fella was accused of exactly that.

Isnt it natural in a society such as the north that people involved in politics would also be involved in paramilitary activity? - especially since it was 30 years ago - thats almost a third of a century. times change and people move on, which its obvious this shinner has done.
    IT AINT NATURAL IN ANY SOCIETY ,NO MATTER HOW OPPRESSED A COMMUNITY,TYPICAL SHINNER REVISIONISM ,SHINNERS=TERRORIST SYMPATHISERS

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

maccor wrote:
    ..times change and people move on, which its obvious this shinner has done.
    Well, if this shinner was involved and has "moved on" then I'd say he's a lucky man. The poor sods who were blown to bits never had that opportunity so regardless of what people did following their murderous acts, they should still face justice.

It was inevitable that SF would claim the arrests are "politically motivated". They whine with the best of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

i would say - as i assume most people who have been keeping an eye on the peace process - that a lot of people have moved on.

This happened 30 years ago. If the man is guilty then fair enough - whyu though theres still unsolved crimes in tyrone (pomeroy) in which the ruc was involved and why it looks like the psni are choosing carefully what crimes to solve in regards to the early years of the troubles - maybe thats what teh shinners are complaining about.

Honestly though - please feel free with the shinner bashing without any forethough ... its inevitable that'll happen, though it doesnt help the peace process and wont help finding a path through the bull****.

Advertisement